ELO hell is garbage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luckyone001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrang View Post
According to high elo stream and my understanding, the pros seemed to agree that if you want to carry a game, the role that you should be pick, from easiest to carry to hardest, are:

1. Bot lane AD carry (main dmg late game, must be equally or more fed compared to other team)
2. Mid AP (Burst early game and late game)
3. Jungle (So you can help lanes early on)
4. Top Solo (You are too removed in the early game from the action around dragon, basically a less involved jungle tank for most part)
5. Support (never play support unless last pick)

If the bot lane AD did poorly, you will usually lose, cuz you are not getting that high sustain dmg at the end game.

Therefore, if you can, you should always pick bot ranged AD or mid AP so you can carry game.
Thats good advice. Thanks. I've been playing top a lot.. never really thought of being removed from early game so much.

Espirit67

01-08-2012

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that ranked in this game almost means nothing when in ELO hell. It's pretty much a lottery system where you hope and you pray for a good team, but in the end that means nothing to people who run into the end of the fight and get killed. I've resigned myself that even though I want to quit LoL and uninstall...I'll probably be back within a few days. So honestly, ranked elo in this game just broken. You start to realize a couple things already noted:
People don't understand how their champions work
People don't realize you need to build tanky when you've died more than 4 times in the last 10 minutes.
And Etc.
Honestly, all the **** you go through with ranked isn't worth the rage and the frustration in the long term.
I get that LoL has checks and balances within every champion...but honestly, there's nothing you can do when your team lacks common sense. Is there a way for riot to fix this? I really don't think so, it's pretty much impossible to fix the current 'ELO HELL" situation. As more and more people get to level 30, the skill cap isn't much a barrier to bad players. As long as Riot Games makes the money, I don't think they'll ever try to fix the problem.

That's my two cents about that. Boy, I've been keeping that in for a while...it's nice to let it all out.

Player47

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
If you play enough games, the ratio of bad people on your team to bad people on the other team will even out. It's reasonably likely that you'll be grouped with bad players three times in a row, but it will even out over time and the primary determination of your rating will be your own skill.
That is ****ing bull****, since there is no one hero you can do well with and carry a team full of 4 feeders or leavers and win. Its not Dota where you can play Drow or Huska or OD.

Skill has nothing to do with it.

You can not compensate for 4 other people in a team game. Unless there was such a hero who can solo the other team.

DrWho2310

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpeter View Post
Theres always something you could have done to win, If you dont belive that you could have done anything better/different to win the game, then you probably need to reconsider your understanding of how to win LoL. Theres more to the game then Winning your lane marginally to decently. Also if you lose elo over a large number of games then your the losing factor, you people need to stop complaining and figure out what will make you better.
just another moron. Why don;t you just give the answer:" stun him?" that's all you see from people like you:
1:"you did that? rly? awww man you suck...."
2:"but what should i do to play better?"
1:"figure out how to play better.... dummbasss"
that's all you see now... so little usefull answers...

Tyrang

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyone001 View Post
Thats good advice. Thanks. I've been playing top a lot.. never really thought of being removed from early game so much.
Thanks! Taking teleport actually help with that problem. Champs with global ult are alos great for this.

Altho it technically is harder to carry in top lane, it is still doable. HotshotGG is a famous example with top lane Nidalee carry. The thing is he usually runs pure poke/split-push comp with nid, which actually require not only skills in hit and run, but also a lot of organizing the team to an extend to make it work.

Overall, I think it is easier to run a team fight comp (with a real tank and some cc's) than a poke/split-push comp in solo queue. It is hard enough to get ppl to group up, let alone organizing across-the-map action.

GINnTONIC

01-09-2012

Duo is always an option.

However I personally believe the the idea of ELO hell to be a bit dumb, you are what your rank generally says you are. From personal experience I was interested as to what ELO hell was like. So i took my friend's account which was unranked 0-0 @ 1200 ELO and duo queue'd with my friend who was roughly 860 ELO. I played either solo mid or jungler, after 9 games our record was 7-2, sure some teams were just simply uncarriable, it happens (see the 2 losses), but the fact that I was far superior to players at this ELO allowed me to make up for deficincies of my team mates.

If you're better then your ELO you will rise in rank, just remember it's easy to remember the times your team was uncarriable. However, think about all the timesyour opponent was that uncarriable team and you just dominated them. It goes both ways, everyone gets bad teams and everyone has bad games (even at higher ELOS).

I'm by no means an ultra high ELO, but was gold ranked last season @ 1664 and have managaed to yet again avoid plummeting to the sub 1200 ELO people describe as "hell"

oMello37

01-09-2012

If you gave me your account ill bet on it that i can make it atleast mid elo (1450). if you cant do it yourself than you need to play more normals.

dEEjAYY1337

01-10-2012

this game is broke, can't even play ranked anymore without a feeding team. I went from a 1200 elo down to a 700? RU SERIOUSSSSSSSS? I'm not a bad player at all, it's these feeding noobs they act like this is there day playing or something @ lvl 30??????? PLEASE FIX RIOT this is beyond stupid!!!!!!!

Parrots

01-10-2012

Too many people believe that they're better than they actually are. Arrogance causes misconceptions.

Player47

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litkey View Post
Elo hell is non-existent. L2make more excuses.
**** you.