ELO hell is garbage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A2ZOMG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2012

Here's how you get better at soloque ranked.

First, accept that it's bull****.

Secondly, never complain about it once you accept that.

Finally, never take it out on your teammates for performing badly. Good communication wins the game, and acting like an immature 10 year old is counterproductive to this goal. If you see someone on your team bashing another teammate, you have the right to tell them to shut the **** up because that kind of bull**** is what actually ruins the game.

Oh yeah, also be very very flexible. Be able to perform any role on demand.

Litkey

01-07-2012

Elo hell is non-existent. L2make more excuses.

Morrphine

01-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
If you play enough games, the ratio of bad people on your team to bad people on the other team will even out. It's reasonably likely that you'll be grouped with bad players three times in a row, but it will even out over time and the primary determination of your rating will be your own skill.

that doesnt mean anything for being stuck in elo hell, if every thing is avg'd out then u will be at the same place 100 games from now that u started at, hence elo hell, its the avg'g thing that is keeping everyone in elo hell

Dragonmount

01-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrphine View Post
that doesnt mean anything for being stuck in elo hell, if every thing is avg'd out then u will be at the same place 100 games from now that u started at, hence elo hell, its the avg'g thing that is keeping everyone in elo hell
If you can't get out over 100s of games, you are where you belong. I've got no problem whatsoever getting to the high 1400s multiple times, even from as low as 1100. I've had some MAJOR issues of extreme feeding/trolls, and I kept a log of nearly 200 games, but they don't force you down.. they simply slow you down.

I'm not even good at the game. I've found that the biggest difference between 1250-1300 players and ~1500 players is that the junglers buy oracles, top lanes carry teleport, and the junglers build GP5. You can carry hard out of the jungle.. by crippling bottom lane with no vision + constant fear of ganks.

Also, play champions that can clear creep waves quickly. Gold = wins.

Morrphine

01-07-2012

i have found that most ppl just have no clue how to play, their champ selections make no sense and then they suck at the champ that they "had to have", logic like ratio of good to bad players blah blah blah doesnt make any sense, 1 bad feeder basically turns the game into 5v4

IMO teams should be made on both sides based on how each player is in each game, IE: elo based on play not elo based on wins and losses, if i go 8/2/9 every game i shouldn't get stuck with ppl that go 0/10/4 just cause we have the same elo

and to say the other team has the same chance of getting that bad player doesnt mean anything cause 1 win wont do anything for you when the next match u get that guy on your team

All i really wuold like to see is even matched teams so they r good matches, not blowouts one way or the other, no matter what the elo is.

Omicron Austin

01-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrphine View Post
IMO teams should be made on both sides based on how each player is in each game, IE: elo based on play not elo based on wins and losses, if i go 8/2/9 every game i shouldn't get stuck with ppl that go 0/10/4 just cause we have the same elo
The problem with that is that there's no way to set up a reasonable system for that. Tanks and supports, played properly, won't usually have positive kill/death ratios, and going even with AD Carries or burst champs should be considered bad.

NeedSeaBee

01-07-2012

I went up by telling people to shut the **** up, badmouthing them, and repeatedly jungling shyvana. Taking it out on your teammates has nothing to do with losing, imo. Got suspended twice in the process, but who cares? Won anyways.

Just find one role/champ you're really good at.

Morrphine

01-07-2012

i usually play Wu and do very well, but i cant carry the team if feeders, and i dont really care about the elo, i just want even matches is all

those r much more fun than getting or blowing out another team

There has to be a better way of matching up like skilled teams, the matches r way too lopsided one way or the other for this system to be working correctly

Tyrang

01-08-2012

I guess it all depends on hard hard you can carry, and how well you can stimulate the team to win. The smurf accounts of the pros are all high elo. Chaox literally climb from 1000ish elo to over 2000 elo in less than a month on his smurf.

Rythoka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrang View Post
I guess it all depends on hard hard you can carry, and how well you can stimulate the team to win. The smurf accounts of the pros are all high elo. Chaox literally climb from 1000ish elo to over 2000 elo in less than a month on his smurf.
The problem with this is that there's a lot of players who aren't 2k+ elo carries. There's 1500 Elo players stuck at ~1000 because they can't get a decent team.

I haven't played enough for anything to be looked at statistically, but I know that at least 60% of the time one of the lanes on my team in my game feeds.