ELO hell is garbage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luckyone001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

How do I get out?

I never want to play ranked games because of how one person (let alone several) being unprepared can completely end the game in the first 5 minutes.

I do my research, I found 2-3 VIABLE champs im best with for backup and different roles. I talk before the game, say which roles I prefer, I buy wards, I don't rage and I feed 1 out of every 100 games.

Yet I get stuck with people that pick champs they dont even KNOW how to use.

My last three games were like this.

1. Top Riven , 3 kills up. Bot lane feeds Vayne so horribly bad she goes legendary and just becomes unstoppable
2. Top Riven, Deny their volibear so bad i have quadruple the last hits. Bot Graves and Soraka go 0/6/0 at the end of the game
3. Jungle Riven, a Nasus asked for top so I gave it too him. I'd honestly be suprised if that was his first time playing nasus. He didnt even notice when I showed up to gank. Was basically a worthless piece of trash the whole game that didnt build or do one smart thing the entire game. Annie and Nasus were both 3 levels behind 10 minutes in. Refused to surrender the whole game despite having 0 dragons, barons, or towers .. and being 15 kills down.

I feel i'm always a benefit too my team. The only time my score goes atrocious is when they are so ridiculously fed that I can't even fight back.

Why are these people a reflection of my rating? If any single one of them went top with me I would have gotten fed, and carried my team instead.

How the hell do I actually GET TO A RATING where most everyone actually queue's up for Ranked to win... instead of queuing up to fail.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

If you play enough games, the ratio of bad people on your team to bad people on the other team will even out. It's reasonably likely that you'll be grouped with bad players three times in a row, but it will even out over time and the primary determination of your rating will be your own skill.

ITown

01-05-2012

i'd say find someone to duo queue with, so you at least have one person to rely on helping

LE3T

01-05-2012

no such thing as elo hell. U can drop to 1200 from 1600 like I did and in a matter of time still rise up after a week

Tyrang

01-05-2012

According to high elo stream and my understanding, the pros seemed to agree that if you want to carry a game, the role that you should be pick, from easiest to carry to hardest, are:

1. Bot lane AD carry (main dmg late game, must be equally or more fed compared to other team)
2. Mid AP (Burst early game and late game)
3. Jungle (So you can help lanes early on)
4. Top Solo (You are too removed in the early game from the action around dragon, basically a less involved jungle tank for most part)
5. Support (never play support unless last pick)

If the bot lane AD did poorly, you will usually lose, cuz you are not getting that high sustain dmg at the end game.

Therefore, if you can, you should always pick bot ranged AD or mid AP so you can carry game.

Hellig

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
If you play enough games, the ratio of bad people on your team to bad people on the other team will even out. It's reasonably likely that you'll be grouped with bad players three times in a row, but it will even out over time and the primary determination of your rating will be your own skill.
this isn't true. I had the same philosophy but after 30+ games i'm beginning to understand that's not true. the fact that i can lose when i'm playing a perfect game and lose elo is atrocious. Riot truly does need to rework this ****ty, ****ty, ****ty system.

elpeter

01-05-2012

Theres always something you could have done to win, If you dont belive that you could have done anything better/different to win the game, then you probably need to reconsider your understanding of how to win LoL. Theres more to the game then Winning your lane marginally to decently. Also if you lose elo over a large number of games then your the losing factor, you people need to stop complaining and figure out what will make you better.

thepantsparty

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellig View Post
this isn't true. I had the same philosophy but after 30+ games i'm beginning to understand that's not true. the fact that i can lose when i'm playing a perfect game and lose elo is atrocious. Riot truly does need to rework this ****ty, ****ty, ****ty system.
30 games is still statistically a fairly small number, where you're still very vulnerable to random chance.

Vexiperion

01-06-2012

play more games and you get better teammates. my elo's been consistently going up ~

Fixyou

01-06-2012

Stabntwist: go watch some high level streams some time.
Stabntwist: you might learn something.
CFP BlazenIraqy: go watch em
CFP BlazenIraqy: i bet they help their team
Stabntwist: no, they dont actually

never getting out......