Anyone else feel that ROA should be improved for Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seņor Pancho

01-04-2012

Quote:
u know what also gives sustain? health relics.

p.s. they also give u mana

u know what also gives u sustain? the dominion aura

and recalling...
this is dumb. it's like when someone says "gp10 items are stupid because of the passive gold gain dominion provides"

well guess what, in those 2 cases, more is always better.

why just rely on relics when you can have both?

Bonabon

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Pancho View Post
this is dumb. it's like when someone says "gp10 items are stupid because of the passive gold gain dominion provides"

well guess what, in those 2 cases, more is always better.

why just rely on relics when you can have both?
I don't know how much I can agree with the gp10, lol. I mean, I understand that it's certainly not hurting anything, but this isn't SR where supports aren't going to be getting any income from CS so they need the extra gold from those items.

Sure I'll pick up the item as I build it into whatever it builds into, but I don't think any champion in Dom has the mentality of "I need to rush that gp10 item asap."

Seņor Pancho

01-04-2012

Quote:
I don't know how much I can agree with the gp10, lol. I mean, I understand that it's certainly not hurting anything, but this isn't SR where supports aren't going to be getting any income from CS so they need the extra gold from those items.

Sure I'll pick up the item as I build it into whatever it builds into, but I don't think any champion in Dom has the mentality of "I need to rush that gp10 item asap."
just get it first, then complete the item later... every gp10 is good except the philo stone.

best one has to be HoG. get this + boots 1 if you play a tank or someone that will be getting alot of heat like blitz, malph, ali etc... and turn that **** into a randuin omen later, the best tank item in dominion IMO.

don't stack them like in SR tho. THAT would be beyond stupid.

Bonabon

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Pancho View Post
just get it first, then complete the item later... every gp10 is good except the philo stone.

best one has to be HoG. get this + boots 1 if you play a tank or someone that will be getting alot of heat like blitz, malph, ali etc... and turn that **** into a randuin omen later, the best tank item in dominion IMO.

don't stack them like in SR tho. THAT would be beyond stupid.
Yeah I could see that. Though personally I tend to build early armor/mr on tanks as opposed to hp, as tanks naturally have a high base hp, but that's just preference I suppose and also depends how balanced the damage on the other team is.

David12596

01-05-2012

My saying more gold more fun! :P

With that said, i only build a gp10 when it builds into something i need.

Nunkuruji

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
Why would you get a RoA on Dominion in the first place? In most cases Boots->Catalyst->Deathcap->Lich Bane/Odyn's Veil works way better, especially on Kassadin or other mage assassins.

You get about the same amount of mana and survivability, WAY better utility, and WAY WAY better damage output, not to mention you don't have a set-up time for RoA.

Kassadin is a mage assassin. The only place where you should get RoA is on Summoner's Rift, where the higher amounts of HP are badly needed as well as the catalyst aspect. And even then going for Catalyst->Deathcap is many times the better option.
For Kassadin specifically, you're looking at an approximate 2.0 AP ratio if you hit once with all your abilities in succession, which translates into roughly 2.0x80AP-Charged_RoA=160 damage. Uncharged Odyn's is going to give you a flat 200 AOE damage, and up to 400 if you've taken heavy magic damage. So certainly it's going to give you more burst and more survivability in a mage button mash race, if you're in melee.

However, if you're working toward a LichBane, RoA is going to fuel that much better.

I find Odyn's to be a fantastic item, but I also see it poorly and prematurely used by tanks who should really let it charge up from some damage soak, and execute as a finisher.

David12596

01-07-2012

bump

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2012

odyns vs RoA on kass is a foolish comparison.

What kass doesn't build a deathcap?

Odyns gives less mana and less hp.

So you are trading mana, hp, and a minor bit of damage for the early game advantage that not having to take magic damage gives you. Sure, later, odyns is a great item, but a kass with early RoA vs a kass with early Odyns... I know who I would prefer. Especially if they use ONE of their skills a second time, omg, it will do more damage

David12596

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
odyns vs RoA on kass is a foolish comparison.

What kass doesn't build a deathcap?

Odyns gives less mana and less hp.

So you are trading mana, hp, and a minor bit of damage for the early game advantage that not having to take magic damage gives you. Sure, later, odyns is a great item, but a kass with early RoA vs a kass with early Odyns... I know who I would prefer. Especially if they use ONE of their skills a second time, omg, it will do more damage
Why would you "rush" a Odyns. Its one thing to save the catalyst and upgrade it to Odyns later, but its another to rush a Odyns early. The only reason i can see someone rushing it is if they really really need the MR.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

I think it would be nice if they removed the stacking element and made the combine cost 50g