Anyone else feel that ROA should be improved for Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

larkhill

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
Wrong, it gives immediate benefits of extremely high sustain due to the on level heal/mana restore until around level 10ish. Bot lane can finish RoA by 5m and have it maxed by 15. Any normal game will last at least 20m.
u know what also gives sustain? health relics.

p.s. they also give u mana

u know what also gives u sustain? the dominion aura

and recalling...

u will never need more sustain than that. if ur low on hp/mana, roa wont help u. its not something u can activate on command.

and maxed at 15 min? the game is basically over by then. u'd need a pretty epic comeback to pull off a victory if ur losing at the 15 min mark (unless ur playing against a really bad team i guess)

u know what happens before the 15 min mark? ur opponent builds items that help him right away and simply dominate your lane. u know what happens when an opponent dominates bot lane? they control both their point's health relic and the relic in the middle of the lane, giving them sustain as well as the item advantage.

Bonabon

01-04-2012

I always rush Catalyst on champs that need that healthy mana pool. Usually it gets built into RoA, and if nothing else I will buy the Blasting Wand next like I was going to build the RoA. Though if it's an AP heavy team I'll build Odyn's instead and turn the Blasting Wand into an Abyssal Scepter or something.

I sort of feel what you're saying, though. I like the Catalyst, but I just wish there were more options it could build.

IMSOJUICY

01-04-2012

ROA is fine on dominion, imo

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

Lol, you saying that kassadin can sustain just on health relics?

You saying that the health mana and ap, combined with a free sustain is not valuable on bottom lane champs?

You are bad yo, please go learn that the sustain from health relics is not enough to keep you in the game for some champs, and that you also have to be next to the health relic, and be the only one using it

David12596

01-04-2012

Honestly it sounds like people are saying its good for mana and sustain in bot lane. Well here is my two cents.

If you want sustain in the bot lane you might as well save the Catalyst and upgrade it to a Odyn's later. I rather get a Catalyst and get a Rylai's, then upgrade the Catalyst to a ROA.

If you where to get ROA at 5 minutes in game and where to reach 15 minutes you would get 630 HP, 725 Mana and 80AP fully stacked. I think most people would rather take the Rylia's because that gives 500 HP and 80AP off the bat. It also gives a slow to all spells.

Now the mana part. In all honestly I never really build in tear (unless I am Urgot) or ROA for mana in dominion because I find that with proper mana management and making full use of health shrines I really never run low. I really never find myself running out of mana a lot in dominion due to Runes and Masteries I use.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

So david, you don't play these champs ever do you:

Maokai
Singed
Cass
Kass

Cause all of them can run out of mana if playing offensively, regardless of health shrines, all of them want the mana hp and ap, rather than getting a rylais (or even getting a rylais aswell), and not to mention the sustain from a RoA vs the HUGE cost of catalyst+rylais, yeah

David12596

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
So david, you don't play these champs ever do you:

Maokai
Singed
Cass
Kass

Cause all of them can run out of mana if playing offensively, regardless of health shrines, all of them want the mana hp and ap, rather than getting a rylais (or even getting a rylais aswell), and not to mention the sustain from a RoA vs the HUGE cost of catalyst+rylais, yeah
yes
no
yes
no

If you want it for the sustain I take a Catalyst+rylais over a RoA. If you need it for mana then get it, but I have played Cass and Maokia in dominion and i really don't have mana problems with either of them. For singed, though personally i have not played him, i can see him needing a ROA for mana.

Shamanic

01-04-2012

Why would you get a RoA on Dominion in the first place? In most cases Boots->Catalyst->Deathcap->Lich Bane/Odyn's Veil works way better, especially on Kassadin or other mage assassins.

You get about the same amount of mana and survivability, WAY better utility, and WAY WAY better damage output, not to mention you don't have a set-up time for RoA.

Kassadin is a mage assassin. The only place where you should get RoA is on Summoner's Rift, where the higher amounts of HP are badly needed as well as the catalyst aspect. And even then going for Catalyst->Deathcap is many times the better option.

Aroyok

01-04-2012

RoA's on-level-up passive effectively keeps you in the field for longer. Of course, you could just keep a Catalyst, and on some champs I do. Otherwise, I rush RoA after boots 2 if I'm looking for survivability on an AP champ.

WendysBaconater

Recruiter

01-04-2012

On gragas i go bot and grab two ROAs. its really silly just tossing my weight around