Anyone else feel that ROA should be improved for Dominion?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

David12596

01-04-2012

I really want to get ROA in dominion sometimes, but I feel it is not worth the investment unless you rush it. I tend to stay away from it for that very reason because i want to get a item that will reach its full effects without having to rush it. While i understand the reason they removed Warmogs was because of how much health it gave and Riot wants to avoid something like that, why not maker a cheaper/weaker item like ROA for just dominion?

edit
Honestly it sounds like people are saying its good for mana and sustain in bot lane. Well here is my two cents.

If you want sustain in the bot lane you might as well save the Catalyst and upgrade it to a Odyn's later. I rather get a Catalyst and get a Rylai's, then upgrade the Catalyst to a ROA.

If you where to get ROA at 5 minutes in game and where to reach 15 minutes you would get 630 HP, 725 Mana and 80AP fully stacked. I think most people would rather take the Rylia's because that gives 500 HP and 80AP off the bat. It also gives a slow to all spells.

Now the mana part. In all honestly I never really build in tear (unless I am Urgot) or ROA for mana in dominion because I find that with proper mana management and making full use of health shrines I really never run low. I really never find myself running out of mana a lot in dominion due to Runes and Masteries I use.

gnmish

01-04-2012

I get RoA for every game when playing Bot, its basically a free heal/mana pot every 1.5 minutes, gives great HP and AP and if you are smart about it you can complete it by 5 minutes. That'll give you 10 mins to max it out.

I think you need to sit down and actually look at the numbers rather than dismiss it because of the scaling. Its pretty good even on base stats.

edit: On numbers
Singed gets 811hp from RoA. Im not saying Rylais isn't a great item, I personally build both RoA and Rylais in most games, but there is no need to change RoA in Dominion.

Taenaryn

01-04-2012

I buy Catalyst on Maokai, get RoA before I even start boots.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-04-2012

RoA is good if you need the mana or the sustain. Otherwise, Rylai's is cheaper and gives you the health and AP up front. This is true in Classic as well and is not just a Dominion-only problem. (anyone remember the Ahri spotlight - Phreak gets a RoA and then sells it off later for Rylai's)

When you do need the mana and sustain, personally I think you're better off hanging onto the Catalyst and building something else, then turning it into Odyn's once the passive stops being useful.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

RoA is fine on a number of champions

larkhill

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by David12596 View Post
I really want to get ROA in dominion sometimes

theres ur problem...

my solution? dont get it. not even bot lane should get it. u know what happens when u get it? the opponent gets an item that benefits them instantly and takes the advantage.

roa simply takes too long to become cost effective. by the time u have the gold to buy it and get it to full power, the game is over.

Stimuz

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
theres ur problem...

my solution? dont get it. not even bot lane should get it. u know what happens when u get it? the opponent gets an item that benefits them instantly and takes the advantage.

roa simply takes too long to become cost effective. by the time u have the gold to buy it and get it to full power, the game is over.
Wrong, it gives immediate benefits of extremely high sustain due to the on level heal/mana restore until around level 10ish. Bot lane can finish RoA by 5m and have it maxed by 15. Any normal game will last at least 20m.

Phourc

01-04-2012

yeah I don't think RoA is that good on dominion, it sets you too far back for what is basically the stats on rylai's with a 10 minute delay.

I wish they'd make a new version for Dom, but that'd probably come after the dominion warmogs and new caster items xP

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

everyone who is saying "its not that good"

Lets see

Maokai
Kassadin
Singed
Cassiopeia
Viktor

Those are just off the top of my head, there are more but all of those benefit greatly from this item

lbgsloan

01-04-2012

But...it doesn't have the same stats as Rylai's. It gives a ton of mana and catalyst procs all game in exchage for having to wait on the extra health and AP. Not every champion needs a huge mana pool and can get away with just some extra regen, but some really can't function without it and tear is a bad choice on most champions.

12345 ... 6