Possible quick fix for Blue-Purple imbalance due to HUD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperKif

01-03-2012

I've seen a lot of posts lately on the imbalance between the two teams. I know some of this is because of buff and monster placement. However, I would say for the vast majority of not-incredibly serious players, the biggest problem is the Heads Up Display. When playing on blue, it isn't a problem because it covers up nothing of importance (for the most part). However, on purple it covers up the opponent and their minions during the laning phase and can affect mid-late game initiation.

I therefore propose the following fix. Create an ingame option for players to move their HUD to the top of the screen instead of the bottom. Now I know that would be awkward for a bit, but I believe it would help fix the issue. I would love feedback on this, and if anyone from Riot could let us all know what they think about this solution or if they are working on any others, we would all greatly appreciate it.

Here's Hoping!
-SuperKif

Spiral Shark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2012

i personally don't have an issue with it, but it'd be a nice option all the same

Loctorak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2012

Or just turn the main HUD off. Once you learn to Ctrl + Q/W/E/R you don't really need all that grey and the ability icons as well as health and mana bars. I'd like to see an option to keep health/mana bars, minimap and inventory with transparent backing.

Maybe ability icons at the top with health and inventory or something. Sometimes it's nice to have them.

Lutzj

01-03-2012

It's not just the HUD. The fact that the camera is angled means you can see farther north than south.

FaZe MyStiC

01-07-2012

I agree with this, I HATE playing as purple, it really messes the way i play, I would love to see an option where you could have your orientation view changed according to how you would want to play.

FaZe MyStiC

01-07-2012

I agree, I personally HATE playing as purple as the HUD orientation is different. Personally I find my performance a whole lot better when playing as blue as you can see the enemy a whole lot easier therefore making it much easier to harass early game.

alaskaneagle

01-07-2012

I refuse to play purple anymore. I was stuck on purple 4 times in a row, lost every match, because others refuse to play it and leave during selection. I can't see well enough to attack enemies or mini's on purple. It's a huge disadvantage. I am amazed the game has been out this long with this blatant of an issue without it being fixed

GGGABES

01-08-2012

its evened out by the layout of the map for purple. If you notice, purples jungle goes directly into their bot lane. this allows any competent mid laner to bypass the most common river ward locations and very often gank without being seen. very important considering it allows purple AP to gimp the blue carry lane much easier. top lane the HUD shouldnt be an issue anyways, in a 1v1 you dont need nearly as much depth of vision to keep track of things.

while having the option to switch the hud around would be cool, there really is no reason for riot to put it in other than to please forum whiners