Current Meta of SRift

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Druukian

01-03-2012

@ orchideeJunglers are leveling between 2 laners and solo laners. You are a bit faster than 2 laners and slower than 1 laners. Indeed, increasing the exp given by creeps would help the leveling if the buffs are harder to get.

Jungling is in a pretty good shape since last changes, what really crippled jungling is the removing of Nimbless dodge, that really shut down some junglers.

Oh and I never said only support would have CCs, I just said that Support champs in end-game (and I mean those real support where they end up with following invo (Ward slot, Reverie, HoG, Aegis.) They won't have enough money to get anything else since they don't farm (0 cs) and all they get is assists. (Of course assists can lead to gold, but not in this meta.)
They deal extremly low damage, they don't stand a chance to deal damage, so what they can do is CC and heal/protect.
I wouldn't change a thing about champions, I just mentionned how more important warding will become and how useful they will be, since they will be able to roam a bit more.

Ailurus fulgens

01-03-2012

for that thing baron or dragon is under attack with ping or complete vision is just **** dumb come on just ward as a jungler or support you need to ward that is there roles what the hell would be the point of cv or warding then besides even if it did tell you good people wouldent try to do it without 1st clearing the ward with vision ward and knowing that either a succesfull mid gank was done and bot pushed hard or something like that so atleast 4 people are on it. i jungle noc and normaly get dragon solo with wriggles and boots 3 hp pots and smite so i know i can get it while mid bot are pushed. lol

Metodex

01-03-2012

nerf offtanks?

Play jarvan

Druukian

01-03-2012

We're not talking about "you and me" we're talking about pros, they normally know about that since they ward. But I think it could add a kind of psychologic game into the game. Someone could only be attacking dragon once and leave to create panic into enemy team if not warded.

Spiral Shark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2012

I honestly don't understand the over-reliance on the current "meta", I've never once followed it. I main Kassadin, Ez, and Shen, and as Kass/Ez I ALWAYS take mid. Neither of these two fit the mid meta, and hardly the meta at all, but I've never had a problem with it, and neither has the crew I roll with, I'm the de-facto mid when we premake. The farming issue I don't understand either, sure, with twenty minions you get 1st blood worth of kills, but that's looking at things in a vacuum. When I'm mid, minions take second priority underneath poking/harrasing the other champion and avoiding the same, so it takes a LOT longer to get those twenty kills then one would suggest. And you're also looking at kills the same way, one doesn't get kills just for gold, they do it to free up a lane to push more easily.

Granted, I'm not even lvl 27, so I haven't played any ranked and may be completely off-base here in relation to ranked games, but still. People conform too much in MMOs and feel that they HAVE to follow the pattern, when it's not at all needed. In fact, it may be beneficial to break from the meta, throwing a proverbial wrench into the gears of the other team's strategy.

ReaverofDoom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral Shark View Post
I honestly don't understand the over-reliance on the current "meta", I've never once followed it. I main Kassadin, Ez, and Shen, and as Kass/Ez I ALWAYS take mid. Neither of these two fit the mid meta, and hardly the meta at all, but I've never had a problem with it, and neither has the crew I roll with, I'm the de-facto mid when we premake. The farming issue I don't understand either, sure, with twenty minions you get 1st blood worth of kills, but that's looking at things in a vacuum. When I'm mid, minions take second priority underneath poking/harrasing the other champion and avoiding the same, so it takes a LOT longer to get those twenty kills then one would suggest. And you're also looking at kills the same way, one doesn't get kills just for gold, they do it to free up a lane to push more easily.

Granted, I'm not even lvl 27, so I haven't played any ranked and may be completely off-base here in relation to ranked games, but still. People conform too much in MMOs and feel that they HAVE to follow the pattern, when it's not at all needed. In fact, it may be beneficial to break from the meta, throwing a proverbial wrench into the gears of the other team's strategy.
I lol'd @ kass mid not being meta. But seriously, the reason its the "meta" is because it WORKS (and technically counters the previous meta, but I digress). Also, the harassing you do should be almost exclusively abilities as a mid, with your autoattacks focusing on last hitting. Just imagine the gold income you would have had you not only killed your opponent but also grabbed almost all of the creeps.

Normals are also a joke, my last game I went double mid AP Soraka and AP Maokai and wrecked their team. We didn't even have a jungler. Had this been a serious game, we would have been rofl stomped due to being out leveled, competing for last hits, etc. (the remaining members of my team were AP malph, Vicktor, and blitz)

Wafer

01-04-2012

Go Play Dominion, letting people know dragon and baron are being attacked removes an entire aspect of the game, warding.

Druukian

01-04-2012

@Wafer
it adds to the game psychologic fear actually. Warding is still important to know when to go straight for it.

imagine the scene, everyone goes mia on enemy team except for top that really is pushing hard (for unknown reason) then you hear the ping on dragon under attack, it's about 6 mins in the game and you haven't warded yet since it's only 6. You have to panic, you need to do something. It might only be a trick on your team or they might really be taking it.

I'm still not sure about it myself, but I can assure you that it adds this psychologic aspect.

Tyrang

01-04-2012

Maybe the less gold from minion is an interesting idea to make the game more active? But if the game is too active, I felt like it will take away from the strategic nature of SRift.

Auto ping on Dragon and Baron is not a good idea. PPL should know when their dragon/baron is being taken. It is not hard to figure out, the effort to ward/sneak dragon and baron is part of the strategic part that make SRift fun.

JotaFC

01-04-2012

nah