Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Matchmaking Improvements Update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voygirl

10-09-2009

Great stuff Zileas, very interesting to read.

HowlingKommando

10-09-2009

See kids, this is why Math is important.

L0CUST

The Council

10-09-2009

Just want to say, MIT did a great job teaching coloring and drawing. Those lines after the correction are near straight!

edit: not sure if Dr. Danziger is badass or creeper

SicKisH

Recruiter

10-09-2009

I never lost faith in you Zileas.

Friend

The Council

10-09-2009

Looks awesome. Hopefully it plays out the way as prettily as it looks on paper. =p

Corvus Corax

10-09-2009

Quote:
Zileas:
1) As we all know, blue team has a bit of an advantage right now. We are going to do some steps to reduce this advantage, but we will be matching around this detail for the time being.

Just wondering, could it be because the blue team is filled first with players, before the red team. Since ratings requirements are becoming less optimal with the passing time in the queue, this could make blue team vs red team ratings tend to be balanced vs unbalanced. (If this is so, map being assymetrical may not be the reason)

Great to see you people strive for perfection in matchmaking system. This gives hope to me that "Draw"ing option Im suggesting in this thread could be considered too.

http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=16551

PiousFlea

The Council

10-09-2009

Very cool stuff! Good to see some data - although I am a bit curious, do you keep separate data sets for model training and validation?

Rewind

10-09-2009

Awesome news

modrus

10-09-2009

Awsome job keep up the good work!

I'm not totally secure how that data is totally valid. I mean it's not real data. did you used simulation models?

Sumidor

Recruiter

10-09-2009

Quote:
modrus:
Awsome job keep up the good work!

I'm not totally secure how that data is totally valid. I mean it's not real data. did you used simulation models?

It is real data, when he applied it though his new model the system recalculates the expected win % etc...