Matchmaking Improvements Update

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meta

10-09-2009

Attachment 3993
Does he look this creepy IRL?

Bianary

10-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumidor View Post
How come being blue team has an advantage I never noticed the difference
Nobody knows for sure, but a combination of HUD obscuring where the purple team has to attack during early laning and the layout of the jungles could be involved.

Poet

10-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta View Post
Attachment 3993
Does he look this creepy IRL?
I'm telling you, color that dude purple. Give him a long funky beard, and make him hold a giant spell book. Presto, u got a RL ryze.

Sumidor

10-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
Nobody knows for sure, but a combination of HUD obscuring where the purple team has to attack during early laning and the layout of the jungles could be involved.
The only thing that comes to my mind is dragon being closer to blue than purple. Even though the distance is negligible purple might subconsciously feel less safe in taking him out. While blue team might be more inclined to kill him since he is on their side.

Nashor on the other hand is killed so rarely i find that it probably doesnt make a difference

Bianary

10-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumidor View Post
The only thing that comes to my mind is dragon being closer to blue than purple. Even though the distance is negligible purple might subconsciously feel less safe in taking him out. While blue team might be more inclined to kill him since he is on their side.

Nashor on the other hand is killed so rarely i find that it probably doesnt make a difference
Blue can also flash into their own jungle from a failed dragon, while purple can only escape out to the neutral river.

But yeah, nobody really knows for sure. We'd need a fully mirrored map to play on for a while to see if the advantage went away. It could also be something like how the creeps move or other oddities in pathing.

Mzum

10-09-2009

Fascinating stuff Riot. Keep up the good work.

Smolder

10-09-2009

Yeah this really is fascinating. I love seeing this kind of behind the scene stuff, especially the graphs. The blue team mystery is really interesting, I can't wait to find out what is causing it.

Edit: Does Dan Zinger actually work out the equations, or does he just death gaze them into submission?

Surgery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2009

Very interesting. I can't wait to see the practical change this will have on the system. Keep at it, Riot.

Thrillhouse

10-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
yes, we treat blue team as having a certain amount of advantage and match around it.
So basically if you are on the blue team you know you are technically an underdog.

That will be good to know.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

10-09-2009
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
So basically if you are on the blue team you know you are technically an underdog.

That will be good to know.
not necessarily, but it will more often than not be the case. Most matches are within a few % of 50% win, and the influence of being blue is very small -- so you might be an "underdog" by a few %.

wont go in to the game for a while.

1234567 ... 11