Matchmaking Improvements Update

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

11-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismostune View Post
Matchmaking allowed me to lose 9 times in a row or something and I just started recently. Kept getting put against a group of kids that play too much and get stomped. I'm most likely not buying this and going back to dota. I lose too often for a game that won't let me choose what game I want to go in. I'll buy the game one day with it has many more fixes maybe. Atleast dota has a WC3 engine to support it.
The reason Riot developed LOL is because the WC3 engine is so limiting to this game style. Most of the DOTA development is ducttaping code to work where it shouldn't.

This game is free to play, so you don't have to pay until you feel ready to.

You can create a practice game with friends and bots to get used to heroes and play the games you want. 10 friends = 1 good game.

Apokalupsis

11-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismostune View Post
Matchmaking allowed me to lose 9 times in a row or something and I just started recently. Kept getting put against a group of kids that play too much and get stomped. I'm most likely not buying this and going back to dota. I lose too often for a game that won't let me choose what game I want to go in. I'll buy the game one day with it has many more fixes maybe. Atleast dota has a WC3 engine to support it.
I bought the CE. I regret doing so prematurely.

Lorx

11-26-2009

Then unfortunately for you, you dug your own grave. If you want the right to complain over having a grave, you have to not be the one who dug it.

Sweet job Riot Staff, nice to see you guys taking an interest in really polishing the back-end of the game. Really happy to see this from a free game, keep up the awesome

aliciamonkeys

12-25-2009

haha. are you guys using R. my favourite statistics program of all time.

DarkVizard

Banned

01-03-2010

yay

Lord Thanatos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2010

You know what you should really really do.
If I have some users on my IGNORE list, then I should NEVER be paired with them in the same team.
I mean, if I ignored that user, I must have a reason right ...
So, please make this adjustment as soon as possible

shedi

08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Thanatos View Post
You know what you should really really do.
If I have some users on my IGNORE list, then I should NEVER be paired with them in the same team.
I mean, if I ignored that user, I must have a reason right ...
So, please make this adjustment as soon as possible
Support.
I h8 to play ranked games cuz i ALWAYS have a leaver in my team or enemys team. Ima wrightin reports, ignoring them BUT, then i pushin "PLAY AGAIN" and SRSLY i do it again, same feeders and leavers.
And btw i hate kids who always says " NOOB TEAM" (he has 0-7-1 scores) every min.

shedi

08-13-2010

Bump

Blaithe

10-20-2011

So I know this is an old thread but I personally wonder if you compensated for outliers in average data or sampling error. And I'm sure there has to be plenty of confounding variables such as: How many of these games are tournament games, what if some the data used in the sample was from people who intentionally ruined the game (I'm sure there's plenty of points like that).

I think to perfect such a matchmaking system would require constant tuneups and monitoring of spreadsheet averages and what not.

LoveSparkle

07-18-2013

I found a green post.

Also, hey Riot, excuse this like 4 year necro but how does the MMR system work NOW?!