Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Yi Backdooring?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreadgoat54321

01-04-2012

Move speed matters, that way you can hit there tower and run if they come for you.

Also take tele, that way if you see some minions near a foes turret and they are someone else you can tele in and take the tower.

Dancing Kirby

01-04-2012

I use to play zombie yi and have a blast. Make sure to have 3 -5 time spent dead quints, and the masteries maxed out for time spent dead. Then at lvl 11 (when you get 2nd lvl ult) you do nothing but suicide into turrets doing all the dmg you can possibly do. You wont be feeding unless enemy gets a hit off on you before turret kills you. With low cd on death, you spend anywhere from 20-40 seconds dead depending on your level.

Most people think it is a joke and ignore you until it is to late. I often go 7 turrets in before enemy realizes they have to pay attention to me. You then force enemy to guard each tower, making team fights 4 on your side, vs 3 on their side. With you not doing much leveling or team fighting, all your teammates will out level the enemy.

Try it and let me know how you like it =)

Methesda

01-04-2012

Quote:
Desgami:
How would you transition into backdooring from the laning phase?

The key thing about backdooring imo is wards on opposition side.

The weaknesses of backdooring are:

1) You running into a trap and dying.

2) The full enemy team attacking you team for a 5 vs 4.

Warding helps to prevent these things happening.

The Drippy Sink

Recruiter

01-05-2012

PD, Cleaver, Zerk's, Youmuu's, Stark's (Recurve Bow)

Ghost/Cleanse

This is the route I go when I build Yi to BD. The AS on Cleaver benefits you more than the bit of Ad you're missing on IE, and it's hella cheaper.

Tower-pushing has different DPS priorities than teamfighting. You can focus more on AS instead of AD and make insanely quick work of the towers because a tower isn't going to run away. It's stationary, so it suffers the full extent of your actual Damage Per Second.

I run Ghost and Cleanse because they're utility spells that allow you to escape bad situations, or can be used in an offensive manner if needed.

Youmuu's is a must for the active as it can make the difference in an escape and a death, or whether you kill a tower or die to it.

With BD Yi, I tend to run the defensive mastery tree and just focus on farming Greaves, Zeal, and a BF Sword early game. Movespeed, Attack Speed, and Damage. Then focus on Ghostblade and finishing Cleaver. Dancer and Stark's next. Defensive runes during the laning phase are also great, and if you're going all-out BD focus, run AD Marks and AD or Movespeed Quints.

Of course, that's all optimal order for an optimal game. Switch around to whatever you can/need to acquire depending on how your lane is going. Hope it helps.

The best part of the build is that you can still use it to pvp.

And as Methesda said, when you see an opportunity building to split-push or BD a lane, buy some wards and set them up in the enemy jungle in advance. It'll make all the difference in the world.

Rakaydos

01-05-2012

Would 21 offence be more important, for the damage boosts, or 0/15/15 for both movespeed masteries?

15/15 gives you spellvamp as well, which with alpha strike is actually noticable.

Extallion

01-05-2012

Yi is best backdoorer no doubt about that.
I use Flat armour seals
Flat magic resist glyphs
4 ar pen marks
5 attack damage marks
2 armor pen quints
1 attack damage quint

Best summoner spells(Cleanse+exhaust)
Cleanse will make sure you cant be cced
My item build will be
Merc treads(Magic resist+tenacity is yis best friend)
Wriggles(Mostly first item I get after boots of speed)
Phantom dancer
Blood thirster
IE
Frozen mallet

This setup will give me best stats in any condition, you will have above 80 armour and magic resistance.
You can backdoor, cleanse cc and run away like a badass boss.

Edit, in my opinion you dont need move speed masteries since you have 80% move speed from ultimate, from my setup i can take out tower without ultimate and save it for escape, they can use all their cc on you but you will still run away with Ultimate+cleanse

Methesda

01-05-2012

I'm not sure about taking Cleanse. I think you could take almost anything else, and that would benefit you more in the long run when you have also picked up QSS which is rediculously cheap considering it's a better version of the summoner spell (MR plus better CD)