Yi Backdooring?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D3D

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2012

i love jungle yi but i also love yi for his move speed plus if your team always loses teamfights to the other team you could build a backdoor yi for backdoor yi i usually buy

boots of mobility
2x phantom dancers ive a lot of move speed and you have boots of mobility
sword of divine -the passive and attack speed plus your passive
warmogs - for tanking the tower if tower is on low health but no minions around

3 more good choices would be

ghostblade, wriggles lantern because it gives free wards and if you have teleport you can teleport right next to the base and destroy it and blacke cleaver because of attack damage, attack speed, armor penetration

i really like move speed makes backdooring so much easier because if someones arrives i just run away then they leave and just come back and start attacking their towers

Bossob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desgami View Post
I think most people agree that Yi is the best backdoorer. I'm interested in a new way to play the game, IE relentless backdooring. What I'm wondering is, how would you build your ideal backdooring Yi. Not troll backdooring. I'm talking legit viable backdoor Yi.

edit: What items/masteries/runes/summoners would you use? Would you start in the jungle so that you can farm and get to undefended lanes easier in the early game?

Personally I think Teleport is an obvious choice, probably Youmuu's for the active. Bloodthirster might not be good because you'll die a lot. Boots of Mobility seems good too, and obviously Phantom Dancers.
I'm pretty sure that Sivir is the best backdoorer hands down. But yeah, don't go any stacking items if you're going to die instantly. Other than that, it really depends on what you're looking for. An AP Yi is capable of killing every single minion in an entire **** wave of enemy minions, making it extremely easy for you're minions to push up. An AD Yi on the other hand, is capable of taking towers really quickly. So, its kinda situational. Boots of Mobility are probably not needed unless you want to run up and tank the tower (since no matter how fast you are, your minions are still going to be the same speed) so go for berserker greaves instead (your teleport should give you all the mobility you need). Other than that, go with what the people above me said.

bman3k

01-03-2012

Wouldn't recurve bows or starks be better than PD's? PD gives lots of AS and some MS but the crit is wasted since you can't crit buildings.

Desgami

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman3k View Post
Wouldn't recurve bows or starks be better than PD's? PD gives lots of AS and some MS but the crit is wasted since you can't crit buildings.
I think the movespeed is really important. Getting in/out intact if possible is really important. You want to give the enemy team the least warning before you start beating on their turret.

Pig Magus

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman3k View Post
The movespeed is the important part, you get tons of attack speed off of the Sword of the Divine that tends to be built on BD Yis.

Deepblackice

01-03-2012

Phantom dancer and Infinity edge is what your aiming for...maybe cooldown reduction

Chingmeister

01-04-2012

You can't crit or armorpen a tower.

So BF swords, 40% AS bows, boots, and probably a lantern or chalice for laning or jungling prior to BDing.

NavyDivea

01-04-2012

jungle may be Wriggles>zerkers>PD>Glacial>BT>PD>FH

I like glacial because its cheap and it helps me get back wuju quicker, the extra mana doesnt hurt ether.

areid2

01-04-2012

Use surge instead of smite to jungle. The bonus attack speed benefits you more than most because of passive and smite barely increases your jungle. Surge however will greatly benefit your abilty to backdoor.

Yi is not a great ganker and it's often more effective to either keep jungling or just take over injured allies lanes until they get back. (unless they really stupid about their health)

Also don't forget to get at least 1 of the tower killing masteries.

NavyDivea

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by areid2 View Post
Use surge instead of smite to jungle. The bonus attack speed benefits you more than most because of passive and smite barely increases your jungle. Surge however will greatly benefit your abilty to backdoor.

Yi is not a great ganker and it's often more effective to either keep jungling or just take over injured allies lanes until they get back. (unless they really stupid about their health)

Also don't forget to get at least 1 of the tower killing masteries.
I dont know about not getting smite, it can help you steal buffs when you counter jungle. On the other hand if you took surge/ignite almost any other jungler will drop dead to you with out to much trouble.