The Movie Scene Game Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

01-03-2012

The premise of the game is simple.

A poster describes an iconic scene from a movie, removing as many identifying descriptions as possible. The scene must be unique and specific enough that it could not describe a scene from another movie (e.g., "The main character is driving a car away from the police, then gets into an accident but keeps driving" would be a terrible description). Then, everyone else gets to guess the movie. The correct guesser gets to describe another scene, from a different movie, and so on.

For example,

Poster 1:
A member of a small, elite special ops unit stops and turns around on a log while the rest of his team makes its way through the jungle. He tears off his shirt, brandishes his machete, and scratches his chest to draw blood. He issues a challenge to his unseen enemy, sacrificing himself so his team can escape.

Poster 2:
Navy Seals

Poster 3:
Predator

Poster 1:
Predator is correct

[now it's poster 3's turn to give a description of a scene from a movie]
----------------------------

I'll start:

Two women, a blonde and brunette are lying in bed. One of them repeatedly says "I'm so in love with you." The other remains silent. In the morning, the brunette has disappeared and the blonde, in a panic, gets out of bed, picks up a blue box and her world literally crashes down around her.

Kryptix

01-03-2012

I have no idea. Let's go with V for Vendetta.

Dobagoh

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptix View Post
I have no idea. Let's go with V for Vendetta.
Nope, it's an older movie than V for Vendetta

Jesus the Friend

01-03-2012

How about that scene where some guys are posting something pointless and boring on a MOBA forum?

That's a pretty epic scene.

Dobagoh

01-03-2012

I tried, but apparently people in this OT don't watch movies.