Shen + Z-Hourglass question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaSilentWhisperz

01-02-2012

I know AP shen isn't played or loved to often, and many play him as pure tank (or jungle sometimes) if anything.

But I am curious, if you have z-hourglass on shen, and you ult in, taunt, and use it

Do the people you taunt stand there mindlessly doing nothing, or does the taunt automatically wear off?

DaSilentWhisperz

01-02-2012

Hmm, noone knows or is it not worth the time to answer? ^^

Intsikandy

01-02-2012

Shen's ultimate is a channel, Zhonya's hourglass cancels channels, Zhonya's hourglass would cancel it. You can test it out in a custom game though if you're skeptical.

Zionixia

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intsikandy View Post
Shen's ultimate is a channel, Zhonya's hourglass cancels channels, Zhonya's hourglass would cancel it. You can test it out in a custom game though if you're skeptical.
The question is asking about Shen's TAUNT, not his ultimate. I'm actually gonna test this out in a game, as I'm curious.

All right, so I tried it, and it went exactly as I figured it would. The Zhonya's did cancel the taunt, though the units DID display an interesting reaction. After I popped the hourglass, the minions + Annie Bot all paused, the taunt effect still hovering over their heads. While the taunt effect remained visible over their heads, they went to auto-attacking the minions around. Following this the taunt effect disappeared, and Annie Bot retreated. I'm not sure if someone can command a champion during that period when the visible effect is still present.

Luthien Kess

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionixia View Post
The question is asking about Shen's TAUNT, not his ultimate. I'm actually gonna test this out in a game, as I'm curious.

All right, so I tried it, and it went exactly as I figured it would. The Zhonya's did cancel the taunt, though the units DID display an interesting reaction. After I popped the hourglass, the minions + Annie Bot all paused, the taunt effect still hovering over their heads. While the taunt effect remained visible over their heads, they went to auto-attacking the minions around. Following this the taunt effect disappeared, and Annie Bot retreated. I'm not sure if someone can command a champion during that period when the visible effect is still present.
I don't want to totally discredit you, mainly because you actually did the experiment, but bots don't respond to taunts correctly anyways. Minions may react that way, but I wouldn't guarantee that champions react that way.

That said, I imagine it'd be the same way as if you taunted them as you dashed into a bush. They walk to the place you were last seen, and then wait until the taunt ends before control is restored. If you come into vision again they attack, otherwise it basically works as a mini-lure into a stun.