In Recent Days... (vaguely important, please read)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ozlin

01-02-2012

Alright everyone. Another protest into the matter involving iXenomorph. If it so pleases you, simply skip over everything and read the final paragraph as that contains my point.

So mature content has not been, at all, warned against as far as I can tell. But apparently the thread asking about whether it is or not was, itself too racy for Riot to keep on their forum.

With no official response into the matter a certain ‘R-rated’ edition was posted on this very forum but it too was removed. I’m not saying that it should have been posted in a public forum but it is really the user being banned for such a thing is the ‘crime’ here.

I should point out that the very same user posted a harmless thread asking for feedback and what the readers might want to hear from in the future. Mostly, the feedback was positive as the writing in particular was quite articulate. We wished to see more and we even nudged towards a cleaner and less ‘smut’ driven story. This too was removed at the same time the other two had been torn down.

Now here comes the more interesting part. A good fellow (I am sorry I don’t recall who started the first thread, nor do I want to unrightfully point him/her out) posted- asking why it had been torn down while several people gave their own two cents about the issue. But alas this was removed likely because it either was directly involved with iXenomorph or that it contained the phrase ‘erotica’.

The next thread, created by myself, was made on iXenomorph’s behalf and was updated at his behest. I needed to do this, rather than iXenomorph because he was banned for his activity in addition to having it removed. I went on to post several edits/updates about how to find his removed chapter else ware on the net as well as the future works to come.

But despite the generally positive response and, in some cases, warming support from his fellows, Riot ripped down that thread as well. I mean I get it, they don’t want to be connected in any way to anything a person (and especially their parents) might flip tables over. More things than this story have been dismantled by disgruntled mothers afraid for their child’s innocence/lives. Does anyone remember the scare Dungeons and Dragons caused? Crazy…

Anyhow- readers please up vote this post if you support the idea that iXenomorph should be given the right to post once more. I am given to understand that he accepts that what he had posted was unacceptable even if it had never previously been stated. Any and all features including mature content will be handled by a third party site.

(P.S. since Riot took down my first posts go here for iXenomorph’s fanfiction.net http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3580223/ to see the offending post)

(P.S.S. for those of you who made their way here from deviant art, bless your face)

(P.S.S.S. If Riot banhammers me, see you all never)

belthazor3457

01-02-2012

Rights of company: To remove posts or ban people at any time for any reason.

Fairness: When someone is a non-malicious player of the game who does nothing to harm the community, if they do something offensive, at least present a warning first - especially if they go out of their way to ask if something is offensive prior to doing it. This presents a situation of blunt clarity that the actions and intentions are non-malicious and have an intent to conform to the rules. When a situation comes up that the rules do not specify, non-malicious party presents an inquiry.

Result: Ban seems like an inappropriate means of handling the situation, unless I'm about to be told that the offending party was sent some sort of contact or message as a warning prior. To be fair, this is information which I lack, and therefor renders me unable to judge.

Ozlin

01-02-2012

i appreciate your highly intelligent response

Jaykoboy

01-02-2012

Although I don't approve of his...style of writing, I do believe that, since he wasn't warned in the thread he posted first asking if it was alright, he shouldn't have been banned. I think they should relieve the ban, with the very stern warning and lesson that he should not post that again.

Ozlin

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
Although I don't approve of his...style of writing, I do believe that, since he wasn't warned in the thread he posted first asking if it was alright, he shouldn't have been banned. I think they should relieve the ban, with the very stern warning and lesson that he should not post that again.
Thanks, and very good point.

Kapucino

01-06-2012

With my real name being Chantelle I felt quite disturbed to skim through that story to find out why Riot removed it. I mean seriously, I've read a romance fiction book before, real books don't write like that, not even when it comes to the book's "climax" of the sexual content.. it was a little bit unsettling. They should have removed it, yes, but banning the user?

Has Xenomorph given the details of said ban? Because there are several types. You can be banned from the forum but not from League of Legends. It could be a temporary ban also. With so little detail about his ban I can't even tell if it was appropiate or not.

One thing is for sure though, banning people from the forum is usually only utilized to prevent trolls from reposting and remaking troll threads as they always do. If they had warned the guy about it in the first place he probably would have agreed to not post it (or the link) here ever. On the contrary, alot of staff are still on their Christmas holidays, this is why Viktor was put in with the Ahri patch and released at a later date with the push of a button and little to no staff attention on the forum's questions. It could be that there was a forum moderator who thought banning was the only way to deal with it quickly and effectively without wasting time waiting for an answer from other Reds, so we can't just blame one side of the party completely if all he was doing was being safe with the rules.

Cerubois

01-06-2012

For those who haven't seen yet, I did inquire on the GD forum about Riot's stance on such matters, after this whole... catastrophe. I was wondering about it myself, and many people wanted a specific guideline, so I went ahead and forced out an answer.

Here's the thread:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=19349503&posted=1#post19349503

So, direct from a Riot ambassador, try to keep everything pg-13 rated from now on.

Ozlin

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
For those who haven't seen yet, I did inquire on the GD forum about Riot's stance on such matters, after this whole... catastrophe. I was wondering about it myself, and many people wanted a specific guideline, so I went ahead and forced out an answer.

Here's the thread:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=19349503&posted=1#post19349503

So, direct from a Riot ambassador, try to keep everything pg-13 rated from now on.
A very hearty thanks to you, sir. If only they answered the first thread...
Thanks again