Blitz, which way to gooo.....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RIckster

10-09-2009

ok seriosuly, i played pudge like a addiction in dota, but i cant bring myself around to play blitz ever ever, and when i do, im dumbfounded at items builds...seriously i dont think i have ever played a game with blitz where i had the same items twice...lol...

what do you all use? how do you play him? assasin? tank? hes def not a carry or pusher...

runes?

Vindico Atrum

10-09-2009

Go full on damage, sheen is a must, don't upgrade it though. Frozen mallet keeps them in your range, then last whisper and a load of damage/atkspd.

regfox

10-09-2009

Go for sheen as early as possible, it will give you enough burst to get some early game kills, which is where blitz really shines as an assassin. After sheen I usually get Boots of Swiftness then Frozen mallet and Last Whisper.

I usually play him as an assassin/ganker in the early game but in the late game I try to roll around with my team and initiate fights with a rocket grab, which will either catch the opposing team off guard or they'll simply let their team mate get killed.

When it comes to runes I use crit chance and health per lvl. But I've heard that you can be successful with whatever rune build you take.

EchoRex

10-09-2009

Chalice
Greaves/Swiftness
Sheen => Lich Bane
Force of Nature or Warden's (opposition dependent)
Mallet
Last Whisper

Crit stacking can also work with him very well, especially with a Sheen, Phage then grabbing a Trinity Force.

In late game he is a rather superb chaser, especially if you're toting around a Boots of Swiftness with Lichbane and Force of Nature.

Phlimsy

10-09-2009

i had partial success in building as a tank with cooldown reduction, can still get the powerfist to 3 second cooldown, and when they spend 1 second in the air you can keep them from doing anything meaningful for, well, forever. not a lot of damage behind the punch but it is a reliable "in the fray" crowd control

RIckster

10-09-2009

ya...i can see either going tank/cc or assasin

i just went a game with

boots of swift
trinity
impaler
impaler i think thats the name..with armor and crit

sittin at around 50+crit armor and 2.5k health, not to bad i suppose.