Increase passive Gold gain, decrease gold for kills

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

01-02-2012

You want more skirmishes in Classic, you need to decrease the punishment for death.

At the moment, you get 300 gold for a kill (assuming they aren't on any kill spree), but you can make another 200-400 gold ahead of your enemy in the time they're away from lane (approx. 180-210 gold per wave of minions, that's gold you get and your enemy misses). This is effectively double the advertised reward for a kill.

This is too much of an advantage to the enemy for dying; the punishment for death is too great to warrant high risk play. Similar to Dominion, although not as extreme, increase the passive gold gain (currently 13 per 10 seconds) and then decrease the gold from kills.

Possibly even change the reward for kills. Say, for example: you gain minimal gold for the kill (only 50-200), but gain a buff for 60 seconds which increases gold income from all sources. "Spoils of War: You gain 50% increased gold and experience from minions, monsters and champion kills/assists. Additionally, you gain +13 gold per 10 seconds." Thus, the advantage you gain from killing an enemy comes from denial rather than freebies. Even if it's only 150 gold per kill, 50% increased gold gain means that 180-210 gold from the minion wave is now 270-305. And then 78 bonus gold generated over the 60 seconds. Not including the base minion gold: you get 323 gold per kill (not including killing spree bonus). And this can be improved if you're a good pusher (clearing multiple waves), but the enemy can counter this by using Teleport.

The numbers could be fiddled with.

*shrugs*

ChaoticOrder

01-02-2012

Did you do your own math there?
Going by your own numbers if you kill a champ you get 300+600 from minions (I don't know where you got that number from in the laning phase)
So by you're own math you get 200 for killing them and then 50% increased gold AND EXPERIENCE from minions, monsters and champion kills/assists and you get more gold per 10?
So 200 for the kill, then farm 600+50%=900 so you get 1100 gold + doubling your gold over time?
Or the 300 gold for the kill and your amazing 600 gold from minions you get the 900 and normal gold over time.

Just no. They lowered max gold gain from killing people on a killing spree from 1000 to 500 not to long ago. Leave the math to the guys that have been playing and working on this game for years and stop complaining about not having enough gold.

Kazfiel

01-02-2012

QQ I die too much. Fix it so I don't lag behind for dieing a lot.

Don't die. Problem solved.

3mptylord

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticOrder View Post
...and stop complaining about not having enough gold.
Ummm, I'm not complaining about not having enough gold. I'm complaining about having too much gold.

One minion wave is 20-30 per head, 6-7 in a wave. 180-210 gold per wave. Sorry, 300 was a stretch. I was being generous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazfiel View Post
Don't die. Problem solved.
I don't die... well, that's a lie. I don't die unnecessarily. I'd say my kdr is appropriate. I have no issue with Defence vs Defence play. I'm merely reading up on a lot of the reasoning behind a lot of recent gameplay changes, including in the jungle and the removal of dodge. They want to encourage Offence vs Offence. And whilst succeeding pays off, losing is too punishing. Thus, people will inevitably prefer defensive play.

LE3T

01-02-2012

not losing any gold in death is reward in itself

Relevon

01-02-2012

Why should players get more gold for doing nothing?

When I mid lux I constantly spam jungle bringing in an extra 100 gold every 3 mins. It's up to the player to develop his/her skills in the game.

In my opinion first blood should give an extra 250 gold like Dota

Omicron Austin

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mptylord View Post
the punishment for death is too great to warrant high risk play.
OR...the reward for kills is great enough to warrant high risk play.

Powerstoned

01-02-2012

There has to be a reward for last hitting, especially if you're melee, and getting/risking attacks from the enemy.

Part of the balance and diversity of the champs, is giving some aoe ability to clear waves, and make big cash for items... i.e. Karthus, and some simply are the worst last hitters, and they probably should be. i.e. Rammus

Chauzuvoy

01-02-2012

I can understand your thought here, but there's a fundamental problem: Reducing the death penalty also reduces the reward for kills. Honestly, LoL is already a lot more lenient to deaths than most other games of the genre, because you don't lose banked gold on death. But by reducing the potential risk, you're also reducing the potential reward, and therefore removing the incentive to take that risk in the first place. You're not solving the problem, just moving it around, and making it less satisfying when that risk works out in your favor.