Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Happy Holidays in Runeterra

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DFxKazuto

01-02-2012

Seasons Greetings everybody!

A Creative topic had come to my mind, albeit a little late one. But, how do you think our League Champions, or perhaps the severals denizens of Runeterra would spend their Merry Holidays?

Would Morgana bake up some Gingerbread Cookies? Or perhaps Gragas would don a Santa suit? Or maybe Mundo?

What would the yordles be up to? How would they spend their Christmas? Would Noxus still be in the dark state that it is, or maybe they too celebrate the festivities of cheer and happiness.

Birdy51

01-02-2012

Noxus doesn't seem like it would be too celebratory, but more reflective this year. They only fairly recently lost Darkwill as their leader. I am sure this year they would be much more likely to gather in small groups, looking back upon the year. The Du Couteau's still don't have their father. LeBlanc and Swain are very near their goal. Urgot and Sion lost the man who was their leader in both death and life.

I'm certain that this year's Snowdown was relatively silent to say the least, passing like a breath in the wind.

1Eredale

01-02-2012

Season's Greetings to you as well, fellow summoner.

Indeed, the grand two city-states of the now had the quietest Snowdown in ages - on the edge of a full-blown conflict, and following the incident at Kalamanda, they didn't exactly have the greatest moods for celebration, especially with flocking refugees. Both states have certainly received long-winded speeches from their leaders (or temporary governments, in the Noxian case).

My personal ranking of places to be on this year's Snowdown would consist of neutral city-states. The Towns of Progress, Zaun and Piltover, doubtlessly enjoyed a huge amount of festivities, especially the latter one - Piltover would be second on my list. Though, I've received a card from one of my... long-term acquaitances, who studies at Zaun's Magical Academy, and they've apparently had quite a blast as well - it seems that they have requisitioned magic of the highest class to clear up the smog dome over the town to see the starry skies at least once in this year.

Regarding Bandle City and Bilgewater, I cannot say much - yordle holidays are an amazing sight, but one bit too upwinded, random, and exhausting for us tall folk. The same goes for Bilgewater pretty much - unless one is used to strong drinks and drunken brawls, it's doubtful that they remained standing when it dawned. Those places were a... specific holiday experience to say the least.

As for my favorite, that'd be Ionia - the only nation who has pleasant memories of the year to recall, they've held some larger ceremonies and festivals all round the provinces. One of the most notable events was the Bells Ceremony - each temple rang their main bell a certain amount of times - seventy-seven for small temples, eighty-eight for the major monasteries, such as Hirana, Shojin and others, and one hundred for the Placidium's bell. That ceremony honored the memory of seven years of Noxian occupation; during that time, all men and women of Ionia kept silent as the chimes filled the entire landscape. Some say that the radiant bell sounds were heard far away, in the seas, or even at the eastern shores of Valoran, by Noxian fishermen. But, while I could describe Ionian traditions over and over, you would get the point - that'd be first on my list.

And despite the fact that I no longer stay on Valoran as often as before, there certainly were some great places out there to enjoy the holiday cheer. We saw dramatic, tragic, violent events this years, but also happy, pleasant, and enjoyable ones - and just as Baron Nashor's construct dons his holiday hat, I wish you all happy holidays.

Eredale, former Summoner.

belthazor3457

01-02-2012

According to the december JoJ's, Snowdown is normally used as a "treaty time" for the various city states and as a time for festivity for the survival of another year - but the reason for this is because it is nigh-impossible to wage war in the depths of winter because of how incredibly brutal valoran winters are. Valoran is a continent located entirely in the planet's northern hemisphere, with the northern pole being in freljord, so all the areas north of the great barrier probably suffer from near-incapacitation for wartime military movements on any large scale. It's also mentioned in the JoJ that it's not unheard of for all city-states to lose thousands of people (each) to blizzards each year.

Snowdown is basically an envorinmental mandate of peace, thus there isn't much else to do but celebrate the fact that you're still alive, given the circumstances. Noxus is probably fairly festive, so is Demacia, and the other city-states. Pitlover and Zaun are probably taking the time to showcase their latest and greatest (and most expensive) winter-defense technology, bandle city is probably also jumping on that bandwagon.

Snowdown's probably going on as it would in any other year, albeit with a few more deaths than usual due to the refugees.

...and yes, Morgana made gingerbread cookies.

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

01-02-2012

Okay, here's what happened. Morgana was making gingerbread cookies in her Sinful Succulence Institute of War location, when Pantheon walked in. He told her of his dream to become a baker. Morgana would have normally just blown him off (MINDS OUT OF THE GUTTER), but since it's Christmas, she allowed him to help and learn what she was doing. Thanks to Pantheon, it took twice as long as it should have, but the job got done, with Morgana and Pantheon growing slightly closer. The cookies came out perfectly, which strengthened their relationship that much more. As the pair plated the cookies and began to walk them out to the front of her shop, Pantheon got cheeky. He had hung some mistletoe over the door before he walked to the back, and he stopped Morgana and pointed it out.

???

Cass is maid of honor, Leona is best man. Also, we desperately need more champions from Mount Targon.