Load screen (few suggestions)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zillerz

01-01-2012

1. How about a more accurate loading screen? My friend sees everyone finished and for me they're like 50 60 70, etc...

2. It would be best if after you load you get into the game right away and dont have to wait for anyone. That way you will be able to chat right away but to make everything fair, make restrictions. For example, dont allow to go in the store because it will give an edge to the person who loaded faster.

It is also good to give everyone after they all loaded 3 seconds to ready up and then everyone can move.

3. What also can be done is like Warcraft 3 bot hosts when everyone loads and goes into the map the bot says who loaded the fastest and what time and also who loaded the last.
Example
Zillerz loaded first with a time of ##:##!
PLAYER loaded last with a time of ##:##!

Zillerz

01-04-2012

Bump what does every1 think about this?

Zillerz

01-13-2012

bump

Zillerz

01-14-2012

bump

Heroes100

01-14-2012

1. Why would it matter if you see who is at what %, they will all still load at the same speed.

2. The three seconds of delay seems like a decent idea, but loading into the map earlier just to chat seems redundant, since you can't read or talk unless you've finished loading, in which case the game will begin.

3. (i have no opinion)

Zillerz

01-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroes100 View Post
1. Why would it matter if you see who is at what %, they will all still load at the same speed.

2. The three seconds of delay seems like a decent idea, but loading into the map earlier just to chat seems redundant, since you can't read or talk unless you've finished loading, in which case the game will begin.

3. (i have no opinion)
1. So you see how much time you really have to do something. Happened to me many times, the guy was at 0% and every1 else was at like 40% i just ran downstairs to get a drink (literally took like 20 seconds) and we were like 40 seconds into the game.

3. It's just a concept idea cuz sometimes its fun to like know how fast you loaded.

BeefAngus

01-27-2012

this is a great idea!

Zillerz

05-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by x413Kx View Post
this is a great idea!
Thanks

Venova

05-23-2012

it is a bit annoying when load times are so long for people sometimes; perhaps allow chat on the loading screen? or at least; for example, clicking on champion pictures to see what skills that champion has (don't have to have the nice videos and everything, just the icon, with the name and the description on mouseover; it could all fit within the champion picture - this way newer players would have some better idea how to counter their enemies or what to watch out for if their playing against a champion they are not familure with, and the same goes for their teammates, so they know what an unfamilure champion teammate can do, so they can make better choices ingame

Zillerz

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venova View Post
it is a bit annoying when load times are so long for people sometimes; perhaps allow chat on the loading screen? or at least; for example, clicking on champion pictures to see what skills that champion has (don't have to have the nice videos and everything, just the icon, with the name and the description on mouseover; it could all fit within the champion picture - this way newer players would have some better idea how to counter their enemies or what to watch out for if their playing against a champion they are not familure with, and the same goes for their teammates, so they know what an unfamilure champion teammate can do, so they can make better choices ingame
Yes, Chatting in loading screen would also come in handy.
few pros n cons that i thought out of em in a few seconds
PROS: people talk to eachother, GLHF, etc
CONS: "omg he has a wooden PC!"

But it would add more Fun to the game in my opinon