Particle Animations and Such

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippoopoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-01-2012

Riot, is there a way that you can make a modification or something to the menu so that we can turn the animations on or off? While my computer handle SR extremely well, i always lag out of Dominion due to the unnecessary amount of animations going on at once. It would really be beneficiary to all players and wouldn't impede anyone's games. It would only help really, so i don't see any downside to this, other than people not being able to see how hard your developers worked on the map. However that is already taken away from by the options you already have for turning of shadow particles and some particle effects.

Generalization of the text for those who are too lazy to read the text: Make an on/off switch for animations in Dominion

FDru

01-02-2012

How about you quit playing LoL on a microwave oven?

Oozra

01-02-2012

but ... he said he was baking me a cake ...

is the cake a lie ????

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2012

Dominion got performance issues, if you notice them or not is not relevant so dont be an ******* about it. More customizations on what can be turned off and on would reduce the number of "afkers" at the start of a match by a lot.

Tbh, the worst offenders are the stupid tips that pop up.

Zzym

01-02-2012

the three boxes at the start ? god i hate those ...

Taenaryn

01-02-2012

Agreed. I do fine, but if it stops or reduces AFKers, I would much rather have someone be able to flip a switch and eliminate the AFK.

NORMtheSTORM

01-12-2012

Well however crude the comment was you do need to upgrade your computer. If you looked at minimum requirements for the game you would find that you need to either upgrade your comp, clean it out (clean reformat), or last but not least monitor your gpu's heat isn't too high because some gpu's will begin to under-clock themselves to lessen the heat. my computer is 9 years old and i get 55 fps. So if yours is getting less I would make the assumption that yours is older. 10 fps or less on sr or dominion is affecting your game play heavily and at that hurting the possible game your teammates might have.

Ascleph

01-12-2012

Or they can solve the known performance issues dominion has and its an instant improvement for everyone

Hugs From Momma

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascleph View Post
Or they can solve the known performance issues dominion has and its an instant improvement for everyone
Didn't know there were known performance issues (outside of the vanishing cursor). What machine are you running on?

Ascleph

01-12-2012

Its only noticeable for people in low spec machines, but if you pay attention there are random fps drops, specially when the game starts. It was way more noticeable when dominion was new, since people didnt have issues in SR at all, there were quite a lot of threads about it.

An easier way to notice the problem is: The "afkers" that come back after problems in the loading screen. No they didnt decide to quit and then changed their mind, their client just got stuck in the loading screen and its not always latency related.

I had all those problems when I played with firefox open for days(wen u gon fix dat firefox?), **** memory hog.