Beautiful Gift

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thaisun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

Third and most likely final Christmas story seeing as it is no longer even December. This one is featuring Cassiopeia and Xin Zhao. Let's see what I can do...

Cassiopeia slithered into the hall, her scales seeming to float on the long carpet along the middle of the floor. She hated the way it felt, the tingling it left her with. She summed it up with the fact that she hated being this... This beast. She hated being half serpent, she hated the scales, she hated everything about it. Except the power. That was always a bonus, power that rivaled her sister's. She had always been jealous of Katarina, her cold instincts and her fighting capabilities. But now, through a mistake, she was as strong if not stronger. Her face twisted into a smile as she continued to move, her mind picturing Katarina acknowledging her younger sisters capabilities as the better of the two. She was the better, she was stronger, more cunning, everything. But, she had lost much, oh so much. She had lost her beauty, her ability to appear in public as the figure she once was. She had lost her treasured hair, skin, humanity... She had been too busy pondering her predicament that she had not noticed another figure in the hall.

"It is best to leave one's problems behind. The past will only hold you back, the future moves you ahead." Her head shot up as her eyes locked onto one of her greatest enemies. Xin Zhao. The one seen as a wall between Noxus and Demacia. "Dwell in the past and you won't make it to the future." He said, his face expressionless and she stopped.

"Oh, you can't mean me having problems? Oh no no no, I make the problems, disappear... Would you like that? For all your problems to disappear?" She said, her eyes dancing over him as she spoke. "You're just so strong, what is your secret to that strength-"

He cut her off angrily, his voice cutting through her own. "Take my advice or don't, it makes no difference to me. I don't care for your temptations Noxian. If that is all you are going to do, continue along, but if you would like to talk, I will." She was taken aback by this. A Demacian? Offering her what seemed like sympathy. Very interesting indeed, he must have another motive. She looked him up and down before he continued. "So? What have you opted for?"

"What did you mean by what you said?" She said cautiously. He cocked his head a bit, obviously confused. "The past and future part." He closed his eyes and nodded.

"If you keep yourself concerned with what you lost when you became... This," He said before motioning to her, her eyes becoming angry before he continued. "You will not be able to see what you can do now that you couldn't before." She slightly shook her head, she still didn't quite understand what he was saying. Her beauty was lost but now instead she has scales and claws?

"And these scales and claws are beautiful? I lost my ability to go into public, I became a monster. They found me beautiful... Once..." She looked at the ground, her expression pained. It hurt to remember her old life, the good things she had. "I am a hideous monster now, I am no longer loved, I am feared."

He shook his head, his eyes closed again as he sighed. "Beauty isn't everything. You now hold the powers to take matters into your own hands. You don't need to sit back and let the emotions of men get them to play into your hand, you now have that and power of your own. You can defeat all in your way, you can back up your own words." She looked up at him again, her blue eyes quivering.

"But, who says I want power? Why does it have to be this way? I would rather be beautiful than powerful, it's not fair! I can't be strong and beautiful at the same time?!" She shouted angrily, her words echoing off the walls loudly. Her voice faltered as a tear escaped her eye.

Xin Zhao stood quietly as her body shuddered, more tears falling. Suddenly, his hand rose and lifted her head by the chin so that they were looking at each other. "I don't ever remember saying that you weren't still beautiful. You have the most amazing eyes I have ever seen. In battle and out." He said with a smile. He knew what she really felt. She was jealous of her sister, Katarina. She thought Katarina was better than her, she envied her for her fighting abilities and beauty. "Don't compare yourself to her. You both are unique in your own ways. And if you ask me, you're better."

For the first time in a while, she smiled. Not the seductive smile, but a genuine smile of happiness. "Thank you." Was all she managed to say.

The End.

Meh. I don't know the mindset of Cass or Xin so it didn't go well. Oh well. You asked for it =P

Ouroborous HD

01-01-2012

like i promised +10 for managing to make a story with cass and xin, +5 for getting cass' personality into the story, -3 for failing to fully put xin's personality into the story. plz check out my fanfic

Thaisun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkzero1 View Post
like i promised +10 for managing to make a story with cass and xin, +5 for getting cass' personality into the story, -3 for failing to fully put xin's personality into the story. plz check out my fanfic
=( Sorry, I don't really know much about Xin's personality, I didn't really get much out of reading up on him. But will do.