Dominion AP Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekrogen

01-01-2012

Yorick would destroy AP yi, yes. Nasus, however, I have yet to see vs my AP yi. Lucky for me I play draft and never see Yorick anymore, as there are very few champs that actually "counter" him.

Lilgrabba

01-01-2012

moo

Stimuz

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
Yorick would destroy AP yi, yes. Nasus, however, I have yet to see vs my AP yi. Lucky for me I play draft and never see Yorick anymore, as there are very few champs that actually "counter" him.
AP Yi does pretty good vs Yorick actually, very easy stale mate. Just grab a WotA mid-game to help with sustain and clear creep waves + alpha strike procs its bonus damage on his minions I think, couldn't tell cause I one shot them anyway. Very easy to get safe alpha strikes since his minions are constantly coming to you. You're never gonna kill Yorick once he gets lifesteal though.

I don't think Nasus would be able to do more than stalemate AP Yi either. I actually think the hardest champs to lane against are ranged AD carries with lifesteal for Yi, Graves specifically and most likely Vayne as well.

Nekrogen

01-01-2012

Here's the issues with AP yi vs. Yorick:

-He uses his ghouls, you alpha and end up killing his ghouls instead of the minions. You also probably fail to damage him as a result. This means HE is pushing the lane, not you.
-Yorick outsustains yi quite easily and can lay the hurt on him when he attempts to trollitate.
-Yorick is already broken 1v1 anyways. Very few counters, and I wouldn't count Yi as one of them by a long shot.

Stimuz

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
Here's the issues with AP yi vs. Yorick:

-He uses his ghouls, you alpha and end up killing his ghouls instead of the minions. You also probably fail to damage him as a result. This means HE is pushing the lane, not you.
-Yorick outsustains yi quite easily and can lay the hurt on him when he attempts to trollitate.
-Yorick is already broken 1v1 anyways. Very few counters, and I wouldn't count Yi as one of them by a long shot.
I'm not saying you can beat him or out harass him, very few champs can. Stalemate is usually the best thing to aim for vs Yorick and Yi can do that.

Nekrogen

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
I'm not saying you can beat him or out harass him, very few champs can. Stalemate is usually the best thing to aim for vs Yorick and Yi can do that.
Any decent yorick is going to chase you down with his slow/speedup and force you out of lane. sure you can hold him off at your turret, but so can most champions. He'll still get minions to damage your point enough for it to make a difference, and you'll end up requiring a gank at some point.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

I feel that the counter to yorick is ganks. Ganking bot is important, whether you are winning or losing

Nekrogen

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
I feel that the counter to yorick is ganks. Ganking bot is important, whether you are winning or losing
QFT. Same goes for Ryze.

Stimuz

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post

True, but yorick is so **** good at surviving ganks once his snare and speed ghoul is maxed

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
True, but yorick is so **** good at surviving ganks once his snare and speed ghoul is maxed
That means your ganking wrong. I have never felt that a yorick can escape a 2v1 if you know what your doing unless he plays cautious, in which case since i stayed out of sight i speed shrine and gank the person going top