Random FPS Drops.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jew grenade

08-23-2010

For anyone still experiencing this random FPS drop issue, try taking your heat sync off and cleaning it + the fan. If you're using a laptop like myself, the dissambling process can be quite tedious so be sure to read up on how to take apart your laptop via Google. Someone gave me this pointer in a thread I made on this same issue and it worked like a charm for me. I've just finished my first match since cleaning the heat sync dust and I ran into 0 FPS drops and no forms of lag out of the occasional split second slowdown.

Mystic Fists

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jew grenade View Post
For anyone still experiencing this random FPS drop issue, try taking your heat sync off and cleaning it + the fan. If you're using a laptop like myself, the dissambling process can be quite tedious so be sure to read up on how to take apart your laptop via Google. Someone gave me this pointer in a thread I made on this same issue and it worked like a charm for me. I've just finished my first match since cleaning the heat sync dust and I ran into 0 FPS drops and no forms of lag out of the occasional split second slowdown.
Erm firstly it's heat sink, not sync. And overheating is a cause of slowdowns BUT it would be consistent, as in every time a big team fight broke out or something, the extra workload would cause overheating and slowing.

The issue being discussed here was more random drops for no apparent reasons. Never had this problem on my desktop (which is now dead) but my laptop is plagued by the random drop. Nothing common about when I have this drop so that rules out the overheat issue for me as well, so it's something with the LoL client and my 32bit Vista.

MorningXSnow

08-27-2010

i have this issue as well and its annoying. i mean for weeks and weeks lag after lag after freeze after disconnect...i mean really! i tried things and they havent really helped. i think i had to get my computer fixed or something due to all the things i tried. and i have tried again after that. no use. riot games please help us...

MorningXSnow

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
Thanks for posting your logs guys. I don't see anything of particular note right at the moment but I'll look at it a little more.

One thing you could try is putting the PVP.net thread on low priority while your in game.

I'd also try running the game with game booster. This allows one to shut off a bunch of stuff to make sure its not something new that has been introduced to your machine.
oh thank you finally someone pays attention to us!

DreamAtlantic

08-28-2010

Same issue

Valaynar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2010

Happens the same to me, I'm playing normally with 80fps and then it freezes and they go down to 13fps. It occurs every 1 minute more or less, mainly when an ability or something is used. Nothing is wrong with the hardware, I tested it all and temperature is fine. Is there a solution? I'm tired of getting killed because of this...

P.D: It isn't lag, im around 200ms which is normal for me and im constantly viewing with Ctrl+F the ping but no variations..

Kitavo

Recruiter

08-31-2010

Same issue here, I usually play with 60 Fps and it freezes and start lagging hard, then 5, 6 secs later it stop, and back every 1 min more or less. If im not wrong it started in the last patches.

ChazWild

10-22-2010

Got same issue, we tried everything, formatting whole comp, using gamebooster, shutting down lolclient, disable sound. nothing can solve this ....

Desit

10-22-2010

I replied on another topic, but maybe this can solve this problem, i dunno:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desit
Found a solution which fixed the problem for me at least! Here is what seems to cause the problem:

League of Legends video settings is in a Conflict with NVIDIA Control Panel.

-------------------------------------------------------

How i fixed it is was that i just tried to turn some settings down to performance. I do not know which change who did it, but all the changes together did at least fix my problem with the bad fps:

Under 3D Settings:

1. Adjust Image Settings With Preview - Go to "Use my preference emphasizing" and turn the switch down to Preformance

2. Manage 3D Settings
Antialasing - Transparency : Off
Texture Filtering Quality: Preformance
Multi Display/mixed-GPU acceleration: Multiple Display Preformance mode
Vertical Sync: Force off

3. Set PhysX Configuration - Disabled, not Enabled!

-------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helped some of u!

PengHuynh

01-12-2011

how do i set pvp.net on low priorty... i also lowered all my settings and i am still having this issue