NESL Dominion Tournament Changes!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

Tournamnets are gonna be always this day and this hour? Now that I start working again, It's gonna be extremly hard for me to be free at that time and day. Probably other people have the same issue. Are gonna be tournaments that are other day and hour.?

FDru

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH View Post
A $20 prize isn't bad considering the tournament is free to enter.

Now if there were a $5 entry fee then you could complain about first prize not being $100+...
Isn't 20$ worth of RP technically worth 0$?

I mean, unless NESL bought the RP directly... but from what I understand Riot adds the RP the the accounts automatically (but who knows, I still haven't seen a trace of the RP we were supposed to get from last week so maybe I'm wrong).

Tassenix

01-08-2012

To WaterD103, yes, the tournament will stay on this day and time. The day needs to be Monday to avoid conflicts with other NESL events, this is especially important once we begin broadcasting Dominion events. The time is late for those of us on the east coast, but it was the earliest time I could reasonably place with respect to the West Coast. It lets everyone get home from work and settle in before start time.

To FDru, $20 RP awarded to someone who did not previously have $20 RP is worth exactly $20.

evilXkilla

01-08-2012

Is it just me or the website seems like an absolute mess? It's extremely difficult to navigate. Opening the link that you posted (that is supposed to be a Dominion page) it just opens a page of news ...

Now I managed to sign up myself out of curiosity ... I have an account ... what to do now? lol

Tassenix

01-08-2012

The following link is for the signup page for the next Conflict on the Crystal Scar:

http://www.nationalesl.com/us/#/us/lol/5on5/conflictcrystalscar_13/signup/

That link will prompt you to sign up one of the teams that you belong to. If you do not presently belong to a team, then you need to create one and get at least four more members signed up to it. Once you have that done, you can use the above link to get registered.

NOTE: Once you're registered, you still have to check in for the tournament on Monday, between 8:00PM-8:50PM EST. After that, check the following link to see the tournament bracket, whereupon you'll contact your opponents and get your matches underway!

http://www.nationalesl.com/us/#/us/lol/5on5/conflictcrystalscar_13/rankings/

Hope this helps.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

Yes I agree the registration process and the menu and everthing is extremly messy and complicated. It seems very hard to design the page properly, But still it's a game in itself to be able to work with that webpage.

WaterD103

01-08-2012

So I have a question, say my team have 10 members. Any of the 10 can participate in any of the games of the tourney? so first game is player 1 2 3 4 5 and 2nd game 34567? and finals 67890?
If so and the team wins, how is the prize?

Tassenix

01-08-2012

Prizes are awarded based on where your team ends up placing. So if your team has 67890 playing when you play your last match, those team members would be the ones to receive prizes. It's not a perfect arrangement, but we can't permit a system where each team has 20 people and every one gets in for a prize. That is not the intent of this event, and that would be an abuse of the system.

We recognize that substitutes are reasonable and necessary, but they are meant to help the team succeed as a whole, and where your team places is the measure of that success. That being said, teams should substitute as NECESSARY, not to try to exploit the system for RP.

ZaberZ

01-08-2012

so... about that rp that we won. when do we receive it?

Tassenix

01-08-2012

The prize request was submitted on Tuesday after the event, after that point it's in RIOT's hands. We can check up and see the status of that request, but aside from that, we would ask that you be patient, and RIOT will get to that request. Rest assured, you'll get it, but RIOT has a lot of fish to fry, and only so many hands at the fryers. :P