NESL Dominion Tournament Changes!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tassenix

01-07-2012

Alrighty, sorry I''ve taken a little time to get back here, I just finished driving 1200 miles to be with my Grandmother who just got home from open-heart surgery!

So let's tackle some questions and concerns...

First, to WaterD103, yes, you may have substitutes, but they MUST be registered to your team, and they MUST be registered and confirmed before the event begins. Additionally, when you are in the custom match screen, you must have the five people you intend to play with in that match, and they must stay. If either team dodges during Champion select, the same players from BOTH TEAMS must be present, and the same bans/picks must be selected. If something unusual should occur during Champion bans/picks, such as a player needing to leave (let's say that person was on Team A), that team may bring in a REGISTERED substitute, but ONLY if their opposing team (Team B) agrees. Otherwise, Team A must forfeit. Remember, if any rule is in dispute, or if the rules do not clearly explain a situation you find yourself in, CONTACT AN ADMIN either in-game, or submit a ticket on the NESL site.

Second, to evilXkilla, I'm extremely happy to hear that you're as excited about Dominion as I am. To answer your first question, You should have your team registered by 8:30PM EST on Monday night. The tournaments are usually posted a full week in advance, so you have plenty of time to get signed up. You have all that time to get your team roster filled and signed to the event, but remember, there are only 32 slots (until demand requires that we open more), so get signed ASAP!!! As for your second question, I will be speaking with our other admins about getting Dominion broadcasted, so stay tuned. To address your third question regarding seeding and picks/bans, consider that the lower seeded team gets to ban first AND last. If you are lower seeded, you have the opportunity to knock out high-priority champions that your team may not necessarily be skilled with. There is a trade-off here, and either way has advantages or disadvantages. We simply felt that making a rule regarding seeding was the fairest way to address the potential issue of "who picks/bans first?"

Hopefully this clears a few things up, and thank you all for keeping this thread bumped! I will be monitoring this thread as often as possible, but since I am taking care of my Grandmother during the next two weeks, I will only be able to check up on it every once in a while. Thanks for your support and devotion to Dominion!

FLG Hawkeye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2012

I am excited love the new events thanks for making it possible Tassenix.

Dragonrouge

01-07-2012

I love them more! All hail Tassenix. Ruler of all that is relevant!

Tassenix

01-07-2012

My NESL friends do so love mocking me lol. -_-

Sauron

01-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassenix View Post
First, to WaterD103, yes, you may have substitutes, but they MUST be registered to your team, and they MUST be registered and confirmed before the event begins.
Hey, when I subbed for Mollica's team on #11, I joined their team and entered a gameaccount about an hour before the event started, but the gameaccount didn't get confirmed by anyone until a whole week later. This didn't forfeit my prize, did it? Cause I haven't gotten anything yet. :P

Tassenix

01-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Hey, when I subbed for Mollica's team on #11, I joined their team and entered a gameaccount about an hour before the event started, but the gameaccount didn't get confirmed by anyone until a whole week later. This didn't forfeit my prize, did it? Cause I haven't gotten anything yet. :P
You're fine, you did not act in bad faith and no tickets were submitted that suggest anything objectionable.

AnyOtherEnemy

01-07-2012

A 32 team tournament has a prize of 20 dollars?

Tassenix

01-07-2012

You can win $20 for first place alone, and you can win EVERY WEEK! Think about that. An epic skin every week, a couple champions, whatever you want!

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-07-2012

A $20 prize isn't bad considering the tournament is free to enter.

Now if there were a $5 entry fee then you could complain about first prize not being $100+...

Tassenix

01-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH View Post
A $20 prize isn't bad considering the tournament is free to enter.

Now if there were a $5 entry fee then you could complain about first prize not being $100+...
Right, and remember it's a weekly event!