I'm playing Akali on Dominion, and I'm seeking advice.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyndikate

03-06-2012

I bought Akali a week before Dominion was released, and I started playing her during the beta stage for the hell of it, and I was wrecking people, and on my first game too. So that was when I fell in love with her. Not because she was so strong, but because playing her aggressively was so rewarding, and much more fun. Because of Akali, I am crazy about Assassin champions.

I never really used Hextech Gunblade back then, because I just followed the recommended build, and I was doing just fine.

Akali even after her FOTM period still remains to be one of two of my favorite champions. I have a blast playing her, just burst down every squishy on sight.

My usual build with Akali is Sorcerer's Shoes, Guinsoo's Rageblade, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, and Trinity Force, and I usually can crush squishies easily, but I can't burst down Tanky DPS. I want to know if this is the optimal build for Akali. If not

What's a good item build for Akali? I was thinking of adding Rabadon's Deathcap to the mix, to add more burst to her ultimate.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

If you want to take down tanky dps you're going to need to be AP.

When I played her up to 1700 my core was Deathcap, sheen, revolver and mob boots. Start wand, boots and 4 pots. Once I had this up you've got 360 some odd ap a big chunk of spell vamp and a good burst off your Q with sheen. From here on games wouldnt last much longer but if they did, I'd push either Lich or Gunblade. Lich if they had more squish and gunblade for tanky dps with the extra 300 burst damage and added sustain.

Basically I would double Q, R in, Q again if I had the energy and I knew I would get a kill off that burst I would R into E. If I wasn't going to kill them and needed to reset my energy and get my Q off cd I would throw down my W and rinse repeat.

Basically with akali you need to practice double marking and knowing when to use your shroud. She's an easy champ to pick up but not the easiest to master since she can be pretty squish.