Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anyone knows how the rating works?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pk2play1

12-31-2011

So my friend is like 10 wins and 4 losses in ranked solo with a rating of 1500+ and I'm 44 wins and 34 losses in ranked solo with a rating of 1280. Why... the huge difference? I just want to know how the system works on how much rating u get per win and how much you lose per loss.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrSpaz

12-31-2011

How much rating you get/lose depends on your team and the opponent's team.

If the system feels that you had a small chance of winning, you don't lose much but you gain a lot, and vice versa. It's possible to get incredibly lucky and win against several teams that are at much higher ranks, which nets you a huge boost in rating.

Also, your rating, in an extremely general way, is based more around your win/loss ratio than the # of games played. Your friend has a 10/4 win loss record, which is 250%. Yours is 44/34, which is 129%. That means he gained a ton and you went back and forth a ton.