How do you counter Cassiopeia in mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WildberryPoptart

12-31-2011

Kennens absolutely destroy me as cassiopeia. As soon as I miss a Q on them, they always make sure to dash in and punish me for it.

Medusa

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solatoral View Post
I don't play myself, but from what I've heard, her auto attack seems to be kind of "bad", unlike the smooth Brand one.
That, and any Cass's I've faced use it to last hit. But eh. -shrug-

I'll make a quick edit
its like anything else, just takes practice and is what all good Cass players should do. but as you say, most probably dont do it that way.

NicoliTheCat

12-31-2011

I did pretty good against Cass in mid as both Karth and Vayne. Hard to get a bead on Vayne, and I think Karth either outranges her or matches her, but has a faster cooldown on his poke as mentioned.

Medusa

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoliTheCat View Post
I did pretty good against Cass in mid as both Karth and Vayne. Hard to get a bead on Vayne, and I think Karth either outranges her or matches her, but has a faster cooldown on his poke as mentioned.
Id say in the good cases Cass should beat Karth as she can move oddly to make Lay Waste hard to hit. Then control where he goes with Miasma at some point and tag with NB for a Twinfang or two. Staying pretty much out of range of Defile (if that's even turned on at the right times.)

She should be able to out-dmg him in most cases though.

Bloodlust69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

theres a few champs that own cass...but for the most part if you end up having to lane against cass just get boots plus 3 h pots first, keep moving and focus last hitting minions...dont worry so much about hurting her to much just get farmed up and wait for her to mess up or for gank

Lord Dunkmaster

01-01-2012

Anything that can outrange Cass. Caitlyn, Tristana, Morgana, Lux, or Heimerdinger are good places to start.

IeatFatguys

06-23-2012

She should be able to out-dmg him in most cases though.[/QUOTE]

Karthus has the highest damage output and lowest CD poke (single target) in the game, i dont know if you forgot about his wall of pain (slow) can really make his Q easier to hit you along with the magic resist is takes away make it easier for him to "out damage" cass. a good karth wouldnt go glass canon vs a cass but out damage and push her (if jungler is smart and gives karth blue) think about cass flashing to ult/combo karth, that MAY kill karthus, (unless he does his job as a strong early game champ and shuts her down) unless he builds some MR or health. dont build glass canon karth unless your snowballing. (seen too many bad karthus players build squishy even when losing his own lane ending with him feeding even more) his passive isnt something you want to bring up or take advantage of. because it requires him to be dead -_- plus from what people think or heard karthus does NOT fall off late game. good build can show you he does not. going straight AP, stackable or CD does not help

iAffinity

06-23-2012

get leblanc dont get Qd win game

at level 7 with ignite you can 1 shot her with Q>R>W>E ignite .. may not even need the last E

or u can take her down to almost dead poking with W>Q>R>W back if you can't get in range or flash in

Blackasaurus

06-24-2012

boots and katarina, her instant 4-8 sec CD gap closer ruins cass but you have to remember to turn away from her ult when you ult and it wont stop you

Etherimp

06-24-2012

Galio, Fizz, Talon, Ahri.

I've also had some success vs Cassio as Annie.. You just have to get boots first and be VERY careful about getting poisoned. If you are poisoned, Cassio will rip you apart if your burst doesn't kill her. However, you WILL win the mana-battle. Once you see she's out of mana from trying to poke you, you drop Tibbers on her, Q, W, Q, and ignite.