How do you counter Cassiopeia in mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xobx

12-31-2011

Seriously.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2011

Start boots, don't let her Q you.

It's honestly that easy. She's easier to dodge than Karthus Q spam because her Q is on a 3 second cooldown, which gives you plenty of time to get a last hit or two while dancing.

Medusa

12-31-2011

yes, boots and moving unpredictably/last hitting unpredictably.

breadbocks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2011

Dodge her Q, and you're set. Garen also does a surprisingly good job, with that Q of his. Anybody who is very, very long range ad can do it too, like cait.

Medusa

12-31-2011

Veigar does allright to

Carados

12-31-2011

I think the assumption is that the Cass actually knows how to play Cass, something that doesn't apply to literally all of these answers.

BendyBread

12-31-2011

I'd honestly say you have to either out-range her, or throw her off guard.

That is, someone like Brand, Anivia and Lux have excellent zoning and range capabilities to safe relatively safe.
Someone like Fizz can dodge, dive in and do some serious burst her (though if she's smart, she can kill a Fizz easy).

As Lux, I have no problems with Cass post-6. Most Cass's play very aggressively and aim to push your lane. Once my Lucents start to do decent damage, I can use them occassionally to zone and damage her. The second she's out of position, blow her up.
Brand has an easier time fighting against her because if he hits a sear after any spell, he gets that brief stun duration to hurt her. His passive will also take a tole on her HP progressively.

Playing smart against Cass is that if you get hit by any of her poisons, stay out of her range. She won't hesitate to run in and use multiple Twin Fangs after you're poisoned. Also if you can, stand somewhat away from minions. Though her passive makes spamming spells easier, she'll want to save her Q to last hit, not to harass 24/7 and get 0CS.

Edit: If she last hits with her autos, then she'll still need to come forward a bit to hit you if you have large range. Just watch her movements.
Also lol @ downvotes for trying to help. Oh, the LoL community.

Medusa

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solatoral View Post
I'd honestly say you have to either out-range her, or throw her off guard.

That is, someone like Brand, Anivia and Lux have excellent zoning and range capabilities to safe relatively safe.
Someone like Fizz can dodge, dive in and do some serious burst her (though if she's smart, she can kill a Fizz easy).

As Lux, I have no problems with Cass post-6. Most Cass's play very aggressively and aim to push your lane. Once my Lucents start to do decent damage, I can use them occassionally to zone and damage her. The second she's out of position, blow her up.
Brand has an easier time fighting against her because if he hits a sear after any spell, he gets that brief stun duration to hurt her. His passive will also take a tole on her HP progressively.

Playing smart against Cass is that if you get hit by any of her poisons, stay out of her range. She won't hesitate to run in and use multiple Twin Fangs after you're poisoned. Also if you can, stand somewhat away from minions. Though her passive makes spamming spells easier, she'll want to save her Q to last hit, not to harass 24/7 and get 0CS.
I would say she would use her AA's to last-hit, or should be doing that at least. Then NB to harass the enemy and maybe get a Twinfang or two off. Depending, you can get closer to your minions (for harassment purposes) so youl both get dmg'd by NB and it will push the lane in your favor.

BendyBread

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I would say she would use her AA's to last-hit, or should be doing that at least. Then NB to harass the enemy and maybe get a Twinfang or two off. Depending, you can get closer to your minions (for harassment purposes) so youl both get dmg'd by NB and it will push the lane in your favor.
I don't play myself, but from what I've heard, her auto attack seems to be kind of "bad", unlike the smooth Brand one.
That, and any Cass's I've faced use it to last hit. But eh. -shrug-

I'll make a quick edit

5yn

12-31-2011

Gap closer