Tell me about Yorick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViolentlyCar

12-31-2011

Yorick strikes me as a completely mindless, autopilot character with absolutely no gameplay to him, who he gets to be extremely strong at the same time. However, people tell me that it does take a skill to play him, and that he can be beaten. While I agree that Yorick can be beaten with the right coordination and composition, I haven't seen a shred of evidence that there's any skill to him other than understanding the basic concepts of Dominion in general.

So... tell me about Yorick. Tell me what he has to work for, what he's weak to, and what skills you need to play a good one.

IS1429332aa9b633

12-31-2011

He has a hard time with ranged champions, AD or AP.
You can poke him to death quite easily...

To name a few: Cassio, Malz, Ahri, Cait, Graves, Talon, Kass, Soraka, Kayle...

Most people who can't deal with him are people who try to 1v1 him with tanky DPS.

Sauron

12-31-2011

In particular it is very easy to out-sustain a yorick if you are a ranged carry. Just stack lifesteal and shoot his ghouls when he tries to harass at range, and back away if he tries to get into melee range.

Yorick is pretty strong, but he isn't the end-all to bottom lane.

Carados

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl SGM View Post
He has a hard time with ranged champions, AD or AP.
You can poke him to death quite easily...
Considering his poke heals for more then any other champion's poke...

ViolentlyCar

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
In particular it is very easy to out-sustain a yorick if you are a ranged carry. Just stack lifesteal and shoot his ghouls when he tries to harass at range, and back away if he tries to get into melee range.

Yorick is pretty strong, but he isn't the end-all to bottom lane.
I've honestly considered taking a carry to bot lane with boots, two vampiric sceptres, and lifesteal quints just to outsustain him.

But that makes me sad. It just further reinforces my notion that bot lane isn't very much about skill, but about stats.

Neurolimal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2011

If his lifesteal ghoul got nerfed he would still be a strong laner, but he wouldn't be literally invincible untill his mana pool has been exhausted.

Christian4Palin

12-31-2011

I think that the main problem with Warwick, is that he can become nearly impossible to kill without ignite, that is about his only issue. If they would work it so that he couldn't just out life steal most damage it would be fine.

ViolentlyCar

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian4Palin View Post
I think that the main problem with Warwick, is that he can become nearly impossible to kill without ignite, that is about his only issue. If they would work it so that he couldn't just out life steal most damage it would be fine.
I agree with this assessment of Warwick.

Christian4Palin

12-31-2011

If yorick is bot lane you can beat him

Christian4Palin

12-31-2011

but yoricks main issue is nasus, he cant beat him,