Allow preseason statistics to be seen?

Yes 9,909 91.56%
No 914 8.44%
Voters: 10823. You may not vote on this poll

[Poll] Please bring old statistics back

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ADCisMyReligion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2010

Basically Riot doesn't care about normal games, they are like practice games. All my friends who were causal players quit because its no point of them playing anymore.

Hooplaa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetios View Post
Basically Riot doesn't care about normal games, they are like practice games. All my friends who were causal players quit because its no point of them playing anymore.
How about for fun? I think that's a good point to play them. Just sayin'

NecroGiant

07-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooplaa View Post
How about for fun? I think that's a good point to play them. Just sayin'
or if you dont want to play ranked (like me and a few of my friends)

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

07-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetios View Post
...THEY REMOVED NO FEATURES. This is one of the most insane cases of fridge logic I've ever seen. Hell, if your friends were just casuals, why exactly did they care so much about stats that they'd quit forever? >.>

ItzWarty

07-14-2010

+1, its nice to be able to see who you're doing well with, and who you aren't doing well with.

somethingevil

07-15-2010

Bumpin dis

Ansalem1

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstriker View Post
...THEY REMOVED NO FEATURES. This is one of the most insane cases of fridge logic I've ever seen. Hell, if your friends were just casuals, why exactly did they care so much about stats that they'd quit forever? >.>
Actually, they did remove a feature. They removed the feature that tells you how well you're doing with your favorite characters in normal, unranked matches.

I'm "just" a casual player. I'm thoroughly upset, and I'll end up quitting too if they don't put this FEATURE back in. Why? Because without it I don't have any solid way to judge how well I'm doing. It's just a basic fact of human psychology that we "feel" a loss more than a win, so even if I'm winning a lot and only losing sometimes, I can't be sure that that's the case because I'm just wired to think my losses are much higher than they really are. I can't logically trust my own estimation, so I need a solid concrete record to tell me how well I'm doing.

It's also a great feature so you can see how much you're improving with a character over time. If I start using a new character, I know I'm losing a lot at first and then winning more and more over time, but by how much am I getting better? Oh, I have no idea, because the feature that tells me has just completely disappeared.

What's insane is removing a feature that adds to the fun and experience of the game, especially when that feature has been a part of the game ever since I've been playing. If it had never been there to begin with, I probably wouldn't care so much. But it's been there this whole time, and now all of a sudden it's just gone. With no explanation, and no response from Riot saying what their stance is on this issue.

It's a very bad move no matter how you slice it, and ultimately I'll end up quitting not because it's gone but because it tells me that Riot doesn't care about their fans. It's their game, they're free to do what they please with it, but if they want people to stick around they won't take things away that have been here all this time, especially important things like this.

So, yeah, I'm upset. I'm upset because my opinion is being dismissed because I'm "just a casual". Well, surprise, the largest percent of ANY game's population is the casual fanbase. If Riot thinks we're unimportant, then they deserve to lose us.

I agree with one of the previous posters. Riot needs to AT LEAST give us a solid answer as to what their stance is on this issue, one way or the other.

JohnnyW

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstriker View Post
Your elo sucks.

Ansalem1

07-15-2010

Bumping this, it needs to be seen.

TheHourOfTheMice

07-15-2010

back up to the top. riot, please read. i do NOT care if we start "anew" with normal stats. that's fair enough. in fact, given that botched s1 transition in which we all lost wins (i like how the announcement was given in some post HERE, instead of in an IN GAME alert (like the announcement window in the bottom right), where we could have had reasonable prior warning BEFORE playing untracked games), a new start would be preferable to inaccurate old stats.

however, the lack of transparency is just irritating. we really need an official stance on this matter, thank you.