A Solo'ers Guide to Solo Queues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Armitige

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-15-2010

Excellent post, should be stickied. +1

Batra

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calexisana View Post
True but the whole idea of a new season is there is a reset. If you`ve played WoW`s arena you know that after a while high elo people camp ratings, get disinterested etc. The ladder gets stale. Truthfully it`s still very early in the season, within a couple of weeks I`m sure we`ll see some improvement.
It's different though. There are two ratings. The team rating and the personal (I think that's what they called it, I stopped playing WoW a while back) rating. The team rating reset every season and you'd have to make your way back up (which actually really blew, it took a lot of games especially after they made it start at 0 instead of 1500). But the personal rating would stay the same as it was last season. You'd get paired against people who have similar personal ratings as you do, not team ratings. This prevented Gladiators from just roflstomping challengers at the beginning of each season (or even if they got bored and wanted to start a new team).

Even before they started using and showing personal rating they had hidden rating that you couldn't see that showed your true skill level. Gladiators or higher ranked players never had to fight against new players at the beginning of the seasons.

Calexisana

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batra View Post
It's different though. There are two ratings. The team rating and the personal (I think that's what they called it, I stopped playing WoW a while back) rating. The team rating reset every season and you'd have to make your way back up (which actually really blew, it took a lot of games especially after they made it start at 0 instead of 1500). But the personal rating would stay the same as it was last season. You'd get paired against people who have similar personal ratings as you do, not team ratings. This prevented Gladiators from just roflstomping challengers at the beginning of each season (or even if they got bored and wanted to start a new team).

Even before they started using and showing personal rating they had hidden rating that you couldn't see that showed your true skill level. Gladiators or higher ranked players never had to fight against new players at the beginning of the seasons.
Ah yes, you are right. Nevertheless things will still even out eventually, albeit longer than if there was a hidden rating system.

Prosecutor Godot

07-15-2010

I don't agree with everything but they're good pointers.

Karnikula

07-15-2010

since there's no PM function ...

consider my friendship request before declining, i think out tactics as well champion choices would synergize well, can't say about gameplay but one can always lane differently even if arranged.

on current ladder you're rank ~200 and i'm rank ~280 i'm just one win behind you (+7 instead of +8)

@thread i +1'd it and can only approve, it's also quite similar to my experience

Armitige

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-16-2010

Bump for great justice!

Churchy

Friend of Urf

07-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calexisana View Post
If anyone takes exception to the points made, feel free to verse them. There may as well be one place for people to vent about solo Q instead of having 40 threads up on the front page all saying more or less the same thing.
Matchmaking doesn't necessarily attempt to give you a 1:1 W:L ratio, but that is what it does.

It rates you and matches you against similarly rated opponents. As you defeat them/are defeated, you move up/down in rating. When you reach the point where you start losing a game for every win, you have reached the ELO rating where you have a 50% chance to win, and will stay at a 1:1 ratio from that point onward.

I think you should better explain that in your original post.

yody

07-18-2010

Bump man,

this is the kinda thread ive been waiting for,

since i read this ive kept my cool and been winning more and more

thank u and goodnight

yody

07-31-2010

bump again cuz this post rocks

yody

11-04-2010

bump