A Solo'ers Guide to Solo Queues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calexisana

07-15-2010

I do think it's odd that Shen is so good that he's always banned. It's almost like we should be discussing who the best tank is who isn't Shen, because you can't ever choose him!

JoeBart

07-15-2010

I must say this is one of the best posts regarding solo queue that I have ever read.

I especially like your section on attitude. I think this moreso than anything else affects how a game will go (at the very least your game). I stricly solo queue and try to keep the optimistic attitude and control what I can do. As long as I'm playing well and helping the team I figure everything will fall into place.

One thing I think people don't consider enough is how they can help the team. Many people start blaming their team for their deaths/failures rather than looking more objectively at what they may have done wrong or could do better.

Thanks for posting this. Great read.

fumio

07-15-2010

great post man, +1 most people dont get this, but most of this stuff is commmon sense, everyone that is raging QQers on forums about MM should read this.

Calexisana

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBart View Post
I must say this is one of the best posts regarding solo queue that I have ever read.

I especially like your section on attitude. I think this moreso than anything else affects how a game will go (at the very least your game). I stricly solo queue and try to keep the optimistic attitude and control what I can do. As long as I'm playing well and helping the team I figure everything will fall into place.

One thing I think people don't consider enough is how they can help the team. Many people start blaming their team for their deaths/failures rather than looking more objectively at what they may have done wrong or could do better.

Thanks for posting this. Great read.
QFT, it's generally better to elevate one's own play before blaming others.

Gibbilo

07-15-2010

Sticky this thread

Calexisana

07-15-2010

Updated with some new content etc, included my own solo Q record.

BlackDestruction

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2010

Great thread

Batra

07-15-2010

Good post and I agree with it, but...

It still would have been better to auto place people who have been playing for a while into higher rankings instead of throwing all the new players with the veterans. I just don't see the logic in not doing it.

EDIT:

Also, playing as a tank or support champ (that you actually know how to play) will lead you to more victories than trying to "carry" your team. Preventing enemies from getting fed by new players is easier than trying to get fed by them.

Calexisana

07-15-2010

True but the whole idea of a new season is there is a reset. If you`ve played WoW`s arena you know that after a while high elo people camp ratings, get disinterested etc. The ladder gets stale. Truthfully it`s still very early in the season, within a couple of weeks I`m sure we`ll see some improvement.

GosuOP

07-15-2010

I'll keep bumping this. ALL solo queuers must see this!