Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tiamat + Bilgewater Cutlass

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blue101

07-17-2010

Tiamat is an excellent item for a melee hero to boost their creep pushing ability, because it allows then to rapidly kill entire waves of minions when before they could only hit one at a time, this is the only real use I have found for this item yet, however I like the Idea of being able to combine it with something else late game, though it'd get really expensive really fast considering how expensive Tiamat already is.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoransTroll

07-17-2010

Personally, I think building it with other things is great--or making the components more useful would be great too.

With Wriggle's Lantern, the stats given are AR, AD, a very good passive, and a very very good active. It's clearly a utility item. But the real difference is that Tiamat is made from 4 basic items, meaning you don't gain any nice effects until you finished it.
I would prefer removing Pickaxe from the recipe, but replace it by something like Philo stone or Chalice. Champs with lots of AD and AS wouldn't care about splash anyway, because they burn through things much faster. The beauty of Tiamat is that you can start with mana and health regen item. We might as well turn it into a utility regen item.