Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tiamat + Bilgewater Cutlass

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chthulu

Recruiter

07-14-2010

Bilgewater Cutlass is an item possessed of beautiful potential.
Beautiful potential... and one, sole, tragic build-path. One that caters to those champions who make use of AP.

But the item itself is suited for far, far, more champions than those who will use a Gunblade.

Similarly, the Tiamat is an item with quite decent potential, that falls short of actual utility due to it's cost and role as a dead-end item slot.

Also, the two potentially combine quite beautifully.

My idea is thus:

Change Tiamat's recipe to:

415 - Long Sword (+10 Damage)
250 - Rejuvination Bead (+ 8 hp/5)
180 - Faerie Charm (+3 mana/5)
655 - Tiamat Recipe (+10 Damage, +7 hp/5, +2 mana/5, + 30% Splash Damage)

for a total of: 1500 (+20 Damage, +15hp/5 +5mana/5 +30% Splash)

(Actually pretty **** excellent for it's cost, perhaps I went overboard, but bear with me)

+

Bilgewater Cutlass (unchanged)
1825 (+25 Damage, +12% Lifesteal UNIQUE: Active Deals 150 magic damage and slows the target champion by 50% for 3 seconds (300 range). 60 second cooldown.)

+ 275 "Weighted Anchor" Recipe (eh, work with me here, but forgive the name)

Makes

Weighted Anchor (3500)

(+ 60 Damage, +15% Lifesteal, +15 hp/5, + 5 mana/5 UNIQUE: 35% Damage Splash (larger AoE than Tiamat's) UNIQUE: Active: Deals 150 + Total Physical Attack damage, and slows by 50% for 3 seconds in an area (300) around target champion (500 range). 60 second cooldown.)

Or something to the same extent.

Just shooting from the hip, really.

Any thoughts? Comments?
I honestly don't feel like typing more. Perhaps I'll edit this later.

Signature

07-14-2010

Although most people don't know this, Tiamat is an excellent twitch item. I'm going to do these calculations with the assumption that the splash damage is 100% splash damage.

Twitch late game with ~300AD + 2.5AS (AS will be irrelevant), using spray and pray.

As each shot of spray and pray hits through all 5 members of the opposing team it would do 300 damage to every single person there (assuming that he hits all of them). As well, if theyre close enough, the splash damage coming off of each one could hit everyone else, so the attack could potentially be amplified by 5x.

Basically the amount of damage you could do with these statistics with one should could be POTENTIALLY:

300 x 5 x 5 = 7500 PER SHOT. Assuming that you are incredibly lucky and it hits all five people and it splashes onto another five people because they are close enough.

The amount of damage done to one person would be just amplified 5 times. So 1500 per person.

With 2.5 Attack speed, you can eat through a tanks life in 2-3 hits.

NOTE: This is the maximum potential power you could have, not including the effects of armor, and the possibility of all five members of the team standing close enough for every member to splash to every other member.

Chthulu

Recruiter

07-15-2010

The splash is, I believe, 30%, although stackable.

And aye, I've seen some lunacy with Tiamat on Twitch and Gangplank... but it's unfortunate that it doesn't work as well on, say, Olaf, who I figure could put it to good use.

The item itself is just slightly too lacking to bring into late game.
If it had an upgrade, though...

Desocupado

07-15-2010

Splash is 50% for melee heroes and 35 ranged heroes

Urek Mazin0

07-15-2010

Quote:
ShadowGTFO:
Although most people don't know this, Tiamat is an excellent twitch item. I'm going to do these calculations with the assumption that the splash damage is 100% splash damage.

Twitch late game with ~300AD + 2.5AS (AS will be irrelevant), using spray and pray.

As each shot of spray and pray hits through all 5 members of the opposing team it would do 300 damage to every single person there (assuming that he hits all of them). As well, if theyre close enough, the splash damage coming off of each one could hit everyone else, so the attack could potentially be amplified by 5x.

Basically the amount of damage you could do with these statistics with one should could be POTENTIALLY:

300 x 5 x 5 = 7500 PER SHOT. Assuming that you are incredibly lucky and it hits all five people and it splashes onto another five people because they are close enough.

The amount of damage done to one person would be just amplified 5 times. So 1500 per person.

With 2.5 Attack speed, you can eat through a tanks life in 2-3 hits.

NOTE: This is the maximum potential power you could have, not including the effects of armor, and the possibility of all five members of the team standing close enough for every member to splash to every other member.

L m a o....

tiamat splash for 30% or something like that on ranged units, plus the range of splash is a joke, they have to be hugging so it can actually splash... plus u will hardly get a 300 AD with a good AS if u have tiamat on ur build... unless u dont ahve boots or something.... tiamat is a trash item, and it will never be a good build choice, it might be OK for a build but never good.

Chthulu

Recruiter

07-15-2010

Quote:
Barnicle:
L m a o....

tiamat splash for 30% or something like that on ranged units, plus the range of splash is a joke, they have to be hugging so it can actually splash... plus u will hardly get a 300 AD with a good AS if u have tiamat on ur build... unless u dont ahve boots or something.... tiamat is a trash item, and it will never be a good build choice, it might be OK for a build but never good.

Which is why I'm trying to figure out how it might turn into something useful.

+60 damage, splash, lifesteal, and regen with an attached slowing-nuke is a pretty **** awesome item slot... and I reckon both items fit together quite well.

Any comment on the idea itself?

Bordellimies

07-16-2010

I like the idea very much. I like Tiamats and Bilgewater Cutlass, so I definitely would be happy to see them form a good build.

Pacifica Casull

07-16-2010

Tiamat is the one item in this game that does NOT live up to its potential. its close...but no cigar. the problem is the aoe component. its not robust enough. either the aoe effect needs to be enlarged OR the aoe effect needs to carry the various effects of other items like malady or phage. otherwise its simply not enough of an item to warrant the expense.

Crolda

07-17-2010

I approve, both items are remarkable and unique, but lack any sort of reason to get them usually.

Chthulu

Recruiter

07-17-2010

As it is now, I don't really like the Active I've suggested, but AoE-Slow is Randuin's ability, and the Slow is part of what makes the Cutlass so excellent.

Any suggestions are quite welcome...

I thought perhaps something like Sion's Ultimate (AoE healing Life-steal + Bonus Damage) might be awesome.