Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Noobs and gameplay

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zenoheld

12-30-2011

Hello guys i consider myself a experienced player but i still had due to noobs, my last game was 1/20 so i have to quit, so i wanted to ask if u can help me out, what can i do, when i m having bad games, idk i just give up and quit, also im need an introduction for ganking cuz i still dont know, well thats all, i hope u can help me

WayneKingftw

12-30-2011

1. Watch CLG streams
2. ????
3. Profit!

Intsikandy

12-30-2011

Things you can do personally are changes to your build priorities and flow along with the game, as well as determining the core items you need(items to sustain you and give you prominence in the game). You seem to build really weird nonsensical items like bloodrazor Irelia, or brutalizer Twitch. The fact you really need manamune on Pantheon despite being somewhat of an AD caster may show that you're not being very efficient with your mana and spam it when you get the chance or as soon as cooldowns pop up. You also seem to get Wriggles on ranged carries, which for the most part, they don't generally need for sustain since you have a support warding for you and the item tends to fall off later, however you can still argue for it that you're a large support to baron and dragon taking. Consider not getting Sword of The Occult on everyone, these stack items generally aren't worth it and aren't cost effective until getting 5+ kills or 10+ assists, get other items instead, unless you're feeling really cocky. Rethink how much damage you're actually doing and what kind of damage you're doing, that'll really help get you a few more kills and prevent you from dying. If you do physical damage, Madred's bloodrazors are generally a worthless upgrade, considering they do magic damage.

As for carrying teams, mid, solo top, and jungle generally carries the hardest, but of course a million other noobs have heard this wisdom and instalock their roles, and often times, feeders and baddies will come, consider it that you might be one yourself, and you have to cycle through feeders and baddies for a few more dozen or even hundreds of game to get out of their level.

For ganking, it's just something to do when there's downtime in your lane, and it's not as worth it to b yet, or as soon as you are able to after your jungle. Ganking is mostly to punish extenders and cocky players, which if you're playing with people like that, the other team must be full of them too. Just smack them in the face a few times and back off, and give your laner some room to breathe, and if possible, go in for a kill, and make sure they burn their flashes, their exhausts, and their ignites and whatnot on you so that your laner is no longer in danger of them.

If you want to get some experience, read some guides, watch some streams of pro players, add people you consider to be very good at the game, and just repeat the process daily, and just build good habits. Don't facecheck brushes when an entire team is MIA, ward ganking spots, buffs, brushes, and choke points, call MIAs, time buffs, don't run in 1 v many, because you're unlikely to get a pentakill by yourself, and just work with what you have, if your entire team is beefy caster minions, so be it, we all have to deal with it. We all have those 20 loss streaks, and we've all played with baddies, just sometimes, you gotta see what you could have done, what you could have done better, and if your team makes mistakes, you have no room for them. Sometimes, you have to look at yourself and see if you're the baddy.

Googlewin

12-30-2011

You're experienced but went 1/20 and don't know how to gank... smh

Iklo

12-30-2011

Quote:
Intsikandy:
Things you can do personally are changes to your build priorities and flow along with the game, as well as determining the core items you need(items to sustain you and give you prominence in the game). You seem to build really weird nonsensical items like bloodrazor Irelia, or brutalizer Twitch. The fact you really need manamune on Pantheon despite being somewhat of an AD caster may show that you're not being very efficient with your mana and spam it when you get the chance or as soon as cooldowns pop up. You also seem to get Wriggles on ranged carries, which for the most part, they don't generally need for sustain since you have a support warding for you and the item tends to fall off later, however you can still argue for it that you're a large support to baron and dragon taking. Consider not getting Sword of The Occult on everyone, these stack items generally aren't worth it and aren't cost effective until getting 5+ kills or 10+ assists, get other items instead, unless you're feeling really cocky. Rethink how much damage you're actually doing and what kind of damage you're doing, that'll really help get you a few more kills and prevent you from dying. If you do physical damage, Madred's bloodrazors are generally a worthless upgrade, considering they do magic damage.

As for carrying teams, mid, solo top, and jungle generally carries the hardest, but of course a million other noobs have heard this wisdom and instalock their roles, and often times, feeders and baddies will come, consider it that you might be one yourself, and you have to cycle through feeders and baddies for a few more dozen or even hundreds of game to get out of their level.

For ganking, it's just something to do when there's downtime in your lane, and it's not as worth it to b yet, or as soon as you are able to after your jungle. Ganking is mostly to punish extenders and cocky players, which if you're playing with people like that, the other team must be full of them too. Just smack them in the face a few times and back off, and give your laner some room to breathe, and if possible, go in for a kill, and make sure they burn their flashes, their exhausts, and their ignites and whatnot on you so that your laner is no longer in danger of them.

If you want to get some experience, read some guides, watch some streams of pro players, add people you consider to be very good at the game, and just repeat the process daily, and just build good habits. Don't facecheck brushes when an entire team is MIA, ward ganking spots, buffs, brushes, and choke points, call MIAs, time buffs, don't run in 1 v many, because you're unlikely to get a pentakill by yourself, and just work with what you have, if your entire team is beefy caster minions, so be it, we all have to deal with it. We all have those 20 loss streaks, and we've all played with baddies, just sometimes, you gotta see what you could have done, what you could have done better, and if your team makes mistakes, you have no room for them. Sometimes, you have to look at yourself and see if you're the baddy.

I am honored to be in your presence. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Zenoheld

12-31-2011

well... your answers are quite interesting, thank you for your help, and Googlewin yeah im a experiences player, but as i said a fidle that doesnt know how to ulti and a skaner that dies in the jungle agains wolves maybe they really need help... btw without offend them or you, is just a game but a lot of people just begin to say things like: u suck, u cant do a **** and stfu u n****