Help with steam download speed??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ball3rb33st73

01-02-2012

Hey all, I just have a question on whether or not my download speed can increase. I went to speedtest.net and my download speed was an average of 2 mb/s after 3 tests. In steam, I'm downloading at about a rate of 600-700 kb/s which is .6-.7 mb/s. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I'm missing something here??? Shouldn't I be getting a little bit of a faster speed downloading a game than I am and if so, what's wrong? I already did the settings to my connection speed and put the region closest to me.

HALP D:

ball3rb33st73

01-02-2012

Bump for help??

gzboli

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2012

do you have the B's correct? speed tests usually report in megabits(Mb) and steam reports in kilobytes(KB)

ball3rb33st73

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzboli View Post
do you have the B's correct? speed tests usually report in megabits(Mb) and steam reports in kilobytes(KB)
Whats the difference? O.O

Vorkon

01-02-2012

yeah

ball3rb33st73

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkon View Post
yeah
This does not help my problem nor contribute to this thread >.>

Direlord

01-03-2012

d/l speed i think is often based on your connection and how busy steam is at the time. especially if the game you are d/ling is popular. I could get some games with a 2.1 mb per sec speed while trying to get deus ex this weekend i could barely get 600 kb a sec.

best bet is try to d/l off hours or when the demand for that game is not so high. Either way not the most convient of options.