Ask Shyvana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R­ndom Guy

Senior Member

01-16-2012

Hello Shyvanna,

Its been a while, i decided to make a little journey and start exploring all of valoran by myself.
So i ask you: ┐ is there any place you would advice me to go first, somewhere you enjoyed for example?
Right now i'm gonna start climbing Mount Targon for a start, wish me luck.

Ps: I am carrying a halberd with me.┐ Do you know of a trusty blacksmith around valoran? i could learn more and take care of my own weapon this way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shyvana

Senior Member

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by R­ndom Guy View Post
Hello Shyvanna,

Its been a while, i decided to make a little journey and start exploring all of valoran by myself.
So i ask you: ┐ is there any place you would advice me to go first, somewhere you enjoyed for example?
Right now i'm gonna start climbing Mount Targon for a start, wish me luck.

Ps: I am carrying a halberd with me.┐ Do you know of a trusty blacksmith around valoran? i could learn more and take care of my own weapon this way.
Hello, Random.

I hope you can take care of yourself, Summoner. Not all areas of Valoran are as safe and secure as Demacia. Mount Targon is a good visit, though. Once you get high up, the view is incredible. I've visited a few times. If you make it to the top, say hi to Leona. She's quite personable.

I had a good time in my visit to Piltover. It was a small diplomatic meeting. Luxanna and I accompanied Prince Jarvan, and we were there to negotiate some trade thing regarding fish, or something. When it was done, Luxanna insisted we eat something before we make the trip back, and since nothing we brought was hot, she wanted to buy something. So, we found the nearest market, and nearby, there was a grilling place. The steak there was amazing for the price. I'd recommend visiting that place. "The Spiced Grill", it was called.

As for blacksmiths, I recommend the ones in Demacia. Look at the strength of Demacian armor, it's always reliable. They made my armors, after all. I'm sure they'll teach you some things for a fee.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lokithedamned

Senior Member

01-17-2012

Hello Shyvana I thank you for taking time out of your day to answer my question,

The day that you joined the League the story about your bio was rather lackluster to be honest. However recently it has been changed, I am curious as to why the league would release a false background of you and then change it afterwards. Or could it be that the League is hiding or falsifying certain information?

Another question I have is your thoughts of the actual city state of Demacia. Demacia has been known for its righteous views going so far as to call itself "a paragon of virtue among all the other human settlements." However I am also a demacian citizen and I some times feel that Demacias ideal are blinding them. I have seen people who have stolen a piece of fruit be punished as if they killed a man. I must ask do you feel that Demacia is truly what we claim it to be?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shyvana

Senior Member

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokithe****ed View Post
Hello Shyvana I thank you for taking time out of your day to answer my question,

The day that you joined the League the story about your bio was rather lackluster to be honest. However recently it has been changed, I am curious as to why the league would release a false background of you and then change it afterwards. Or could it be that the League is hiding or falsifying certain information?

Another question I have is your thoughts of the actual city state of Demacia. Demacia has been known for its righteous views going so far as to call itself "a paragon of virtue among all the other human settlements." However I am also a demacian citizen and I some times feel that Demacias ideal are blinding them. I have seen people who have stolen a piece of fruit be punished as if they killed a man. I must ask do you feel that Demacia is truly what we claim it to be?
Hello, Loki.

I wondered about that, too. It was changed when several fans asked me why I'm so loyal to the man who killed my father. You can imagine my surprise at the question. So a fan directed me to the biography that the League wrote about me, and... it infuriates me just thinking about it. To accuse Prince Jarvan of murdering my father... I immediately headed to the Institute of War, and calmly and coolly corrected them. I'm not sure why they printed a false story, though. The Summoner I spoke to wasn't the one who wrote the story, and she didn't know the logic behind the actions of the one who did. I suspect it was just a matter of the story being screwed up as one Summoner told it to the next and to the next.

Your second question... is a heavy one, Summoner.

I'll start by saying, Demacia is a place of kindness and tolerance. Many people would have me dead for what I am, but the amount of kindness that Prince Jarvan and Demacia have afforded me is more than I could have ever dreamed of. One minute, I was a hunted girl, homeless, covered in my father's blood and hoping the man with the lance approaching me was going to end my misery. A mere two weeks later, I was made an elite soldier of the Demacian military, respected by the entire citystate, known personally by prestigious families and the heads of government. I have a home, I have been given several armors that proudly display what I am, I've been trusted with representing Demacia on the world stage, and there are even rumors of me eventually becoming Queen. I will not tolerate people speaking ill of Demacia. It is a wonderful place, truly what every other citystate should aspire to be.

Now... the Demacian way is that there are no small crimes, and if that's the system, I respect it. But, the courts do take into account all circumstances revolving around the crime. The man who stole the fruit, what was his social status? How rich was he? Why did he do it? These are things the courts consider, and I have total faith in their ability to be just and fair. I will admit that there have been punishments that I thought were excessive, but anytime I think about that, I just look around Demacia. I look at its standing, its power, its kindness, and I have to think that, whatever it takes to make such a great citystate is worth it.

...don't read too far into that, Noxian parasites. When I say "whatever it takes is worth it", it's a figure of speech. It doesn't include murder, torture, or anything of the sort. Though I doubt you have much issue with either of those.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lokithedamned

Senior Member

01-17-2012

Dear Shyvana,

Thank you for your swiftness to answer my inquiries, I hope you will not find it a burden should i ask a few more. I should state before I ask these, along with being a summoner I am also working as an information broker.

In your last answer you said that there were rumors going around that you may become queen correct? However you sounded unsure about that yourself, is this confusion of your because you yourself do not know if that is true. And if these are just rumors then who has been spreading these rumors and for what reason. Additionally if you were asked by his majesty, Prince Jarvan IV, to become the next Queen of Demacia would you accept? It does have a ring to it though, Queen Shyvana... joking aside there is more I have to ask.

When you fight in the Institute of War your, for lack of a better word, "Ultimate" ability is that you change into your dragon form. I must ask when you are off the Field of Justice are you able to keep yourself in that form and are their any repercussions to staying in that form?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shyvana

Senior Member

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokithe****ed View Post
Dear Shyvana,

Thank you for your swiftness to answer my inquiries, I hope you will not find it a burden should i ask a few more. I should state before I ask these, along with being a summoner I am also working as an information broker.

In your last answer you said that there were rumors going around that you may become queen correct? However you sounded unsure about that yourself, is this confusion of your because you yourself do not know if that is true. And if these are just rumors then who has been spreading these rumors and for what reason. Additionally if you were asked by his majesty, Prince Jarvan III, to become the next Queen of Demacia would you accept? It does have a ring to it though, Queen Shyvana... joking aside there is more I have to ask.

When you fight in the Institute of War your, for lack of a better word, "Ultimate" ability is that you change into your dragon form. I must ask when you are off the Field of Justice are you able to keep yourself in that form and are their any repercussions to staying in that form?
It's no problem. Always nice to meet people brave enough to be the fan of a dragon.

It's Prince Jarvan IV, not III. Anyway, you know how rumors start. By the time I heard about it, various Summoners and Demacians had mentioned it to me. I don't know why they discuss it. I suppose guessing who will be the next Queen is the sort of cultural gossip that people love to discuss.

The thing is, people have said that the Queen should be someone who can fight alongside the King on the Field of Justice. The four options for that right now are myself, Luxanna, Poppy, and Vayne. Poppy is immediately out, since humans and yordles can't breed. Most people agree that Vayne wouldn't want to do it, since she's too busy hunting the forces of darkness. Luxanna, meanwhile... she's intelligent, talented, and pretty much everyone adores her. But some people say she's too young, and just not 'suited' to be Queen. I don't know her well enough to make that call, but if she became Queen, I'd certainly abide by her rule. I do know that she's definitely smart enough for the job, if the tactical strategies she has come up with mean anything.

As for whether or not I'd accept, yes, I would. I'm somewhat conflicted, because marrying someone for political reasons rather than love is something I find... odd. I wasn't born in Demacia, it's not something I was brought up knowing. But Prince Jarvan is a great man, I'm sure he'd court a relationship with his future queen before working on producing Jarvan V.

Your second question. Taking my true form works in much the same way as you've seen. To take my true form, I have to embrace my true form... fury, wrath, wishing death and destruction upon all my enemies. I'm able to keep my true form for as long as I can feel that burning rage flowing through my veins. And no, there are no repercussions. My true form is part of who I am. No repercussions in being who I am. I simply prefer to maintain my human form, as a service to the citystate that has given me so much.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightsofLove

Senior Member

01-18-2012

Dear Shyvana

What is your greatest fear?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shyvana

Senior Member

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightsofLove View Post
Dear Shyvana

What is your greatest fear?
Hello, Nights of Love.

Fear? My enemies tremble before the power of a dragon, I fear no thing, person, or beast.

...not buying it? Fine.

I do still fear the people who would have me dead. I fear no direct fight, but Vayne has shown me that all it takes is one sneak attack to render a person useless. If I'm traveling alone, I'm more nervous than I'd care to admit.

But if you're asking for a fear that makes me tremble in my gauntlets, I can honestly say, there is no answer. I don't fear things like drowning or death, because those things are beyond my control - it's stupid to fear them. As for any man, creature, beast, monster lurking in the shadows of night? I don't fear anything of the sort. They can leap at me all they want. The result will always be the same. Their burning guts splattered across the ground. They have faced nothing like me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightsofLove

Senior Member

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
Hello, Nights of Love.

Fear? My enemies tremble before the power of a dragon, I fear no thing, person, or beast.

...not buying it? Fine.

I do still fear the people who would have me dead. I fear no direct fight, but Vayne has shown me that all it takes is one sneak attack to render a person useless. If I'm traveling alone, I'm more nervous than I'd care to admit.

But if you're asking for a fear that makes me tremble in my gauntlets, I can honestly say, there is no answer. I don't fear things like drowning or death, because those things are beyond my control - it's stupid to fear them. As for any man, creature, beast, monster lurking in the shadows of night? I don't fear anything of the sort. They can leap at me all they want. The result will always be the same. Their burning guts splattered across the ground. They have faced nothing like me.

Yes but being a Dragon is an amazing and awesome power... but don't you ever think that you could lose control of yourself while expressing really powerful and disturbing emotions

Sure MAYBE there are one or two sneak beasts trying to get at you but that's minor to the power which in your grasp.

EDIT: If I was you, I would fear my own powers more than any thing else


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lokithedamned

Senior Member

01-18-2012

Thank you for your time Shyvana I have one last question I must ask and you will have quelled my inquiries for now.

There are quite a few champions in the league at this point and all have them have their own sets of skills and talents. However I am curious as to whom you believe does not belong in the league? Do note that this question is on their skills not any personal grudges or how you feel about where they are from.