Ask Shyvana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sariaru

01-13-2012

Dear Shyvana,

I will admit that I have never summoned you to battle, mainly because your powerful abilities, though terrifying, do not really mesh with my playstyle - I prefer to play a more supportive role and frequently summon champions like Sona and Soraka to the Fields of Justice. Nothing brings me more joy than to keep powerful frontliners such as yourself alive.

But my question is this: What is your opinion of Sona? She was adopted by a Demacian, thus she could be considered a Demacian by all accounts, but at the same time, she associates with Mordekaiser, Karthus, and Yorick in their musical endeavor "Pentakill." I know she's difficult to talk to, what with being mute and all, but what's your opinion of a Demacian spending time with those three?

Another question: Which champion is the most delicious to tear into? And how do you eat your steak in human form? It must be strange to ask order it "on fire" and also probably disrespectful to the chef to set it ablaze yourself.

Ask Shyvana

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sariaru View Post
Dear Shyvana,

I will admit that I have never summoned you to battle, mainly because your powerful abilities, though terrifying, do not really mesh with my playstyle - I prefer to play a more supportive role and frequently summon champions like Sona and Soraka to the Fields of Justice. Nothing brings me more joy than to keep powerful frontliners such as yourself alive.

But my question is this: What is your opinion of Sona? She was adopted by a Demacian, thus she could be considered a Demacian by all accounts, but at the same time, she associates with Mordekaiser, Karthus, and Yorick in their musical endeavor "Pentakill." I know she's difficult to talk to, what with being mute and all, but what's your opinion of a Demacian spending time with those three?

Another question: Which champion is the most delicious to tear into? And how do you eat your steak in human form? It must be strange to ask order it "on fire" and also probably disrespectful to the chef to set it ablaze yourself.
Hello, Sariaru.

No worries. I hate when people who prefer a supportive or ranged style summon me. My strengths do not lie in acting like Caitlyn, and a Summoner doesn't do me or the team any favors by trying to make me take that sort of passive role. Nothing against her, mind you.

As you can imagine, talking to Sona is difficult. She's an adopted Demacian, something I can sort of relate to, so I respect that. She seems to stick to the Demacian way of life, so I have nothing against her. But she and I haven't really spoken. Mostly I've just yelled orders to her on the Field of Justice, which she agrees to by slamming some approving note on her... whatever that thing is. It's like a piano guitar. After matches, sometimes I tell her she did a good job or she could have done something differently, and she plays a little tune to acknowledge it, but it's so difficult to really take anything from that. I suppose happy is a higher pitched, softer tone, while annoyed is harsher and deeper? It's like talking to a dog... and I say that with utmost respect. Anyway, her facial expressions help understand what the tunes mean. I just wish she'd carry a pen and paper, make things easier for everyone.

Sona does keep some questionable company in that band, but I don't think less of her for it. Music is her passion, more than anything else. I know that she's in that band for the music, not because she likes her bandmates. Pentakill doesn't have any political ties or anything, it's just a band. So, I'm fine with her being a part of it.

Your second question... judging by my previous answers, you'd think I'd say Katarina. But actually, no. She's talented, having mastered shunpo, so I can at least respect her on that level. The person I enjoy ripping apart, more than anyone else, would be Singed. See, Katarina did horrible things in the war, but it was war, that's what happens. Torture and experimentation for the sake of it is not something she does. Singed, on the other hand, has done that. He's kidnapped people, tied them down, and tested horrible chemicals on them. Warwick did the same thing, but Soraka already got to him for his crimes. Singed has yet to answer for all the things he has done, so I thoroughly enjoy splattering his burning guts at every opportunity. I guess this is something Riven and I share as a common interest.

Your final question... cute, Summoner, that made me crack a smile. In human form, I prefer my steak medium. In the back of my mind, I want it rare or even less than that. But thanks to the Ionians and my reading, my human side always prevails any disagreement. I'm proud of what I am, but outside of battle, I want to be civilized.

BaronFingerCrush

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

Dear Miss Shyvana

Could you tell me please, whether you had time to exchange at least few words with Gragas. If yes, what is your opinion about Rabble Rouser?

I am also curious, if you have ever been to Shadow Isles.

Yours sincerely
BaronFingerCrush

Ask Shyvana

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronFingerCrush View Post
Dear Miss Shyvana

Could you tell me please, whether you had time to exchange at least few words with Gragas. If yes, what is your opinion about Rabble Rouser?

I am also curious, if you have ever been to Shadow Isles.

Yours sincerely
BaronFingerCrush
All appropriate greetings, Baron.

I'm by no means a superficial or vain woman. Appearance generally doesn't mean much to me. But... Gragas disgusts me. I mean, look at him. He reeks of alcohol and he looks like he weighs more than my true form. I've spoken to him, and... let's just say, his and my personalities don't exactly mix.

I have not been to the Shadow Isles, and I don't have much desire to ever visit. But I hear it's a very dangerous place, so if Demacia ever explores, I'll definitely be on the front lines. I am mildly curious about what twisted magic in that cursed place warped Evelynn into what she is today. We'll see if Prince Jarvan ever feels the need to start an expedition to the Shadow Isles.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-14-2012

You said earlier that you frequent a diner. I'm surprised, I didn't really think that was the type of place you'd hang around. What's the appeal of it, for you?

Also, what do you think about Miss Fortune?

Ask Shyvana

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
You said earlier that you frequent a diner. I'm surprised, I didn't really think that was the type of place you'd hang around. What's the appeal of it, for you?

Also, what do you think about Miss Fortune?
Hello, Tsaalyo.

Well, hanging around pubs for long periods is generally frowned upon in Demacia, and even if I wanted to do that, that fact also means there are very few of them. Besides, I don't see the appeal of alcohol. The diner I go to has good food, which is a plus since I'm not that good at cooking. The typical customers there are an agreeable crowd, and it's never too busy or loud, so I can relax and perhaps read at the end of the day. Another thing about the crowds is, if people come up to me for autographs or to talk about the League, it's usually honest citizens, family types, sometimes even children brave enough to face a dragon. I don't mind having conversations with the average diner patron.

...sometimes, a fan might offer to pay for my food. Can't say I mind that.

Miss Fortune and I have almost nothing in common besides hair color, when I'm in my most human form. She drinks regularly, she keeps the company of some questionable people, and her comments regarding Demacia have been quite irksome. But I will say that she's not a bad person. She hunts pirates, and considering what pirates typically do to captured women, that's tenacity that more people should have. She may live in a questionable city, but she's on the side of justice. If she ever visits Demacia, she'll get no nasty looks from me.

Miss Fortune is deceptively lethal. Vayne usually comes out on top if the two are opponents, but the number of times Miss Fortune has made Vayne run, or has even outright killed her, is surprising. She can run faster than I can, which says a lot about the shape she is in... though, it helps that she's not weighed down by armor. Her skill with her weapons is also surprising. Any idiot can pick up a gun and kill someone, but not any idiot can ricochet shots off their opponents and into other opponents. Miss Fortune isn't a little girl who found her daddy's gun, she's a real champion.

Finally, I do wonder about her sanity. What kind of person cackles hysterically as she unleashes wave after wave of bullets across the battlefield? The first time I saw it, I didn't see where she was, so I thought it was Luxanna giving her infamous laugh. But that's when the whole enemy team was ripped apart by all the flying lead. I barely take that much pleasure from killing even in my true form. She's something else, that's for sure.

jude680

01-15-2012

dear shyvana

what do you think about malzahar

Ask Shyvana

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrandy View Post
dear shyvana

what do you think about malzahar
Hello, Shadow.

Malzahar is an enemy of Valoran. I don't know if he was too weak to resist the Void, or fell to it willingly; all I know is what he is now, and what he is now is a creature who seeks to plunge our world into the grasp of the Void. Whatever his individual goals are here and now, they must all be stopped.

I will also say that he is not nearly as powerful as he likes to boast. I've faced him several times. Oh sure, he may spout on and on about how mortals are weak, but when I come for him, I can smell his fear just as strongly as anyone else's. He refers to us as mortals, but he is one himself - something I've shown him over and over again.

Riven has shown me that nobody is beyond redemption, but I think that, even if we freed Malzahar from the Void's grasp, he's now too insane to be helped.

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

01-15-2012

Here's a question, Shyvana.

We don't know too much about Sejuani yet, but from what we've been told, Sejuani is coming to kick Ashe's ashe, because she feels that what Ashe is doing to unite Freljord in peace is an affront to their way of life. I was wondering, what do you think about this? Do you think Ashe is doing the right thing in marrying Tryndamere and trying to peacefully unite the people of Freljord, or do you think like Sejuani, in that this is a flimsy and cheap peace, and that the only solution is one final war?

Ask Shyvana

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
Here's a question, Shyvana.

We don't know too much about Sejuani yet, but from what we've been told, Sejuani is coming to kick Ashe's ashe, because she feels that what Ashe is doing to unite Freljord in peace is an affront to their way of life. I was wondering, what do you think about this? Do you think Ashe is doing the right thing in marrying Tryndamere and trying to peacefully unite the people of Freljord, or do you think like Sejuani, in that this is a flimsy and cheap peace, and that the only solution is one final war?
Hello, Tsaalyo.

To quote The Measured Tread:

"Victory for our allies, defeat for our enemies, and justice for all."

I can't imagine doing what Ashe did, though I imagine Tryndamere's arrow isn't getting anywhere near Ashe's quiver. But regardless, Ashe formed an alliance with Tryndamere's people, and has united a great number of the people of Freljord. It doesn't matter if you think it's a frail alliance with no long term hope - if you treat it like that, that's exactly what it will be. Once you're allied with someone, like the Measured Tread says, you should be concerned with their goals and their victory. That's how you strengthen an alliance.

What Sejuani wants to do is take peace and turn it to war, for the sake of what might be a more secure peace in the future. That's not worth it. It's not a guaranteed win, and it spits in the face of the alliance Ashe and Tryndamere already forged. So even if Sejuani wins, the resulting 'peace' will be nothing more than a military stranglehold by one group over another.

Simply put, Summoner, I side with Ashe on this one.