Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

st0pb0t

12-15-2012

"We do a lot of that," Evelynn mused, producing an iron flask from what appeared to be one of Shyvana's couch cushions and taking a swig.

Ask Shyvana

12-16-2012

"...you're storing alcohol in my home?" Shyvana asked.

st0pb0t

12-16-2012

"Not alcohol," Evelynn corrected, and passed the flask over. It smelled like... blood... and mint.

"My own special concoction. If I have to drink the swill to live, I might as well make it as tasty as possible. I'm no chef, but I think it turned out well."

Ask Shyvana

12-16-2012

Shyvana winced slightly, giving Evelynn a disturbed look.

"...what happened to you in the Shadow Isles?" Shyvana asked.

st0pb0t

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
Shyvana winced slightly, giving Evelynn a disturbed look.

"...what happened to you in the Shadow Isles?" Shyvana asked.
Evelynn frowned. She hated this question. She hated having to admit her failings, her frailty, and hated the pity it always garnered. She rather enjoyed being thought of as a fearsome monster, though as usual, she had shot herself in the foot and made yet another concerned friend.

Known for her sharp tongue, Evelynn was quick to think up a dozen sarcastic and wholly untrue responses to Shyvana's question, but she found herself unable to speak them. This went beyond mere friendship then; they shared a mutual concern for one another, though she doubted the half-dragon would ever admit it, and Evelynn sure as hell wasn't about too. After much mental wrestling and a long period of silence, she sighed deeply.

"I miss mortality..." she quietly groaned, looking back up at Shyvana before continuing. "I'd rather grow old and die than suffer through what immortality entails. It's an awful state of affairs that I've grown not just accustomed to it, but revel in it."

Ask Shyvana

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelicious View Post
Evelynn frowned. She hated this question. She hated having to admit her failings, her frailty, and hated the pity it always garnered. She rather enjoyed being thought of as a fearsome monster, though as usual, she had shot herself in the foot and made yet another concerned friend.

Known for her sharp tongue, Evelynn was quick to think up a dozen sarcastic and wholly untrue responses to Shyvana's question, but she found herself unable to speak them. This went beyond mere friendship then; they shared a mutual concern for one another, though she doubted the half-dragon would ever admit it, and Evelynn sure as hell wasn't about too. After much mental wrestling and a long period of silence, she sighed deeply.

"I miss mortality..." she quietly groaned, looking back up at Shyvana before continuing. "I'd rather grow old and die than suffer through what immortality entails. It's an awful state of affairs that I've grown not just accustomed to it, but revel in it."
Shyvana tilted her head curiously.

"You're immortal?" She asked. "I didn't realize this. Since when... how old are you?"

st0pb0t

12-16-2012

Quote:
Shyvana tilted her head curiously.

"You're immortal?" She asked. "I didn't realize this. Since when... how old are you?"
"Since I was tortured, raped, and forced to become a bloodsucking night monster by my father, who was consequently also the king of the Shadow Isles," Evelynn replied, with more smug authority than sadness. "I was pretty upset about that for awhile... before I dismembered him, fed his limbs to rats, and wrung his blood out like a washcloth."

Evelynn took another sip from her flask. "Huh. I just realized that we both have wacky daddy issues. Weird, right?"

Ask Shyvana

12-17-2012

Quote:
"Since I was tortured, raped, and forced to become a bloodsucking night monster by my father, who was consequently also the king of the Shadow Isles," Evelynn replied, with more smug authority than sadness. "I was pretty upset about that for awhile... before I dismembered him, fed his limbs to rats, and wrung his blood out like a washcloth."

Evelynn took another sip from her flask. "Huh. I just realized that we both have wacky daddy issues. Weird, right?"
Shyvana stared at Evelynn.

"...I loved my father, and he died." Shyvana said, perhaps oversimplifying it a little. "That's not quite... I'm sorry, Evelynn."

st0pb0t

12-17-2012

Quote:
Shyvana stared at Evelynn.

"...I loved my father, and he died." Shyvana said, perhaps oversimplifying it a little. "That's not quite... I'm sorry, Evelynn."
Evelynn rolled her eyes so hard it produced an audible sound. "See, this is why I prefer to lie about it. Now you think I'm a scared little girl with a secret heart of gold." She crossed her arms -- a rather difficult feat considering she was shoulder-to-shoulder with Shyvana on the couch -- and turned her head. "Now I have to kill someone in front of you before you'll take me seriously again."

Ask Shyvana

12-17-2012

Quote:
Evelynn rolled her eyes so hard it produced an audible sound. "See, this is why I prefer to lie about it. Now you think I'm a scared little girl with a secret heart of gold." She crossed her arms -- a rather difficult feat considering she was shoulder-to-shoulder with Shyvana on the couch -- and turned her head. "Now I have to kill someone in front of you before you'll take me seriously again."
"Who says that would work?" Shyvana asked, producing a smirk. "Maybe I'll think you're just compensating~."