Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Shyvana

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
Dear Shyvana,

This is my second question to you, time and time again I have seen you mention Vanye. I wish to know how you feel about her, also, how do you feel about Teemo, whether he is on your team or against.
Hello, Jamaree.

I have great respect for Vayne. She's not physically imposing, but she has a level of fitness and talent enough to take on any opponent. I've seen her 'Condemn' people to their own towers and put three bolts through their skulls before the tower could do any meaningful damage to her. I admit I underestimated her when I first met her, and that's a mistake I will never make again. The darkness SHOULD fear her. Even I do, a little bit, if she and I ever have to duel on the Fields of Justice.

Her parents were murdered, which I of course can relate to. A horrible thing to 'bond' over, but I do respect her as a result. We haven't really spoken much, since Vayne isn't much for long conversations, but I can say confidently that she and I are, at the very least, acquaintances.

Teemo is... irritating. Between his invisibility, his mushrooms, and his toxins, he's the type of opponent who can kill you without any real fight. I respect his talents a great deal, of course, but it's infuriating to try to combat him. Though, angering me really works to my advantage, so I suppose that's something. Regardless, he's a solid Champion, and a good person. I respect him, even if I cringe when I see him on the enemy team.

If he's on my team... mixed emotions. Teemo cannot take much punishment, so if he's my lane partner, it's that much more work on my part. Sure, he's a solid ranged attacker and support, but he's not exactly intimidating. Our opponents tend to get overconfident, and attack that much more. I always enjoy a good fight, but that's something of a disadvantage. But once the early part of the match plays through, Teemo becomes a great ally. His mushrooms always alert us to exactly where our opponents are. Plus, with the right equipment, I've seen him kill opponents almost as fast as Vayne. You have to respect that kind of skill and resourcefulness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Olaf View Post
Dear Shyvana I come back with more questions.
Hello, Not Olaf. Wow, I see that.

Quote:
What do you say to a political marriage between yourself and someone from Noxus? Say Le Blanc? or Urgot Imagine if it can unite the two kingdom and everyone will enjoy the peace to come until one of you divorces.
...my dear Summoner, if this is your way of asking about my orientation, it's a little transparent. Anyway... I don't know what I would do. Marrying for reasons besides love is not the sort of thing I was grown up to accept. I realize that it could save millions of lives, but this sort of thing is not the Demacian way. It's our duty to bring evil to justice, not marry it to form a truce.

Though, I will say that LeBlanc is a toss up. We don't know what she wants. There are some who think she seeks to restore Noxus to its original aristocratic state, before it started attacking its neighbors. If she would destroy all the evil that has overtaken Noxus, her position in the eyes of Demacia would certainly change. But since we have no idea what her true goals are, I choose not to answer. We'll see what LeBlanc wants first. Besides, there are rumors that she has been impersonating Prince Jarvan. If this is true, there won't be enough left of her to legally marry, when I'm done with her.

Quote:
In such a relationship who is on the top and who is on the bottom?
...such a marriage would be purely political until a real loving relationship formed.

Quote:
When you feed the enemy team what goes through your mind?
Rage, Summoner, and lots of it. That said, it happens to every champion. Sometimes, the enemy team decides to focus on you more than anyone else. I actually welcome that, on some level, because it's such a foolish strategy. I'm 'tankier', as you Summoners put it. I'll willingly admit that someone like Vayne or Akali is a far bigger threat than I am, and with all due respect, they are far easier to kill. If the enemy team decides to focus their efforts on 'shutting me down', I say, feel free. Chances are, I'm not their biggest problem. And by the time they realize their mistake, it'll already be too late. I'll get enough basic gear to be dangerous regardless of what happened early on, while Vayne will be so loaded up, nobody will be able to stop her.

Quote:
How do you feel about gay marriages? And say if you found Wukong proposing to Jarvan IV and he became your gym partner how would you feel about being family with a talking monkey?
I'm perfectly fine with homosexuality. If it's what you and your partner want, I will never judge. So, I wouldn't judge Prince Jarvan for that... though, there is the fact that he will be King one day, and the King needs to produce an heir. I'm not sure what would happen if he decided to marry another man instead.

Quote:
Imagine if you were going on a camping trip to Zaun Beach with fellow Ionians and Noxians but because there wasn't enough room in the Ionian van you had to hitch a ride with Noxian campervan and your stuck with Cassiopia, Katarina, Urgot, Sion, Swain, Le Blanc and Talon how would you go about breaking the ice? What could you possibly talk about with the champions that doesn't like Demacians?
How... interesting a question. I doubt there would be much conversation between us, I'm afraid. However, I will say that I'd be SLIGHTLY more open to talking to Swain and LeBlanc, simply because we don't know what they truly want to do. That said, I still doubt any of us would say a word to each other.

Quote:
What do you think about the political state of Diremaul and it's current inhabitants?
I'm not familiar with Diremaul, I'm afraid.

Quote:
If one day Garen came home with Frostmourne strapped to his hand how would you react?
...I'm also not familiar with Frostmourne. What are you talking about, Summoner?

Quote:
If you can invite one Hero from Azeroth to represent Demacia in the League who would it be and why?
I have no idea what Azeroth is. You are confusing, Summoner.

Quote:
In your opinion what do you think happens when two Night Elves reproduce? Would they be in bear form or cat form or half and half with a bit of humanoid form?
...I... if half dragons are any indication, they will have a humanoid form, at the very least.

Quote:
If one day Lok'farians (Imagine if there were an army of UN-CCable Vikings) decided to launch a full scale invasion over Demacia with the help of Noxus and Ionians who decided they don't like Demacians anymore, how would the Demacians retaliate? Would they force the Yordle army to march against her enemies?
Demacia would muster up its military power and take our opponents head on, as is the Demacian way. We would get any allies we have, asking the Yordles for help, and ultimately, we would prevail. As for what happened after the war, I don't know. It's all a matter of what caused Ionia to do what they did to begin with. Chances are, it's something we could negotiate before it turned hostile.

Quote:
Do you agree Ninjas are faster than Light?
If Shen and Akali are any indication, no.

Quote:
Is it true that the dragon you find in both the twisted treeline and summoner's rift are your brothers?
No. I don't know why people think that. Just because we're partially the same species? I don't ask any two humans I meet if they're related.

Quote:
Imagine if Jax had a REAL weapon, would you be scared of him?
I fear no opponent, Summoner. I would be more careful when fighting him. Perhaps I'd feel some nervousness, like any real soldier does before a fight with an unknown opponent. But no. I do not fear Jax, or any fight.

Quote:
If you can make a cameo appearance in another game what would it be and why?
Game, Summoner? What do you mean? You are something else, Summoner. I suppose I'd be curious to partake in whatever that 'FUS RO DAH' reference comes from. You have no idea how many times I've heard that.

Quote:
Why do you think the Summoners like to play around with Heroes? Why don't they just settle their differences by igniting the Summoner in the other room?
League matches are not for Summoners to settle disputes between each other, it's something for citystates to resolve conflicts over. The Summoners are always neutral in the conflicts, or the matches would serve no purpose.

Quote:
How do you feel about the Dragon Slayer Jarvan skin?
Prince Jarvan and Vayne have killed many dragons, but this is because those dragons were a threat to humanity. What matters is what Prince Jarvan did for me when he discovered me. Everything he and Demacia have done for me have shown me his true character. So, I have no problem with that attire, nor the similar one Vayne sometimes wears. They are good people, clearly simply defending themselves, not hunting for the joy of the kill.

Quote:
Have you ever met a Dovahkiin?
I have not, Summoner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skagwatcher View Post
Dear Shyvana,
Summoners have told me that from their perspective, the champions they control sometimes do not wear their typical apparel and sometimes look completely different and even have different mannerisms such as Cho'gath changing into a gentleman with a monocle, suit, and a cane(which i would be led to believe to be hilarious). My question is, do champions on the fields of Justice happen to see all of these changes, such as Morgana in her baking outfit and Annie wearing a bear costume with Tibbers in Annie's dress being able to see each other, or can only the summoners see this. Thank you for your response.

Sincerely, Skagwatcher.
Hello, Skagwatcher.

We can see it too. The reason we Champions do this varies. Some Champions simply want to please the crowd or to just have fun, while others prefer certain outfits for easier mobility or more protection, while others are trying to mess with their opponents' heads. Luxanna has an outfit for all three options, actually. Her Sorceress outfit is something for the audience and something she really enjoys wearing. Her Commando outfit offers great protection and perfect mobility. Her Imperial outfit is for intimidating the opponent.

You are quite welcome.

poponastick

01-25-2012

Hey Shyv while you're still here, what's your take on Free Win....I mean Lee Sin?

Also Udyr?

The reason I'm asking you about them is cause those two rock the jungle right now, and as a jungler yourself (most of the time anyway), it would be nice to have an opinion whether those two are making the jungle too one-sided at the moment.

Fffogolin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2012

Dear Shyvana

You have expressed your thoughts on Ahri earlier... May I ask what goes through one's mind's as she uses her Charm skill on you? The effects we summoners observe is that you can not do anything other than slowly and hopelessly walk in her direction.. But the effect ends as suddenly as it starts! It must be a potent rush of emotions, no? Can you share your experience?

Summoner Fffogolin

Samiam22

01-26-2012

Dear Shyvana.

Is there any champions out there you feel sorry for annihilating? Assuming you haven't learned to disregard any guilt or remorse you get from killing people, of course.

MobiusEight

01-26-2012

Dear Shyvana,

I wish to know your thoughts on Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard. Do you feel kinship toward him, similar as you are? Not similar in appearance, mind you; rather, similar in that you both posses fearsome, predatory natures beneath your refinement.

BaronFingerCrush

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2012

Hello Lady Shyvana

Again it is your hidden admirer. Thanks for answering my questions about other champions. This time I will strike with more personal one. Have you ever tried to wear more ladylike clothes such as fancy dress or something like this? Would you mind being crowded by your male fans if such dress would show a bit of your body? Or perhaps you'd just find such clothes uncomfortable? Sorry if this question is too personal.

All best wishes
BaronFingerCrush

Ask Shyvana

01-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by poponastick View Post
Hey Shyv while you're still here, what's your take on Free Win....I mean Lee Sin?

Also Udyr?

The reason I'm asking you about them is cause those two rock the jungle right now, and as a jungler yourself (most of the time anyway), it would be nice to have an opinion whether those two are making the jungle too one-sided at the moment.
Hello, Pop.

Lee Sin set himself on fire. I can't imagine how strong willed he is, but that does make me question his sanity. I can just imagine the Noxian occupiers watching him, mocking him more than anything. If you want to make a statement, set your enemies on fire, they'll care more.

I haven't spoken with Udyr much, but from what I've seen of him, he's incredibly strong and deceptively skilled. He has the heart of a dragon, that's for sure.

Your concerns are rather silly, Summoner. Luxanna tells me there are tactics behind choosing Champions, that some Champions are good 'counterpicks' against others, and so on. I suppose that's true, on the surface. An inexperienced Summoner might have an easier time with certain Champions, which means a talented Summoner of that Champion might seem far more talented than a Summoner of anyone else. But I've seen team compositions that Luxanna called "horrible" absolutely destroy compositions that she was sure would win. She asked me how they could have possibly won, I said "with superior tactics", and she laughed. But the point is, Summoner, I don't mind those two making jungling easier for Summoners that have an easier time with them. Not everyone is suited for commanding the power of a dragon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fffogolin View Post
Dear Shyvana

You have expressed your thoughts on Ahri earlier... May I ask what goes through one's mind's as she uses her Charm skill on you? The effects we summoners observe is that you can not do anything other than slowly and hopelessly walk in her direction.. But the effect ends as suddenly as it starts! It must be a potent rush of emotions, no? Can you share your experience?

Summoner Fffogolin
Hello, Fffogolin.

It's a massive rush of emotions. For as long as the spell affects us, all we can focus on is Ahri. We begin seeing her as the most beautiful thing in the world, and feel that we absolutely must have her. What we feel specifically, I suppose depends on the Champion. I won't name names, since I don't want to disrespect anyone, but basically, some Champions may feel a desire to court and marry her, while other Champions may simply want to rip her clothes off and give League fans a match they never expected to see. Regardless, as I'm sure you've observed, the emotions are powerful enough to make even straight women yearn for her.

MY experience? You are one brave Summoner. If... if you absolutely must know, what I feel falls between the court and marry option, and the rip clothes off option. It's basically a struggle between my human and dragon sides. The human side wants to do things properly, while the true nature of a dragon is always primal. That's all the information you get on what her spell does to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiam22 View Post
Dear Shyvana.

Is there any champions out there you feel sorry for annihilating? Assuming you haven't learned to disregard any guilt or remorse you get from killing people, of course.
Hello, Samiam.

Although I often remark "without remorse" to my Summoner, there are many Champions who I... don't necessarily feel 'sorry' for annihilating, but who I don't enjoy inflicting pain upon. It's most of the Champions, actually. I certainly don't enjoy having Demacians as my opponents, but really, almost any Champion who is on the side of justice, I sometimes do apologize to if I did something truly graphic to them in a match. Keep in mind, most Champions joined the League willingly, and since Summoners tell us what to do during matches, there really isn't much to apologize for. But if a Summoner makes me take my true form and chase down a fleeing Champion who happens to be an ally of Demacia, I'll certainly see that Champion after the match and make sure he or she knows I didn't enjoy, or even want to do that.

The first time I did that against a Demacian, it was against Garen. My teammates already wounded him, and I was commanded to chase him down. I ended up taking my true form, and I'm sure you can guess what happened next. I'm sure he wasn't happy with his Summoner making him retreat, since that's not the Demacian way, so I was sure he was angry with me over what I was commanded to do. Of course, he wasn't, and he was quite amused that I thought he'd be angry with me. He is a very good man.

QUOTE=MobiusEight;20194469]Dear Shyvana,

I wish to know your thoughts on Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard. Do you feel kinship toward him, similar as you are? Not similar in appearance, mind you; rather, similar in that you both posses fearsome, predatory natures beneath your refinement.[/QUOTE]
Hello, Mobius.

I'm not sure what Skarner's motives are, so I'd rather not judge him just yet. I hear that he is the last of his kind, so I do feel some sympathy towards him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronFingerCrush View Post
Hello Lady Shyvana

Again it is your hidden admirer. Thanks for answering my questions about other champions. This time I will strike with more personal one. Have you ever tried to wear more ladylike clothes such as fancy dress or something like this? Would you mind being crowded by your male fans if such dress would show a bit of your body? Or perhaps you'd just find such clothes uncomfortable? Sorry if this question is too personal.

All best wishes
BaronFingerCrush
Hello, Baron.

...I'm surprised it took this long, though in terms of personal questions, being asked what I want to do with Ahri when she Charms me tops this one.

I'm not very comfortable wearing that sort of thing. Not because I'm self conscious, but because it just doesn't feel right. However, I was recently asked to attend a Lunar Revel party in Demacia. Luxanna helped me pretty myself up for that, selecting a dress and braiding my hair. I suppose I looked alright, if the surprise of my fellow Demacians was any indication. And it did show my arms, and had a slit along the right side to show leg.

I don't particularly care if people stare at my body. Some fans ask me to flex an arm or something when they meet me, wanting to see how fit I am. I don't mind doing that - lord knows they're pretty brave to walk up to a dragon and ask for a demonstration of power. Besides, most women in the League know going in that some male fans will gawk at them every time they are in a match. It's something we've pretty much grown to accept. But I wouldn't tolerate being surrounded by them, of course. I can't promise their safety if they try to get grabby.

R­ndom Guy

01-26-2012

Hello Shyvanna.

Thanks for the sparring fight, it seemed you had some fun teaching me how to fight (since it was pretty much a one-sided fight from start to finish), but at least you have to admit i took you by surprise when i threw my weapon aside and decided to against you with my gloves, mostly when i managed at least for once to land some blows that with my weapon wasn't even able to.

So after this i decided to follow your advice and go to piltover, so before i leave i ask you ┐Do you have any opinion about Ezreal, Caitlyn and Corki since i'm heading there? ┐Want to send them a message since i'm going?
Oh and ┐From the sparring fight is there anything you want to advice me about what not to do?. I pretty much know i tend to leave myself open on purpose to make counter strikes but maybe its not such a great idea.

Salutes you
Kraad

Ps: I left you a little present as a thank you gift for taking your time for my sake, i hope you enjoy it.
It kept me safe when i started traveling, so i hope it does keep you safe in those hard situations that you may encounter inside of summoner rift.

chiflemanxD

01-26-2012

what do you think about rammus?

Ask Shyvana

01-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by R­ndom Guy View Post
Hello Shyvanna.

Thanks for the sparring fight, it seemed you had some fun teaching me how to fight (since it was pretty much a one-sided fight from start to finish), but at least you have to admit i took you by surprise when i threw my weapon aside and decided to against you with my gloves, mostly when i managed at least for once to land some blows that with my weapon wasn't even able to.

So after this i decided to follow your advice and go to piltover, so before i leave i ask you ┐Do you have any opinion about Ezreal, Caitlyn and Corki since i'm heading there? ┐Want to send them a message since i'm going?
Oh and ┐From the sparring fight is there anything you want to advice me about what not to do?. I pretty much know i tend to leave myself open on purpose to make counter strikes but maybe its not such a great idea.

Salutes you
Kraad

Ps: I left you a little present as a thank you gift for taking your time for my sake, i hope you enjoy it.
It kept me safe when i started traveling, so i hope it does keep you safe in those hard situations that you may encounter inside of summoner rift.
You certainly are a brave one to try to face a dragon unarmed. I admit, I actually have less experience than I'd like in facing unarmed opponents. Most enemies use some kind of weapon, especially when they see me coming. After all, I'm half dragon. It takes a lot more than a few punches to bring me down.

Naturally, I have a great deal of respect for Caitlyn. She's a member of our "girls night" group that Luxanna and Miss Fortune often organize. Don't break any laws in Piltover, you don't want Caitlyn hunting you. Aside from that, she's personable enough. If you want to get on her good side, ask to see her hat flipping trick. If she's not busy, she'll happily do it. She's quite a showoff with that thing.

I've met Ezreal several times. He interested in Luxanna, so he's asked me about getting on her good side. I try to help, but it's really not my place to tell Luxanna's likes to people, so my advice is usually fairly generic. She knows he likes her, so the ball is really in her court, if she wants anything to happen. Anyway, Ezreal is a brave man, deceptively talented. He's very curious about pretty much anything, so he's asked me a lot of questions about myself and my species. I'm sure you two will get along.

I haven't spoken to Corki much. I really don't know much about him. From the brief conversations he and I have shared, he's a nice enough person. You'll really get along if you like flying machines, of course.

Combat advice? Well, leaving yourself open as a bait is a wise strategy, but less so if your opponent could kill you if he doesn't take the bait. Perhaps that strategy should be used more on people more your size and strength, with all due respect. Against someone like me, you'd be better off working on quick strikes, in and out. After all, I tend to have trouble against Ezreal for this reason.

Thank you for the gift. Unfortunately, League rules are very strict regarding our basic equipment in League matches. You have no idea how much red tape is involved with something as simple as a different set of clothes. But I'm sure I'll be able to use it eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiflemanxD View Post
what do you think about rammus?
Hello, ChiflemanxD.

His taunts are infuriating... but anyway, I don't know too much about him. However, he's a solid laning partner, able to take more damage than even I am. I will say that facing him is not something I enjoy doing. His shell is infuriatingly tough to crack, and if his Summoner buys Thornmail for him, it's almost not worth trying. If I can take my true form, chomp down on him, and he can still fight hard, that's certainly a Champion I can respect.