Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cimmerian

01-23-2012

Dear Shyvanna,

Will you marry me? Please take this seriously,

Love,
Derp EZ

Ask Shyvana

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp EZ View Post
Dear Shyvanna,

Will you marry me? Please take this seriously,

Love,
Derp EZ

Hello, Derp.

...your taste in women is exceptional, but no. Even if I wasn't putting off relationships while Prince Jarvan decides on a future Queen, I require more courting time than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Trinity View Post
Greetings, Shyvana, the Half-Dragon!

It has come to my attention that you may have heard of the one called "Garen", correct? If so, I would like to ask you what you think of him when it comes to the Fields of Justice:

Do you like the idea this leader of the Dauntless Vanguard just camping the bush until an unwary Summoner who sends him champion near then Garen just strikes them from above and spins them to oblivion with his mighty claymore?

Personally I think it makes him the perfect trap but tell me, from your own perspective: Do you think Garen is brave for doing this? Or do you think he is cowardly by just hiding there?

Sincerely,
Summoner Silver Trinity

PS: Have you ever spoken to the mute musician who goes by the name Sona? Please say hello to her for me and that I have said that she is one lovely and gorgeous lady, see what melody she plays that will urge you to reply a message of any form to me.

PS #2: I think you're a great champion.
Hello, Silver Trinity.

Of course I've met Garen. He helped me adjust to Demacia, and is one of my closest friends. Luxanna is very lucky to have him as a brother.

I admit that his strategy isn't the sort of thing I'd prefer doing. My strategy is far more direct. But even though I will always prefer a one on one test of strength and skill, I'd never call what he does cowardly. What he does is strategic. Besides, I've taken my true form and dived onto opponents from the bushes or behind treelines, so I can't fairly complain about what Garen does, even if there was anything to complain about.

I wouldn't exactly call what I've done with Sona 'speaking'. Sure, I try to say hi and whatnot, and she'll respond with some tunes, but there isn't all that much we can discuss besides some yes or no questions, or things whose answers are easily put into emotions. But when we have time between matches or she's simply in the area, I'm happy to share her company.

...I'll be sure to tell her that. I must say, a lot of you Summoners are trying your luck with the ladies of the League. I suppose your next question will be how to go about wooing her, my dear Summoner?

Anyway, thank you very much. I do my best to make Demacia proud. Our enemies tremble before the power of a dragon.

jude680

01-24-2012

Dear shyvana

this new champion ziggs have you heard about him
before

MekansS

01-25-2012

Do you know your father?

Ask Shyvana

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Trinity View Post
I do not really have any interest in Sona. Not in an intimate way, should I have any. The only reasons I decided to say hi to her is because I'm merely curious about how she is doing since Demacia is not her original home.
Really, Summoner? Really? Ehehe.

But alright, we'll play it your way. As far as I know, she's quite happy in Demacia. I always try to make her feel welcome, as do Garen and Luxanna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrandy View Post
Dear shyvana

this new champion ziggs have you heard about him
before
All I've heard is the name. As far as I'm aware, he's good with Hextech explosives. That's complicated stuff, so I'm sure the man is smart. Most Yordles I've met have been quite personable, so I look forward to meeting him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MekansS View Post
Do you know your father?
Of course I knew my father, MekansS. I honor his memory with my armor in every match, thanks to Prince Jarvan's generosity for giving them to me.

Senstrae

01-25-2012

Dear Lady Shyvana.

I know I am long-winded, but there are so many things I feel I should mention and ask.

Your primal nature intrigued me and I prefer your Boneclaw armor. I quickly found myself admiring the speed at which you tear through things during the matches that I summoned you. Everything is shredded and burned quickly, such as jungle creeps, minions, enemy junglers, other champions, undefended towers, Nashor, and that *other* dragon. There is is something very personal about your swiping and punching style that I admire. Most champions prefer to use weapons with a bit of reach, such as swords, staves, magic, but not you - and I like that. Makes you stand out even more, and this is even before you go into dragon form.

Yet I find you hard to place on a team unless I know and can trust every summoner present. Maybe it's a quirk of jungling, but once you're sighted by wards, enemies will run straight for their towers. While you're quick at foot, by the time you catch up it's already too late. Sometimes we can risk it, dive them, and safely get away, but other times it can end in frustrating results. Usually it is easier to go with a different jungler that can root the enemy in their tracks, and close distance even quicker like Rammus or Lee Sin. Granted I do often start by having you swoop in as dragon form with flames abound, unfortunately sometimes it's not enough to catch them. Caitlyn, Ezreal, Kassadin, in particular are adept at escaping, always annoying, as well as the summoners that use flash. I often opt for an oracles to tactically reduce enemy vision but it paints a big target on you that often ends in unfortunate death I'm sad to say. I'd like to apologize for those cases when you die under my control and hope that there aren't hard feelings.

But perhaps you can forgive me for when I do fully commit to a team fight you never let me down. All of their armor gets seared and one by one they fall to the glorious dragon slashing at their faces, or sometimes multiple in the same swing or breath of fire. I do tend to build you with Wriggle's Lantern, Wits End, Trinity Force, sometimes Warmogs or Frozen Malet, paired with Atmas Impaler. Do you have any other item suggestions? I want to learn how to be adept and proficient with you, but it has been a challenge thus far.

Perhaps you might be glad to hear this, but I mostly summon Ionians and Demacians. My common picks are Irelia, Ahri, Vayne, Soraka, Sona, occasionally Lee Sin, Akali, and Kennen. But when I'm obligated to play the mage/middle-lane for the team, there aren't many options coming from either city state, especially Demacia. And before you mention her, I've had a falling out with Luxanna. For the amount of finesse she requires landing skill shots, she doesn't quite seem powerful enough to warrant selecting her. Or rather it is a lot easier to simply pick one of the many many Noxian mages that fit the role. As irksome as as it is to summon them, they do often garner easier success. They are frequently direct and devastating with their magic, prime examples being Leblanc, Cassiopeia, Katarina, Annie, Swain, even the resident Morgana as well as others. Comparatively there are not nearly as many suited for the role coming from Demacia nor Ionia. Why do you think that is? Is it because Noxus encourages power over discipline, or something else entirely?

Also, I'm glad to hear that you don't think ill of Riven. She seems to have had a hard past, and can probably use any niceties that she can get. But earlier you suggested she was not comparable to you in strength. I'd like to counter by pointing out that most humans can't wield such a gigantic weapon with two hands, let alone one, and with such mobility too. The only other human that compares is Tryndamere. I could spare some consideration for Xin Zhao and Jarvan, but the pole-arm type weapons are a lot easier to wield than an oversize sword. So I dare say Riven has similar strength to you - I mean how many champions do you see fighting *and winning* with broken weapons?

I guess I'll ask a couple of last questions since it's not every day that a champion is willing to answer.

What are your thoughts on Irelia, Will of the Blades? You two seem to have similar fighting styles, even if it is with different tools. And by that I mean, you tend to build similar items, which lead you to a very armored but still damaging and aggressive role. You even mentioned that you don't mind being 'crowd controlled' if it helps out the team, and Irelia does that with even greater ease, resisting such effects in the heart of battle.

Also have you discussed much with Ahri? I figure since the two of you share being half-human that it would be common enough ground to start up a conversation. She's very peculiar, and I haven't yet figured out if her seduction and soul-tapping are malicious, mischievous, or simply her way of surviving. Though I suppose the League does her a service by allowing her to use her powers on enemy champions, as opposed to innocent lives. From what I've heard prior to her joining, she had serious regrets harming people with her magic.

I eagerly await your response and hope that your day has been going well.

Sincerely,
Senstrae

Ask Shyvana

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senstrae View Post
Dear Lady Shyvana.

I know I am long-winded, but there are so many things I feel I should mention and ask.
Hello, Senstrae.

No need for the 'Lady'. You've seen what I do for a living, and how I do it. A 'Lady' isn't glad her human form has red hair because that makes washing the blood off of it easier. If you insist on giving me some kind of title, I don't know... try "Shyvana, ma'am." I'm not crazy about how that sounds, but I'm an elite soldier, and we're generally addressed with that kind of respect, sir or ma'am.

Anyway... wow, you certainly are a curious Summoner. Well, I'm glad to have such dedicated fans, so let's see what I can do.

Quote:
Your primal nature intrigued me and I prefer your Boneclaw armor. I quickly found myself admiring the speed at which you tear through things during the matches that I summoned you. Everything is shredded and burned quickly, such as jungle creeps, minions, enemy junglers, other champions, undefended towers, Nashor, and that *other* dragon. There is is something very personal about your swiping and punching style that I admire. Most champions prefer to use weapons with a bit of reach, such as swords, staves, magic, but not you - and I like that. Makes you stand out even more, and this is even before you go into dragon form.

Yet I find you hard to place on a team unless I know and can trust every summoner present. Maybe it's a quirk of jungling, but once you're sighted by wards, enemies will run straight for their towers. While you're quick at foot, by the time you catch up it's already too late. Sometimes we can risk it, dive them, and safely get away, but other times it can end in frustrating results. Usually it is easier to go with a different jungler that can root the enemy in their tracks, and close distance even quicker like Rammus or Lee Sin. Granted I do often start by having you swoop in as dragon form with flames abound, unfortunately sometimes it's not enough to catch them. Caitlyn, Ezreal, Kassadin, in particular are adept at escaping, always annoying, as well as the summoners that use flash. I often opt for an oracles to tactically reduce enemy vision but it paints a big target on you that often ends in unfortunate death I'm sad to say. I'd like to apologize for those cases when you die under my control and hope that there aren't hard feelings.
Using my bare hands, or my gauntlets, is far more primal and personal. Fighting with them makes me angrier... which, on the Fields of Justice, is good for my allies and very bad for my enemies.

To be honest, I'm not sure why so many Summoners 'jungle' with me. Sure, I'm not confined by 'mana', and I have enough training to not be worn down by overexertion, but without the blessing from the Lizard Elder, I... as you Summoners put it, 'lack crowd control'. Taking my true form is a great way to end an opponent, but until I get angry enough to do that... I don't know. I feel I'm far better suited as the 'tank' for our bottom lane, or the solo top lane Champion. But, do as you please. I don't much care what tactics are utilized if we end up winning... provided we don't use any Noxian tactics, of course.

Quote:
But perhaps you can forgive me for when I do fully commit to a team fight you never let me down. All of their armor gets seared and one by one they fall to the glorious dragon slashing at their faces, or sometimes multiple in the same swing or breath of fire. I do tend to build you with Wriggle's Lantern, Wits End, Trinity Force, sometimes Warmogs or Frozen Malet, paired with Atmas Impaler. Do you have any other item suggestions? I want to learn how to be adept and proficient with you, but it has been a challenge thus far.
You have the right idea. Wriggle's Lantern is practically made for me, especially if I'm the solo top champion. Wits End, again, extremely useful. I'm not sure about the Warmogs and Atmas combination, though. Frozen Mallet is perfect, but it provides plenty of 'health', as you Summoners put it. More items like that, and I become too vulnerable to Bloodrazors. I'd instead suggest buying armor or magic resist items, depending on the enemy team composition. But hey, if your strategy has been working, glad to hear it.

I would suggest Phantom Dancers, on top of Wits End. I know many people aren't crazy about buying those for me, but I've had Summoners purchase for me items of attack speed and 'life steal', and it fits me perfectly. I get enraged in no time, and the enemy has to really focus on me if they want to bring me down. I remember one match in particular. Nasus's Summoner built health on him. My Summoner purchased for me Bloodrazors, 'life steal', and attack speed. There was no opponent that could burst me down as I was splattering his guts. The end result of that fight was the most brutal, bloody mess most of us had ever seen. My apologies to Nasus, nothing personal.

But, of course, this is all situational. That strategy sacrifices defensive items. In general, it's a safer bet to purchase Force of Nature, or Thornmail, depending on who our opponents are. Mercury's Treads, Wriggle's Lantern, Wits End, Bloodthirster, and some situational defensive items... though, sacrificing a defensive item for Infinity Edge is rarely a bad idea.

Quote:
Perhaps you might be glad to hear this, but I mostly summon Ionians and Demacians. My common picks are Irelia, Ahri, Vayne, Soraka, Sona, occasionally Lee Sin, Akali, and Kennen. But when I'm obligated to play the mage/middle-lane for the team, there aren't many options coming from either city state, especially Demacia. And before you mention her, I've had a falling out with Luxanna. For the amount of finesse she requires landing skill shots, she doesn't quite seem powerful enough to warrant selecting her. Or rather it is a lot easier to simply pick one of the many many Noxian mages that fit the role. As irksome as as it is to summon them, they do often garner easier success. They are frequently direct and devastating with their magic, prime examples being Leblanc, Cassiopeia, Katarina, Annie, Swain, even the resident Morgana as well as others. Comparatively there are not nearly as many suited for the role coming from Demacia nor Ionia. Why do you think that is? Is it because Noxus encourages power over discipline, or something else entirely?
I'm glad you support Demacia and her allies, Summoner. And yes, I was going to immediately suggest Luxanna, but I suppose, if she's not suited to your strengths, it's best you pick someone else. "Tactical decision, Summoner", and so on.

Noxus DOES foolishly preach power over skill, but that's not really the reason. I myself am mostly power and not a whole lot of complexity. The issue is simply what you're more suited to doing. Luxanna works best at range, so she of course requires more skill to land her shots. LeBlanc works in closer, Cassiopeia uses spells that sacrifice power for a wider range, and so on. It's simply a matter of what a Champion does, and whether or not those skills are something you can command effectively.

If you must select a champion outside of Demacia and Ionia, then of the ones you selected, Annie and Morgana wouldn't be too offensive. Annie does not follow Noxian ideals at all, so there's no problem there. Morgana, meanwhile, is merely a resident, not an official. Yes, she no doubt follows the Noxian way, but she is not involved in our political disputes. In fact, as far as I know, she considers all us mortals foolish and shortsighted, and thinks that none of this political stuff matters because none of us will be alive in a hundred years anyway. I can't say I like Morgana, but I will say that I'd rather you chose a hostile neutral like her, than a hostile enemy like Cassiopeia. Though, of course, I'd prefer it if you learned to utilize Luxanna's skills effectively, instead. For Demacia.

Quote:
Also, I'm glad to hear that you don't think ill of Riven. She seems to have had a hard past, and can probably use any niceties that she can get. But earlier you suggested she was not comparable to you in strength. I'd like to counter by pointing out that most humans can't wield such a gigantic weapon with two hands, let alone one, and with such mobility too. The only other human that compares is Tryndamere. I could spare some consideration for Xin Zhao and Jarvan, but the pole-arm type weapons are a lot easier to wield than an oversize sword. So I dare say Riven has similar strength to you - I mean how many champions do you see fighting *and winning* with broken weapons?
Riven is a very strong woman, and one who I wish only the best for. I didn't necessarily mean strength as in arm wrestling, but rather, how much effort it takes to bring her down. Riven is a great soldier, but I can survive things that would kill her, with all due respect. After all, it's not even a fair comparison - she's human, I'm half dragon. But that's what I meant.

Of course, what she's capable of is amazing, considering she's a human. I'm amazed Tryndamere is capable of using his weapon, and look at the size of that man. Riven isn't built much larger than Ashe, but she uses a comparable blade. There's not much I can say about Riven that isn't good, and I do hope she chooses to become an ally of Demacia, even if only indirectly.

Quote:
I guess I'll ask a couple of last questions since it's not every day that a champion is willing to answer.

What are your thoughts on Irelia, Will of the Blades? You two seem to have similar fighting styles, even if it is with different tools. And by that I mean, you tend to build similar items, which lead you to a very armored but still damaging and aggressive role. You even mentioned that you don't mind being 'crowd controlled' if it helps out the team, and Irelia does that with even greater ease, resisting such effects in the heart of battle.
I'm a touch conflicted about Irelia, because of her choice of weapon. Her blades hover. She doesn't have to be anywhere near her opponent to engage in a sword fight, which isn't the sort of combat I endorse. But Irelia always enters the fight directly, so I respect her even with her floating blades.

In fact, Irelia is honestly in the sort of mindset that I strive for. She's clearly capable of bursts of anger and violence - something we all see by the mess that remains of her opponents - but she has that same balanced Ionian mindset that so many of that citystate's champions have. It's what the Ionian meditation experts were helping me achieve when they were helping me master by true form, and I suppose I'm closer to it than I probably think. But the point is, she has the fury of a dragon, always balanced by an inner peace. It's like she can go from flowers and rainbows to blades and raining blood with the flip of a switch. That's where I'd like to be, too, having complete control of my emotions. I could calmly and coolly represent Demacia on the world stage, while still being the enraged dragon I need to be on the Fields of Justice. I'm close, but not quite yet.

Quote:
Also have you discussed much with Ahri? I figure since the two of you share being half-human that it would be common enough ground to start up a conversation. She's very peculiar, and I haven't yet figured out if her seduction and soul-tapping are malicious, mischievous, or simply her way of surviving. Though I suppose the League does her a service by allowing her to use her powers on enemy champions, as opposed to innocent lives. From what I've heard prior to her joining, she had serious regrets harming people with her magic.
I've spoken to Ahri, yes, for the same reason you guessed. I want to be as human as I can, and so does Ahri. We've helped each other with some of the smaller points of human culture, making sure we don't make some silly mistake.

I can tell you that Ahri does what she does simply to become human. There's no evil about it. She originally didn't realize what she was doing was bad at all, so of course, now that she knows, she wishes she could have reaches her current state some other way. But there's no taking all that back now. She joined the League so she could continue her process without actually killing anyone. You have to respect that. She's not really involved in politics right now, but she's learning every day. I'm sure, one day soon, she will be as important to the Ionian government as Irelia and Karma. And that's good. She's learned the compassion needed to desire true justice in this world.

...I will say that her ability to make people fall in love with her is disturbing. Don't worry about that statement offending her - she's the type to be amused when people are scared of her, not that I am. Seducing men is one thing, but her ability to target heterosexual women with just as much intensity... that level of mental control is eerie. We should all be thankful she learned compassion as quickly as she did, and is now on the side of justice.

Quote:
I eagerly await your response and hope that your day has been going well.

Sincerely,
Senstrae
It's been quite well, thanks for the warm wishes. Thanks for taking such an interest in me. Feel free to visit if you're ever in Demacia... assuming you're brave enough to approach a dragon.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2012

Dear Shyvana,

This is my second question to you, time and time again I have seen you mention Vanye. I wish to know how you feel about her, also, how do you feel about Teemo, whether he is on your team or against.

Not Olaf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2012

Dear Shyvana I come back with more questions.

What do you say to a political marriage between yourself and someone from Noxus? Say Le Blanc? or Urgot Imagine if it can unite the two kingdom and everyone will enjoy the peace to come until one of you divorces.

In such a relationship who is on the top and who is on the bottom?

When you feed the enemy team what goes through your mind?

How do you feel about gay marriages? And say if you found Wukong proposing to Jarvan IV and he became your gym partner how would you feel about being family with a talking monkey?

Imagine if you were going on a camping trip to Zaun Beach with fellow Ionians and Noxians but because there wasn't enough room in the Ionian van you had to hitch a ride with Noxian campervan and your stuck with Cassiopia, Katarina, Urgot, Sion, Swain, Le Blanc and Talon how would you go about breaking the ice? What could you possibly talk about with the champions that doesn't like Demacians?

What do you think about the political state of Diremaul and it's current inhabitants?

If one day Garen came home with Frostmourne strapped to his hand how would you react?

If you can invite one Hero from Azeroth to represent Demacia in the League who would it be and why?

In your opinion what do you think happens when two Night Elves reproduce? Would they be in bear form or cat form or half and half with a bit of humanoid form?

If one day Lok'farians (Imagine if there were an army of UN-CCable Vikings) decided to launch a full scale invasion over Demacia with the help of Noxus and Ionians who decided they don't like Demacians anymore, how would the Demacians retaliate? Would they force the Yordle army to march against her enemies?

Do you agree Ninjas are faster than Light?

Is it true that the dragon you find in both the twisted treeline and summoner's rift are your brothers?

Imagine if Jax had a REAL weapon, would you be scared of him?

If you can make a cameo appearance in another game what would it be and why?

Why do you think the Summoners like to play around with Heroes? Why don't they just settle their differences by igniting the Summoner in the other room?

How do you feel about the Dragon Slayer Jarvan skin?

Have you ever met a Dovahkiin?

Skagwatcher

01-25-2012

Dear Shyvana,
Summoners have told me that from their perspective, the champions they control sometimes do not wear their typical apparel and sometimes look completely different and even have different mannerisms such as Cho'gath changing into a gentleman with a monocle, suit, and a cane(which i would be led to believe to be hilarious). My question is, do champions on the fields of Justice happen to see all of these changes, such as Morgana in her baking outfit and Annie wearing a bear costume with Tibbers in Annie's dress being able to see each other, or can only the summoners see this. Thank you for your response.

Sincerely, Skagwatcher.