The Ursine Sancturary (Open Rp)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskTheStormBear

1 Week Ago

Throughout the secluded Frelijord, lies a cave system located at the base of the Ursine's Sacred Mountain, the home of the mighty Ursine. A race known for it's legendary feats in the thrill of combat. The main base of the mountain would be covered and lined with tribal like tents mainly composed of thick leather hides. Upon approaching, one would be introduced to the fierce noise of grunting Ursine violently sparring with one another. The tents would be distinguished from each other by shape and size. Some were private sparring tents, and others could be barracks. Behind those tents lied a series of caves which were connected by a simple system of tunnels. Inside were carved out rooms for every Ursine. Only one room stood out from the others. Upon the top of the entrance were 8 black carvings. It belonged to the leader, the chieftain, Volibear. Within the cave was a single desk, a flat boulder, a thin mattress made of animal skins, and a rolled up tarp on top of the entrance. The walls were covered with paintings and distinctive markings representing Volibear's rank amongst the Ursine. In the center of the room was Volibear himself. He was seated upon his boulder like chair, and was reading a scroll he received from The Institute of War. In it described how he was soon to be receiving visits and letters from all of Valoran. Upon finishing, Volibear would slide the paper aside and prepare himself for any future visits, whether for better or worse, if any at all.

AskChronokeeper

1 Week Ago

Volibear's first letter arrived rather quickly, whoever sent the letter somehow knew he would join the Ask Program before the the Institute official announcement.

"Dear bear,

As a traditional first question in the Ask Program, what is your 'Breakfast of Champions'? Don't ask why this is relevant to anyone, it's merely a tradition"

The letter was sent anonymously, not even the scent of the writer could be detected; the Institute itself would take care of mailing the answer to the correct destination

BloatedBile

1 Week Ago

dear voliboo,

what do you have against zilean?

-bb

AskTheStormBear

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskChronokeeper View Post
Volibear's first letter arrived rather quickly, whoever sent the letter somehow knew he would join the Ask Program before the the Institute official announcement.

"Dear bear,

As a traditional first question in the Ask Program, what is your 'Breakfast of Champions'? Don't ask why this is relevant to anyone, it's merely a tradition"

The letter was sent anonymously, not even the scent of the writer could be detected; the Institute itself would take care of mailing the answer to the correct destination
Upon reading the letter, Volibear would start questioning the purpose of such a question. After remembering he was required to write back, Volibear proceeded to do so.

Dear Mysterious Questioner,

"To answer a question like this requires a certain mood, but a fresh, fatty seal always makes a great meal for any hungering Ursine."

Sincerely,
Volibear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedBile View Post
dear voliboo,

what do you have against zilean?

-bb
Dear bb,

"What?"

Sincerely,
Volibear

BloatedBile

1 Week Ago

dear ursine chieftain,

your institute bio says youre rival is zilean, but nothing indicates why its so. i think its cool that he can make you super fast in matches.

-bb

AskTheStormBear

1 Week Ago

Quote:
dear ursine chieftain,

your institute bio says youre rival is zilean, but nothing indicates why its so. i think its cool that he can make you super fast in matches.

-bb
Dear bb,

"What is this bio you speak of?"

Sincerely,
Volibear

BloatedBile

1 Week Ago

dear thunder's roar,

its in your official file in the institute records. here's how it starts and ends.

"the unforgiving northern reaches of the freljord are home to the ursine, a fierce and warlike race that has endured the barren tundra for thousands of years. their leader is a furious adversary...

ursine cannot know peace without war.' "

-bb

AskTheStormBear

1 Week Ago

Quote:
dear thunder's roar,

its in your official file in the institute records. here's how it starts and ends.

"the unforgiving northern reaches of the freljord are home to the ursine, a fierce and warlike race that has endured the barren tundra for thousands of years. their leader is a furious adversary...

ursine cannot know peace without war.' "

-bb
(I don't think the files actually exist in the LOL world itself.)

Bright Oblivion

1 Week Ago

((They might, but I doubt the Champs have sat and read them, much less memorized them. As for the disagreement with Zilean, don't you ask that to every Volibear, bile? I seem to recall you asking it to me twice when I was playing the bear, and that was a couple years ago. At least you've finally stopped calling the Ursine 'Voliboo'

For the Ursine chieftain himself, beyond a hearty 'Welcome,' I give: ))

Dear Ursine Chieftain,

How do you reply to these letters? Do you have a special quill? Perhaps a scribe? From what I have seen of your paws on the Field, they don't seem dextrous enough to handle a normal pen without struggling to do so. I'd hate to think the League had demanded you write people, and then not provided the proper means for you to do so with anything resembling ease.

-A Curious Summoner

AskTheStormBear

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Oblivion View Post
((They might, but I doubt the Champs have sat and read them, much less memorized them. As for the disagreement with Zilean, don't you ask that to every Volibear, bile? I seem to recall you asking it to me twice when I was playing the bear, and that was a couple years ago. At least you've finally stopped calling the Ursine 'Voliboo'

For the Ursine chieftain himself, beyond a hearty 'Welcome,' I give: ))

Dear Ursine Chieftain,

How do you reply to these letters? Do you have a special quill? Perhaps a scribe? From what I have seen of your paws on the Field, they don't seem dextrous enough to handle a normal pen without struggling to do so. I'd hate to think the League had demanded you write people, and then not provided the proper means for you to do so with anything resembling ease.

-A Curious Summoner
(I'd like it if BB continue not calling me Voliboo. I treated most of his post as troll post not really knowing if any of them were serious. Anyways, thank you. )

Dear Curious Summoner,

You'd expect a being like me not being able to write, but it's not as difficult as you come to see it. You see, I have a simple cloth/leather piece that I slide onto one of my claws. I dip the said claw into a cup of ink and then proceed to write my letters as if I am carving out markings. It's an ingenious way of writing as I see it.

Sincerely,
Volibear