The Time Chamber (Ask Zilean)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskChronokeeper

4 Days Ago

It should be no surprise that Zilean resided deep within the Institute of War, unusually distant from other champions and facilities, even experienced summoners would find themselves lost in the maze-like hallways while searching for the Chornokeeper's room. Time, however, wasn't really a concern, as no matter how aimlessly someone wandered through these corridors, they would eventually find themselves where they intended to go in a few minutes. In the past all this effort would be fruitless, but recently, for unknown reasons, Zilean has recently decided to open himself and his personal space for visitors and their questions, even if just a little.

The entrance was guarded by what could be described as a 'clockwork gate', with moderaly powerful arcane energy emanating from it despite it's ordinary appearance, or what could be considered 'ordinary' by the owner's standards. The door was in fact created with common materials and mechanisms, but was seemly impossible to open or simply interact with, no amount of brute strength, lock picking and mechanical skills or magic seemed to affect the door at all, it was effectively, if not actually, frozen in place and time. A small plaque next to the door said 'knock once, then wait 5 seconds'; there wasn't really any type of penalty for knocking on the door more than once, although it would strangely produce no sound when knocked upon, probably the reason the sign exists.

Unless the Chornokeeper was busy, away or the visitor was unwelcome, in exactly 5 seconds after the first knock the door would suddenly return to normal, ticking loudly as it unlocks itself and swings inwards, revealing a rather large old fashioned reception/visit room, modestly decorated with antique furniture, perfect replicas of relics from different regions of Valoran and, of course, several different types of clocks and other time measuring devices, not limited to standard mechanical/clockwork ones. The decoration would slightly change periodically, but at any given time there would be at least a dozen or so clocks, as well a few chairs and a coffee table in the center. There were no other visible doors or any kind of passageway to other rooms, or even a sign that other rooms existed - If there was something hidden, only Zilean knew the answer.

Finally, time inside the chamber begins to move twice as fast as the doors closes, every two minutes inside equals only a single minute from an outside perspective. Zilean's clocks were adjusted to show the 'normal time' (or 'Valoran Standard Time', as he preferred to call it), but any clock a visitor brought would run 'faster', without notice other than the fact it wouldn't match any other clock in the room - and with so many of them in every direction, that shouldn't be a problem even for the absent-minded.

=================

((A few useful/important notes:

About the room - Feel free to use your imagination, but keep in mind that all objects are mundane/non-magical, but you can pretty much find all type of antiquities from anywhere in Valoran, possibly even items that might interest an OC if you really wish (and if Zilean having and displaying said item makes sense)

About Zilean and his abilities - Zilean is very, very powerful, both lore-wise and specially in RP; time warping, divination through time plus his regular magic abilities, with centuries of practice, that's a lot of troublesome power. On the other hand, that power is not limitless or effortless, he's not necessarily omniscient or anything like that, but overall I doubt Zilean will have to actually use full extend of his power unless he's part of an epic plot or something is doing something really, really stupid. I want Zilean to create opportunities for character development and interesting RPing, while still being loyal to his lore and personality - Or at least the little we know

I believe that's all for now ^_^ ))

Grievous77

4 Days Ago

Dear Zilean,

Breakfast of champions? Nice beard as well!

- Sparky and Griev

((Welcome to the forums my friend. I hope you do have a wonderful time, and remember to visit Blitzcrank for him to dissect...err...scan you! Enjoy fellow brother! *hugs*))

BloatedBile

4 Days Ago

dear zil,

what do you have against voliboo and armor bears?

-bb

AskChronokeeper

4 Days Ago

(( Bad Internet + Forums not working = GG T.T ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grievous77 View Post
Dear Zilean,

Breakfast of champions? Nice beard as well!

- Sparky and Griev

((Welcome to the forums my friend. I hope you do have a wonderful time, and remember to visit Blitzcrank for him to dissect...err...scan you! Enjoy fellow brother! *hugs*))
(( Thanks for the welcome ^^ I'm actually working on finding excuses to have Zilean visit other champions, although Blitz and Orianna shouldn't be a problem. Just don't mess with his magnificent, glorious beard xD ))

Zilean grinned widely. He was not-so-secretly extremely prideful of his own beard and considered it 'the greatest beard of the Millennium', a self proclaimed title, but who could disprove the Chronokeeper? - "Focus Zilean, your beard is indeed marvelous, but that's not the question at hand" - he said to himself, as he began to write a response:

"Dear Sparky and Griev,

Ah, the famous traditional question, an excellent question nevertheless. I personally prefer a light breakfast consisting of fresh fruit and a cup of tea, I might add in some slices of bread and swap the tea for coffee if I foresee myself in need of the extra energy. It is worth mentioning I'm assuming that by 'breakfast' you mean 'the meal shortly after a long period of rest or sleep', which in my case may or may not happen during the 'morning', my 'daily' routine is rarely aligned with what most individuals would consider the 'standard', and indeed, it's a matter of perspective.

-Zilean"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedBile View Post
dear zil,

what do you have against voliboo and armor bears?

-bb
(( That was actually a hard question to answer. There's nothing explicit in the lore that explains their rivalry, but ironically it does make some sense in the end ))

"Dear bb

I hold no grudge against bears, armored or not, that's a misconception, I do, however, disapprove Volibear's permanence in the League of Legends. I do not wish to criticize a fellow champion when said individual cannot speak and defend his own position, so I shall try my best to be succinct: Volibear is a warmonger who believes that he his 'saving' his kind from destruction by generating even more conflict in the Freljord region; as a pacifist and someone who can actually foresee and interpret the future, I believe that Volibear is a fool who doesn't realize that his interpretation of his 'prophecy' and how to avoid it is simply flawed.

His acceptance into the League only reinforces his misguided leadership, which is why I once said 'the League should not accept the armored bear or any other of his kind'. It seems that summoners misunderstood what I meant and assumed that I disdain bears in armor for absolutely not reason. Indeed, I'm old, but I'm perfectly sane and would not judge any individual based on such superficial features.

P.S.: Please refrain from calling me 'Zil'

-Zilean

BloatedBile

4 Days Ago

dear chronokeeper,

do you not like the name zil?

-bb

AskChronokeeper

3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedBile View Post
dear chronokeeper,

do you not like the name zil?

-bb
"Dear bb,

To be honest, in the beginning I didn't enjoy nicknames at all, I was annoyed by them; of course, for exactly that reason my closest friends used it all the time. Eventually I grew attached to it and it became a sign of friendship. I believe you can know understand my point, you're a complete stranger to me and I would be grateful if you instead use my name or champion title. Thank you in advance.

I apologize if I sounded rude earlier.

-Zilean"

Putting his response letter aside, Zilean sighed. He did not blame bb of asking what seemed like an innocent question, but he could not avoid feeling saddened by it. What was once a sign of friendship has now became yet another painful memory, a reminder of a past that he might never be able to recover. Thankfully, he still could change his future.

"It's about time I changed my routine" - He said to himself with a smile, as he returned to his normal activities for the day

BloatedBile

1 Day Ago

dear zilean,

thats really sad. are you friends with anyone from the league?

-bb

AskChronokeeper

21 Hours Ago

"Dear bb,

The answer depends on how you define 'friendship'. Do I 'get along' better with some Champions or Summoners rather than another? Yes; do I have a friend that calls me by a nickname? No; Will I ever give a straight answer to a question regarding personal matters? I doubt so. Again, I hope I do not sound rude, I simply prefer not to reveal much if anything about my personal life, I do not blame you for your curiosity however."

-Zilean