Mordekaiser's Christmas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thaisun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2011

I'm bored. I accepted a challenge on the latest Summoner Showcase thread that said something to the effect of, nobody does anything with Mordekaiser in it since his nerf. So, here's a short story.

The snow fell quietly, the white blanket enveloping the landscape. Mordekaiser stood silently under the turret's hulking figure, the light from it illuminating the snowy area. It was a quiet night, the turret like a lantern guiding the way. He watched as a line of small creatures clothed in purple approached, their swords and staffs raised. He solemnly walked forward with his own group of "minions" until they were locked in combat. He swung his mace, smashing each little being that tried to attack him. It saddened him, this was not how he wanted to spend this night. He longed to be like the other champions, all quietly enjoying each others company, exchanging kind words and gifts to be opened on the next day. But alas, he was stuck here, the last battle of the night. He didn't want to have to fight someone tonight, not on Christmas Eve. He watched as a figure approached, his feet floating above the ground. Malzahar, the Prophet of the void was to be his opponent. The purple clad man projected his energy at Mordekaiser's own allies, each one falling and slowly disappearing. But each time the blue minion's were wiped out, Malzahar neglected to attack Mordekaiser.

"Why, Voidborn, why do you not take the chances you have to destroy me? You know as well as I that I cannot strike you from where I stand." Mordekaiser called to the floating man. His hood covered most of his head but Mordekaiser thought he saw the man frown.

"I do not strike you because I do not believe it would be just. Not tonight. Any other day I would strike you down without hesitation, but I see your pain." He said as he struck another small creature. "I see no fault with striking those who would strike me, but you show no signs of aggression. Therefore, I will not fight you." Mordekaiser nodded, his night might turn out alright after all. His summoner agreed quietly, confirming Mordekaiser's decision not to attack. Without warning though, and before the iron clad man could react, a burst of pain shot through him as an arrow pierced his armor. He turned and saw the Frost Archer herself, Ashe, readying her bow to fire another arrow. He concentrated his energies to form a shield of metal scraps to surround him as the arrow was let loose. He brought up his mace and sent a ripple of energy at her, knocking her to the ground.

The battle between the two ended quickly as the rest of both teams engaged in a large battle in the center of the snowy path. Mordekaiser only struck those who attacked him, but didn't hesitate to shield his allies. He watched as Malzahar did the same, making sure to support his team. Suddenly, Malzahar went rigid, a large blade protruding from his chest. Mordekaiser watched as his body slowly fell to the ground, energies of the void swirling around it. The warrior Tryndamere stood behind him, watching his body fall. Before the Phophet's body faded, he raised his hand and projected a ball of energy before launching it into the distance away from the battle. He made sure to nod to Mordekaiser as he slowly faded from reality. Mordekaiser barely had time to register the rest of his team retreating as they were swiftly defeated.

Mordekaiser walked along the white land, the trees offering him little security as he wandered from bush to bush. What had Malzahar done before he died? How would he know what he was looking for? How did he know it was even meant for him? The questions nagged at him in the back of his head as he walked. Suddenly, his foot caught on something half buried in the snow, he fell quickly and caught himself on his hands before rising again. He turned and felt around for whatever tripped him, wiping snow from himself. Slowly, a faint glow emerged as he felt through the snow. He curled his fingers around the source of the glow and pulled a small orb from the ground. The orb was perfectly round and emitted a faint purple light. He set down his mace as he held the orb in his hands, the glow warming him. Suddenly, the orb cracked, a deep line snaking along the top. He stared in awe as it began to break open.

He realized with sudden curiosity, that the orb was an egg. He watched silently as the egg shattered in his hands and the shell faded away leaving a small diamond shaped creature in his palm. Slowly, the diamond seemed to come alive, the edges curling out and becoming legs. The small being had four legs, a head and four tiny yellow eyes. It stared at Mordekaiser, returning his gaze as he watched it curiously. He sat down with it still in his hand, its head turning as it looked around. It crawled to the edge of his hands and looked around before returning to the center of his hands, turning completely around before looking up at him and sitting down like he was currently doing. He laughed, something he hadn't actually done in a long, long time. He now knew what the being he held in his palms was what Malzahar had called a "Voidling". The man had given him one of his most beloved companions. Mordekaiser sat in awe as the small creature raised it's head and yawned, a small mouth that he had no previously seen opening and closing. It curled up in his hands and before long he could feel it softly rumbling as it slept in his hands.

He held it close to him, it's heat filling him as he shielded it from the snow. He looked up as another wave of energy washed over him, a bright light shooting into the sky as one of the things his summoner had called, an "Inhibitor" was destroyed. He knew what this meant, time was running out. He didn't want this to end! He now knew that he was not alone in this world, he did have ones he could call friends. What he had been feeling before had been cured by one kind gesture by none other than his former enemy, Malzahar. Another bright flash went off as the final Inhibitor was destroyed. He knew what would come next, as the fourth, and final bright flash went up, brighter than all the others. He held the Voidling close to him as everything fell away, fading into nothing. He watched as the newborn creature suddenly woke, looked at him, then disappeared. He was left alone in a small room. The room where he had been summoned into the battle from. He moved to the door and opened it slowly with a heavy sigh.

As the man stepped out of the door he noticed a small black box on the ground. He lifted it slowly, and examined it. It was a gift. He knew that much from what the other champions had talked about, but he had never seen on of his very own. As he went back to the place he called his own, he opened it slowly. Inside was a letter and a small round wrapped object. The letter was addressed to him, but there was no sign of who sent it. He opened the letter and read it.

Dear Mordekaiser,

I share your feelings and I am glad we could spend some of this day together. I wish other champions understood. Inside this box is a gift from me to you. I hope this will keep warm feelings inside you. Merry Christmas, my friend.

He slowly set the letter down and opened the wrapped object. Inside was a small black orb that began to glow faintly at his touch. For the first time in longer than he could remember, Mordekaiser smiled.

The End.

Huh. Thought it would be better. Oh well, the person said nothing about the thing being good or bad!

GypsyReborn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2011

awe :3 mordekaiser finally finds happiness glad i read that made my day just a tiny bit better

Thaisun

12-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyReborn View Post
awe :3 mordekaiser finally finds happiness glad i read that made my day just a tiny bit better
Glad I wrote it then =) Always nice to makes someone's day better. It's funny, I really had no clue what I was gonna do with him till I put Malzahar in there. Voidlings are amazing ^^

Thaisun

12-30-2011

Ugh, I need something to do. Someone give me another character to write a Christmas story for!

Magister Gir

12-30-2011

it warmed and touched my heart it was beautifully written and I thank you for this story. Now for the next one I demand a Veigar one!!
A VeigarxLeona
Do you accept my challenge!?

Thaisun

12-30-2011

Ok, one with Veigar and Leona? Can do... I think. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
Anyway, I'm glad it is making people happy =)

Thaisun

12-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magister Gir View Post
it warmed and touched my heart it was beautifully written and I thank you for this story. Now for the next one I demand a Veigar one!!
A VeigarxLeona
Do you accept my challenge!?
All done with it now. Posted it as a new thread =)

Thaisun

12-30-2011

Here's a picture of Modekaiser's Voidling =) Got bored and decided to test my new tablet. I'm terrible at computer drawing, would have been better if I had just drawn it but oh well.

Tinafishy

12-31-2011

man I adore this short story (:
so well written, and the meaning behind it just gave me a warm feeling inside
10/10, keep writing!

Thaisun

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinafishy View Post
man I adore this short story (:
so well written, and the meaning behind it just gave me a warm feeling inside
10/10, keep writing!
I'm so glad people like it =) I'm having trouble getting ideas of my own so if you guys have any ideas for me to write on don't hesitate to post!