Reduction of Cho'gath death penalty.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EchoRex

10-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFefnir View Post
I can honestly see this forum in the future if Cho's feast is changed. I really can. Cho would be really Overpowered, and you can't say that he wouldn't. A fully feasted Cho is something to be reckoned with. Having to deal with one constantly would be rather.... bad.

I'm trying to keep Cho out of the spotlight because I actually like playing him currently. And I feel that I do well with him. I hate how people keep asking for buffs for champions I like, which result in them getting nerfed worse off then they were before the buff. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.
This.

As it is, in any sort of higher ELO game it is hard to maintain the feast stacks and still have it available to use without just disappearing for ~4.5 minutes everytime the opposition does manage to kill you. This gives them incentive to focus Cho'gath, because with an Atma's and maxed out feasts/warmog's and some attack speed, he is a true monster to deal with.

But the reverse would be to make Cho'gath so strong all the time that he would be knee jerk nerfed, or have the items he makes best use out of knee jerk nerfed.

He's a solid choice right now, the player has to focus on surviving as many engagements as possible once he starts getting his feast stacks building and if the player does so he is rewarded with a strong attack, high health tank.

The only change I would like to see is to have feast give different ammounts for minion, monster, and hero kills.

Bianary

10-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmonkey View Post
double the health gain, halve the number of stacks! srsly 6 minutes is longer than it takes to charge a bloodthirster... and without feast, you've got low HP unless you're buyin HP items
It takes longer than 6 minutes to charge a bloodthirster unless you're only farming creeps and not stopping to fight other champions.

IEatBabies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2009

"I will feast upon your souls!" any chance we can get a permanent increase to health every time we kill a champion? The easy minions feast should be able to be gotten rid of, the harder champion kills shouldn't. It gives people incentive not to feed the monster and makes them wary. You'll still be first target in any fight, but I usually am anyways.

Just for clarification I wouldn't want full stack amounts for Hero kills. 50 health per would be plenty for me. You kill 10 people a game with feast, and only with feast, you get 500 max health. You die 10 times trying to get extra health and everyone makes fun of you.

I'm sorry if anyone posted this earlier. I didn't feel like reading the back and forth.

....oh yeah, make Cho' huge again, please, please, please, please, please! I beg you! He is so much fun when he is GIANT!

IEatBabies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalodontus View Post
I think the reason for the way Cho'Gath is designed for players who are playing him to get the hang of keeping alive, adding challenge and a lurning curve to him. There are probably some who will say that while he might prove to be a challenge it might take the fun out of playing him. True, he does lose a lot when he dies but I think he is pretty ok the way he is, especially if you have good teamates. You have to consider that a good Cho'Gath player doesn't require a full 6 feasts to be effective in the field.

And Jackalope, while the idea is interesting, but Adaptive Growth almost seems as if Cho'Gath has to feed in order to tank properly, which makes it once again a double edged sword.
"lurning" i'm so sorry to troll, but I almost passed out when I saw that.

Jackalope

Adjudicator

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFefnir View Post
I can honestly see this forum in the future if Cho's feast is changed. I really can. Cho would be really Overpowered, and you can't say that he wouldn't. A fully feasted Cho is something to be reckoned with. Having to deal with one constantly would be rather.... bad.

I'm trying to keep Cho out of the spotlight because I actually like playing him currently. And I feel that I do well with him. I hate how people keep asking for buffs for champions I like, which result in them getting nerfed worse off then they were before the buff. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.
The numbers are subject to change, the mechanic is a much better one though