Reduction of Cho'gath death penalty.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hoax

10-10-2009

Honestly its a good mechanic currently, don't die, or if you can get the other team to overextend trying to kill your giant Cho and your team can capitalize its well worth it. Like someone else said you can go for cooldowns through rune/mastery/item build if you want. Frozen Heart + masteries = 34% so thats practically maxed already.

Smiling Bandit

10-10-2009

btw is the one sec (or half sec) cast time on the ult really necessary? I had the same prob in multiple games that ppl started running before i could eat them. I clicked my ult while they were in range but the short cast duration messed up the kill. Sure it makes sense from a logical standpoint that u cant instant swallow someone but hey it is a game.
Back to topic I really like the idea of double Bonus and half stack size, that would be really cool! I usually get stuck on 2 to 4 stacks so it would suit me really well. Since I consider myself a pretty average chogath player so it should come in handy for a lot of ppl. Exspecially for the not so experienced players toying with chogath this would be good.

Anniie

10-10-2009

This doesn't need to be changed.

The opposing team likely expended a lot of resources to kill that cho' gath.

There need to be penalties for dying.

Corltan

10-10-2009

If you are going to put in some kind of protection for cho'gath death so he doesn't lose all the stacks, it seems like there also then needs to be a ceiling on how much hp can be gained through the use of this ability, possibly increasing with each level of the ult.

Mercurius

10-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmonkey View Post
double the health gain, halve the number of stacks! srsly 6 minutes is longer than it takes to charge a bloodthirster... and without feast, you've got low HP unless you're buyin HP items
protip: even without feast cho'gath is one of the highest HP tanks.

Spikey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmonkey View Post
double the health gain, halve the number of stacks! srsly 6 minutes is longer than it takes to charge a bloodthirster... and without feast, you've got low HP unless you're buyin HP items
I like this idea sounds like it would work well, but it would make him a lot more powerful a lot quicker after hitting level 6, making him quite a powerhouse at those mid levels.

Perhaps his ultimate could scale so that lvl 1 ult gives X health capping at Y feasts.
At level 2 increase the health given by more than it currently is, but reduce the amount of feasts possible
Then at level 3 do the same again so that in the end it would have the overall health gain it currently does now but in a lesser number of feasts.

Aeonus

10-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
I like this idea sounds like it would work well, but it would make him a lot more powerful a lot quicker after hitting level 6, making him quite a powerhouse at those mid levels.

Perhaps his ultimate could scale so that lvl 1 ult gives X health capping at Y feasts.
At level 2 increase the health given by more than it currently is, but reduce the amount of feasts possible
Then at level 3 do the same again so that in the end it would have the overall health gain it currently does now but in a lesser number of feasts.
I think it should depend on WHAT he eats
If he EATS a champ he should gain a % of their health
If he eats a creep/minion he should just gain x amount of health
and both should be limited by x amount of feasts

AI Assimilator

10-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
protip: even without feast cho'gath is one of the highest HP tanks.
Im not agreeing with the person your quoting, but what you stated is false.

excluding feast and items.
out of the 14 tanks cho'gath is 11th in hp (1st has highest base hp at 18). This doesnt include other champs that are not categorized as tanks and actually have higher base hp than cho'gath. E.g gankplank has higher base hp than cho'gath.

Mercurius

10-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Assimilator View Post
Im not agreeing with the person your quoting, but what you stated is false.

excluding feast and items.
out of the 14 tanks cho'gath is 11th in hp (1st has highest base hp at 18). This doesnt include other champs that are not categorized as tanks and actually have higher base hp than cho'gath. E.g gankplank has higher base hp than cho'gath.
#11 is still above Rammus and Amumu, who i've never seen a complaint about not having enough health. Take feast into account and they're blown away.

Krom

10-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
#11 is still above Rammus and Amumu, who i've never seen a complaint about not having enough health. Take feast into account and they're blown away.
And if you just spam it to eat creep for HPs you can't use it in player fights to kill people.

When's the last time you saw Amumu use his ult on some Wraiths?