Twitch strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zenoheld

12-27-2011

eh hi everyone
i have just tried twitch and i sucked, just feeding, cant lane, and i dont know why, im asking for help, cuz i cant play with twitch: bad damage output in early game, always focused, and one of the squishiest champions in the game so if u can help me out ill apreciate it

Loctorak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2011

His damage is fine early game. I take 21/0/9 in masteries cause I like the mp5 but you could also go 21/9/0 if you're more conservative. For runes I like to take armor pen reds, armor yellows and mr per level blues with flat ad quints to make sure twitch does decent damage from the start.

For items and play style I start with either dorans blade or boots and 3 hp pots. I like to stand back and get some cs then usually I'll try stealth behind a champ. This is best with a lane partner that can stun. Wait for their engage and then let loose on the easiest kill you can. Be aware that people react to a twitch appearing so be ready to run back and/or use a potion if they start hitting you. As twitch your goal is to take 0 damage while messing up your enemy's day. Don't be afraid to ward up, push your lane then go gank another lane. Feeding twitch early is crazy good for your team. Twitch works well with an early IE or Black Cleaver. You can follow up with standard ad carry items like PD or Bloodthirster. Also consider items like Youmuu's or last whisper. For boots either Berserkers or Mobility (if you like to roam and gank).

In team fights I like to wait until the fight starts, walk to a good position then pop out, ulti and shred as many of them as you can.

Finally, if you're playing well and have low deaths, pick up an oracles. This will help pick up wards placed to spot you and for general team vision. If an opponent gets oracles either play twitch like a normal carry in team fights or communicate to your team that you'll be less effective until that champ is destroyed. Work together to bring them down.

Twitch is great fun when you get used to him.

Fawkes

12-28-2011

Grab farm, always be ready to stealth in case of a gank, refrain from pushing/overextending, be sure to pick up some kills by roaming once you grab mob boots.
^^ Laning with someone with a stun is always nice, I also like laning with someone who can handle a solo lane while I start roaming (i.e. Garen, Nasus, Cho)... It's also nice if they allow little old Twitch to farm, and proceed to farming while Twitch goes out for a stroll

KimchiPanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2011

Twitch is one of those high risk high rewards type of champs but everyone messes up with him a first so keep trying. Because most people just quit and tgry easier champs twitch has become a noob champ. If you're interested in how i play him i get armr pen quints, 7 atk spd reds + 2armr pen, 9 armr seals, (personally i get mana regen blues to poke) but most pros go 9MR. Item build is dorans blade(sell later), merc treads, infinity edge, phantom dancer, wits end, last whisper, 1 defensive item (banshees or randuins). Most twitches dont realize this but you're a carry...meaning you have to lane bot lane with a support such as sona or soraka, or someone wtih a stun such as cho or sion. In team fights wait till all the CC is popped because they'll be luking for you first. Twitch is a "cleaner" champ. Just get used to him. Also the best matches you'll have with him is with premade becuz solo q doesnt know wtf a twitch does n says he doesnt do anything in team battles

DoubleSin

12-28-2011

Don't let solo q people ruin your impression of Twitch. He is really powerful and extremely effective but requires a lot of awareness. The builds listed above are in general the same as I use, however on occasion I will build a Madreds over say a Wit's End for tank destruction. High health targets tend to be a real pain without it and many Twitches chase a low health beefy monster and end up getting ganked in the process. Madreds will solve the bait problem and score you some kills they probably didn't expect. Will also help you farm pretty quick and if you get a gank kill early game you can pick it up relatively fast. That said don't be afraid to pop your ult. Often popping your ult rather than chasing will earn you more kills and avoid needing to chase.

The comment above about Twitch being high risk and high reward is very true especially early game when you are fragile. For example, in solo q you can time level 1 jungle ganks on your opponent. Most people leash and run away, don't really stick around to defend. At 2 minutes flat or so you can stealth to blue and on occasion pick up a quick kill plus aura. Takes practice but most people have no coordination in solo q. If you get into a tight spot flash over the wall and b behind their 2nd bot turret or buy time to stealth back. Just an example of some tricks you can do to get ahead early.

Also wards are your very best friend to mess up their jungler.

Keeperofstars

12-28-2011

roam, roam, roam

on hit affect items, / crit items.

go to lane get a few levels focusing on last hitting like any good ranged carry, when / if the enemy gets in range, get a shot off start some poison, at minimal it stops natural regen on them, stealth is your main mana drain, don't over use it in lane, just use your constant harrass, get them worn down and invis up stay there as long as possible, so when you come out your speed buff stays. Pop out lay out lots of damage, expunge and all that fun stuff, add an exhaust / ignite and you get a solid kill.

Get your mobility boots, twitch crawls slower than a baby in a mothers woom. He needs them to get around. From here your no longer seen by the enemy ever again, well that is till you crash a lane and crush them.

Often times your enemy will get a purple for your lane, if so no problem just notice it and keep farming, or as I like to do, head for different lane and gank it.

When ganking set yourself at max range you can between your target and their escape path, (here is where a bunch of twitch fail) They come in from the side or come in right next to the person, instead get behind them, first reaction is to run to their tower well your there so they run sideways which gives you more time to hit them, also keeps them between you and your laner. Bam dead person.

Black cleaver, divine sword, rageblade, infinity edge, bloodthrister what I try and get. Not in that exact order.

I like divine cause well every 4th hit does 100 extra free damage. And at max attack speed well you rip them a new one in a hurry. I like rageblade cause it gives another 45 AP, which means after you open up and they go to run away you have 8 stacks build and you expunge for a bunch more damage. It can also help with ripping towers cause you can utilize it's attack bonus without having to rely on stealth bonus, also means your still highly valuable even if they have an oracles, cause you just play squishy range dps roll at that point, till you get rid of oracles.

Note you are a bit of a glass cannon, and twitch comes with a kill me first tattoo from the second he is seen. This is cause if you get your gear, you can nearly ace their whole team in a fight.
So they will shut you down any chance they can get.

Now one thing I have seen is if you get a strong leech you can actually jungle, but to me with new jungle changes he doesn't have the aoe in his kit to make it worth it. So lane and go gank.

Key is you need to have your team realize you're not going to be in lane, you are going to roam and shut down their team, instead.

Oh and ask your team to let you have the kills, cause they are getting creep kills, and you are not so you need the champion kills.

Nrimsat

12-30-2011

i just played twitch for second time only and got 32 kills(about 7 were ksed) and u just gotta survive long enough to get to lvl 10+ and get alot aspd and crit and autoattack out of stealth 6 times which will lower their health down to about half cus of crits and then use exponge(expunge?) to lower it even lower then autoattack......this is for a mediocre twitch i beleive.... u can get so much better by playing smart

Nrimsat

12-30-2011

jhust stack aspd and crit and some decent boots and autoattack till 6 stacks and use exponge and finish off with autoattack or use debilitating poison to slow or use ulti to finish if theyre running away

Zenoheld

12-31-2011

ty guys, i also learn something in other posts and im used to use tanky champions so im not a good twitch XD