Swain needs a buff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Castrer

12-30-2011

Since the last nerf he got, swain power and serviceability decreased dramatically, hes only viable skill is the nevermove

Aside from that he drops dead too quick in team fights because hes ulty obligates him to be near enemys.Iven if you stack AP and only if you manage to , you become more or less usefull end game, but still die as quick.

Hes farming is horrible and hes mana drainds way to quick. He needs help!

Swain was good as he was before but now hes just too dam squishi and easy to kill, drain only works in pen and papper (75%) on shamps, but the thruth is they out dmg you by far alot more.

In mid lane if you engage on an enemy with minions around him, you drain on him and the minions but the dmg the minions do to you while you engage him cancels your healing + the dmg done by the mage just drops you dead.

Tell me what you people think about this, sence nerf you no longer see any swains, i use to be main swain but now no matter what build i do he just drops dead too dam quick.

Kwljunky

02-06-2013

also the changes to morellos tome hits him too hard ..
i feel the same as you, as i mained swain in season 2 , but now .. nothing ~~

Daerkannon

02-06-2013

Let me be the first to say... huh? What nerfs? He's had a few buffs in the last year or so, but nothing that's really changed his play style.

If you're on a team that you can't rely on your jungler to give you blue all the time (i.e. most solo queue games), you build chalice. Heck, I'd build chalice anyway because I hate being useless if my blue suddenly runs out in the middle of the fight.

Zhonya's was and continues to be core on Swain precisely because of his survivability issues in team fights. It's even better now that it builds out of Seeker's Armguard because it gives him a path to counter AD casters in mid.

So in short... nothing has changed for Swain. The meta has changed around Swain and if that's what you're complaining about, then say so. :P Games are shorter and you get less farm. An unfarmed Swain is going to be ineffective in team fights, but this is true of many champs that need 3 or more good items before they start to become a real force in team fights.

adc

02-06-2013

Hell, Swain is sleeper OP. He's really, REALLY strong. His early lane is stupid good because of his E, and if you catch them with a W/E/Q combo, they're generally dead.

McFace

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castrer View Post
Aside from that he drops dead too quick in team fights because hes ulty obligates him to be near enemys.Iven if you stack AP and only if you manage to , you become more or less usefull end game, but still die as quick.

Hes farming is horrible and hes mana drainds way to quick. He needs help!

Swain was good as he was before but now hes just too dam squishi and easy to kill, drain only works in pen and papper (75%) on shamps, but the thruth is they out dmg you by far alot more.

In mid lane if you engage on an enemy with minions around him, you drain on him and the minions but the dmg the minions do to you while you engage him cancels your healing + the dmg done by the mage just drops you dead.
The only reason he would be too squishy in team fights is if you don't itemize him correctly. Zhonya's is core on him for a reason. Once you get a lot of AP you are healing a surprising amount, and if you properly time your Zhonya's you can get in and stay in for a long time.

If you are good at last hitting he actually has infinite lane sustain once you hit 6 because of his passive and healing with his ult. His mana is weak early yes. I rush a RoA first to help with this AND add tankyness.

Toonetime

02-06-2013

Doesn't need a buff. You just aren't playing him correctly.

Daerkannon

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFace View Post
If you are good at last hitting he actually has infinite lane sustain once you hit 6 because of his passive and healing with his ult. His mana is weak early yes. I rush a RoA first to help with this AND add tankyness.
Good point. RoA is really good on Swain. Heck, try stacking them just for lulz and see what all that extra AP and health does for you.

ROKAF JE

02-06-2013

Is this a troll post?
http://lol-patch.com/swain.html

Swain is amazing.

Minions won't be hitting you, you're not an auto attacker. You don't know what you're talking about.
RoA is the core of swain.
Chalice/Athenes + ROA + blue = unlimited mana forever.

McFace

02-06-2013

I would like to point out that I just noticed the date of the op.......

adc

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFace View Post
I would like to point out that I just noticed the date of the op.......
Baller. What a guy.